What do you think of this album I made?

what do you think of this album I made?

cartooncats.bandcamp.com

thnx for listening

Attached: 1_MURAKAMI.jpg (567x567, 423K)

bummpppflwenfwef

Attached: 47262834_1789030584559119_994396744202584064_n.jpg (800x960, 156K)

Bumpppsjdhshhs

Attached: E40339C9-1911-484E-ACDD-6CA3958931B1.jpg (750x968, 783K)

Has a nice feel to it, not bad user

I'm gonna add a little more substance to my comment. You have a nice voice and I think the lyrics are well-written. I like the guitar parts especially.

thnx I appreciate it

dnfsdfkdsf

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 12.20.08 PM.png (1814x1170, 1.26M)

Listening to it now on spotify, thats some good shit user. Going on my playlist

Genuinely good user, nice work

terrible and stop trying

Pretty fucking awful tbqf. What on earth compels people to shit out cringey, low effort audio diarrhea like this and then brag about and exhibit it on the Internet? Do you also like to post pics of your cumrags after you're done jerking off into them too, OP? Also lay off the basedbeans chief, you sound like a mincing autistic faggot. Don't quit your day job kiddo.

Attached: 2ec.png (327x316, 208K)

Meh critics, dont listen to them, theyre invalid they said the star wars sequels are good.

thnx for listening :^)

bumppewfkljnewfewfewf

>this music is objectively bad
ok guys
Really like it OP

Attached: Sipp.jpg (1428x1000, 99K)

pretty decent, sounds a bit basedboyish though

Idk what basedboyish means

big vibes

s/o Takashi Murakami too

was going to listen til i saw those song titles

Attached: 7e03b64586e0f0fbc1df0415d30dec2c.jpg (924x884, 98K)

ayyyy
I have been obsessed with him recently. He is seriously one of the great artists.

Attached: CBD5A1C0-E53C-482E-8829-26F42D91A22E.jpg (1862x1180, 951K)

Yea man... I do visual arts so just like to give everybody credit... I make music occasionally too and I never listen to anyone ones music ... but I legit made it through 4 songs bro... good shit... I like this

God bless Im glad you like it.

I do visual art as well
Pic related

Attached: 9263CA26-FA42-42E4-B637-4CBC169E1637.jpg (750x1005, 886K)

Bump work on naming your songs though the names are a little cringy but the songs themselves are good godspeed user

Im getting cold play tame impala vibes

Damn... you one talented muhfugga
Lol

Thnx.
Heres my theory
what we think of as natural talent is actually how much you enjoy doing something, which leads to how much youre willing to sacrifice in order to do it.

Trust me, I wasnt born being good at anything, but art brings me so much joy that Im willing to sacrifice time, money, social life, hell even my dignity at times, to pursue it

I love tame impala

Attached: 42922275_2094194607257559_5682101244227747840_o.jpg (998x1500, 152K)

nice album op i like it
i'm tripping hard on 1plsd rn and this is perfect music for it

Attached: 1548401517132.jpg (800x800, 828K)

well the album was almost entirely inspired by a trip I had, so that makes sense

Attached: Pablo_Picasso,_1911,_The_Poet_(Le_poète),_Céret,_oil_on_linen,_131.2_×_89.5_cm,_The_Solomon_R._Gu (328x490, 69K)

really good OP, gave me some neutral mil hotel memories for some reason. keep it up, I believe in you

oh totally. I learned how to play guitar and sing by playing neutral milk hotel songs.

thnx :)

Hey op this reminds me of the Beatles and its fucking awesome
Good job!!!!

Attached: 1548802144884.jpg (480x480, 32K)

On the real, op there's too much damn negativity on this image board so hear me out when I say that you're doing great and I hope you continue to do stuff like this if you enjoy it. You have alot of talent and a good feel for melody and good songwriting. Love.
Glad I decided to check r9k for a lil bit before I head to bed and found this

Attached: DDDAFTo.png (672x717, 634K)

Ayy that's really cool. Usually stuff by random people online is incredibly mediocre, this sounds like...not-mediocre. Gj OP

very nice user!, what inspired you to make music?,

I love this question, but it's so hard to answer. I'll list a few things in no particular order:

music has helped me so much and given me so much joy, so I want to add to that in the world
it just feels good to sing. I don't know how to describe this besides saying that it feels natural. it's just fun and pleasurable
I make music that is tailored to my own interests. there's only a finite amount of music that I enjoy, so I want to make even more music that I can enjoy
there are things that I'm not able to put into words, but that I want to communicate. music is how I can do that
yes, there is the ego-driven desire for fame and sex (i'm ashamed of this, but I'll admit it)
it makes me feel productive. if I spend several hours working on music, I'm able to fall asleep feeling like the day hasn't been wasted

thnx I'm glad you guys like it :)
feel free to share it if you feel inclined to do so
it's also on Spotify

