Intelligence is everything

When you're smart, you can get good at anything to the point of mastery in an efficient way, you have many routes to take and you can do anything because you'll succeed most of the time. whereas people who are low IQ will have to work hard just to be average at most things, and there would be less things that they could be proficient at.
For example, to someone who is truly intelligent, math is fun because it's easy enough for them to make them confident, and challenging enough to keep them interested. People who aren't smart will instantly be turned off by math because it seems daunting and too big for them, it makes them lose confidence, and they would immediately know that it's too difficult for them and look for something else that could capture their interest.

As the world becomes more advanced, everyday jobs are becoming harder, any substantial job requires years of study, preparation and experience, and even then, you're easily replaceable as the next guy so long as the company sees so. The modern world favors the intelligent and steps over anyone who isn't.

Intelligence is literally everything in the modern world. If you aren't talented or athletic(which is most people), your life is fucking over before it even began. Might as well move to a different country where your IQ is the average or lower.

Attached: 1497527957755.jpg (759x508, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_child
cogprints.org/1369/3/IQTAN2.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=bQSUu2CRRBE
youtube.com/watch?v=oj62Uy25uBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>inb4 brainlets with Dunning Kruger come in and rage about being too smart to get a job or a gf

You should have posted this on reddit, maybe they will care

Looks and height matter a lot too, intelligence isnt everything

Well lemme tell you that im definately to smart to get a gf

>Looks
a little
>height
lol no

intelligence matters for a instathot?

I have a 4/10 manlet friend from Cal Tech that disagrees

didn't consider women

He should looksmax and become a 8/10 and slay pussy.

Math is a skill and can be learned and improved

You can only get smart if you're provided the tools to succeed.
>not true you lazy commie fuck there's people who are naturally gifted >:(
Einstein would have been nothing but an animal if he was born in a jungle.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_child

Attached: 3e5.png (312x350, 80K)

He also has no charisma and can barely talk to guys even. Hes probably a millionaire now at age 30 but hes never been on more than 1 date with a girl. Really fucking smart though

>When you're smart, you can get good at anything to the point of mastery in an efficient way
This isn't an anime retard.

Then he's obviously not that smart. Or has serious mental issues.

but it's true, you learn faster the smarter you are

He was a "mathlete" in highschool and did very well and went to Caltech for CS, I think that speaks volumes. He also cant make eye contact with people and literally cannot talk to girls. Even when he is forced to go to normie events like raves he still cant socialize. Sad really

So mental issues.

yeah but even if you're "provided the tools to succeed" you're still bound by size of your brain and race which indicates your IQ
cogprints.org/1369/3/IQTAN2.pdf

Attached: iqq.png (628x306, 77K)

>brain site
A legit study for sure, who cares about spelling errors.

Look, I'm intelligent, but I'm also ugly and have no social skills. Maybe I'll get a good job and shit, but no girl will ever love me.

You clearly are not as intelligent as you think.

Sure, I'm a social retard and probably have poor judgement, but OP is talking about IQ.

What makes you think you are smart?

He's book smart and socially retarded. It doesn't disprove OP's point that intelligence is everything. There are just different types of intelligence.

I had my IQ professionally tested, and I'm a uni fag and consistently end up in the top of my class despite never studying

>intelligence

I think you may be lying

So clearly your intelligence is limited to some specific domain. A genius artist doesn't get surprised if he struggles to solve physics problems.

youtube.com/watch?v=bQSUu2CRRBE

oregsnao

Wrong the fact that you can study for IQ test to increase your score means that IQ is not a predefined value inherited by genetics. I believe in a deterministic approach that IQ is affected by your environment which promotes your ability to recognize patterns which causes analytical or stereotypical values that we consider as intelligence.

Just like a chimp in the wild can not solve the same problems that a trained zoo chimp can solve.

Maybe, but when OP said intelligence is everything, he specifically referred to IQ, which would be what you're referring to as some specific domain. OP is wrong.

>the universe is intelligent because ur intelligent
AAAAAAANNNND i stopped watching there. Theist should KYS

Attached: 1551217183479.png (728x899, 236K)

>Intelligence is the ability to recognize patterns
I don't see how anybody could contest this. I don't know why philosophers and psychologist keep applying ambiguity to the definition.

Attached: pp,550x550.u2.jpg (550x397, 77K)

Person A is really good at recognizing patterns, but thinks slowly. Person B has no imagination and can't recognize patterns for shit, but once he learns something he's like a human calculator. Who is more intelligent? It's difficult to say.

If he can learn something that means that person who thinks like a calculator is capable of seeing patterns so the former statement makes no sense. We would consider this person is intelligent in this field. You can no contest this nor was my statement trying to compare intelligence I was merely defining what intelligence is. There's a multitude of variables that affects individuals that is also processed through a window of perception. To try and compare to individuals as who is more intelligent is almost an impossible endeavor and a rather stupid one.

Attached: 174931.jpg (225x350, 37K)

Hey, look, an actually intelligent post on Jow Forums.

Seeing patterns that have already been shown to you before is a completely different skillset from recognizing new ones.

While I'm not his biggest advocate, there's a really good Jordan Peterson video where he talks about how complex menial jobs have become, and what it realistically means to have a low IQ (having done social work as a psychiatrist to such patients).

Essentially, 10% of the population has