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 8.36.58 AM.png (972x1186, 1.82M)

i take it back this is a great album

lol what was your original comment?

i said it was terrible but i didn't actually listen

Seeing as everyone said this is great already, Ill give some other tips
Try not to go for a maximalist approach on songs, sometimes less is more, stick to a couple off ideas per song, dont add more layers to a complete cake
If you wanna be taken seriously, which i almost didnt do, change the name or the album art aesthetic, after all, that is the first thing people see and its certainly not representing the style of music you make

Good job senpai

Interesting. What compelled you to do that? Im not pissed, just curious teabee h

Good point. I do have to say, however, that Im highly attracted to maximalism as an aesthetic. Ive been obsessed, for example, with my beautiful dark twisted fantasy recently. And, as I posted, Takashi Murakami has a maximalist style that I love. And in literature, massive books like infinite jest and gravitys rainbow enthrall me. I see your point though. There has to be a balance.

And I know what you mean about the album art and name. I need to work on that. Ill admit that.

Attached: ED37A4D7-5DEE-4F98-9AE8-C610C31BDFA0.jpg (1706x1280, 567K)

good music, hope to see more at some point

very nice album, definitely going into some of my playlists.
you should upload it to soundcloud if you haven't already

Not him, but i relistened too and, holy crap, its still twee overly precious indie guitar dogshit. Fuck off back to 2006 when people cared about this kinda of elephant 6 sounding revivalist faggotry Sam.

Attached: R1324_FEA_Tekashi69_B3.jpg (2048x1024, 1.98M)

Wait one second, are you the user that made rock and roll salvation ecstasy? I remember when you posted that here. It was pretty cool.

Is that MF doom?

Is that you singing? Did you make those songs alone? That's pretty fucking nice. I'm impressed. You're talented. What the fuck is a talented person doing on Jow Forums

Yea I agree with this. This is a bit cringy and not something that you see a lot in professional songs, I'd personally avoid doing that. Like in Rock and Roll Ecstasy the point where you sang the title of the song was a bit cringy in my opinion, the rest of the song was dope.

Other than that it's fucking REALLY nice. Like I'm not giving this compliment because you're just a random amateur and I want to give you a little patback as encouragement like "Yay you're such a creative little boy!", like praising some kindergartener's drawing and hanging it on the fridge, I actually think you're pretty fucking good. If someone told me this was Tame Impala music or some random professional band I probably would've believed them (since I dont listen to a lot of Tame Impala and wouldnt have been able to distinguish the voice)

I think this might be good music to listen to on shrooms or acid, though I usually prefer pop, dance, house and electronic music generally than something like this, I wouldnt necessarily skip this if this randomly ended up in my YouTube playlist while tripping. I might be too enchanted and entranced by your voice and melodies.

Keep it up OP, you might actually wanna try and contact record companies or something and send them samples. Maybe you'll get lucky and someone will contract you.

Yeah, aping NMH and Tame Impala takes talent lmao, there aren't a billion and one clones of those bands already. Are you fucking retarded? Fucking "record companies" KEK? What year do you think this is, 1977? Are you 12?

i think you did a good job. it's well produced if you recorded it on your own. only listened to a few songs but i'll listen to the rest later

Goddamn dude, this is fucking great. Will probably listen to on repeat all day tomorrow.

you've got a very nice voice user

Good shit OP

This is professional-tier stuff
Definitely adding this to the playlists

im a pretty big fan of neopsyche, and your stuff is nice OP, good work. reminds me a lot of Temples

it's really good man, nice job, I like track 1 and 2 a lot

just posted your album in a discord server of mine and somebody already sent me to compliment your talent! keep up thr good work brobot

On the first song and I'm already loving it. I'm more of a sound person than a lyrics person, but it's pretty good shit. Keep it up

Will do.
I havent

I love this sound, so imma keep doing me. Thanks for listening tho :)

Yep thats me

Yes. I think

Yeah I wrote them and recorded everything on my iPhone in the GarageBand app in a practice room at my college while working full time. And the whole album is only a piano, an acoustic guitar, and my voice (and the synths in the GarageBand app) (Im not kidding about any of this)

Attached: 979FD382-D4D1-4665-8C5F-205CA66B2479.jpg (403x612, 42K)

I really appreciate that
Thank you

Attached: A8CED59F-C2A5-4EE2-933A-FD34CE6EB21B.jpg (3090x1175, 1.5M)

Kek and i'm never going think about (You) or your cornyass mediocre pastiche background music ever again once this thread dies ;) Keep on flipping those burgers dawg.

Attached: 5c05b0d55930f81bc151e604-750-563.jpg (750x563, 101K)

First song is very good, will listen later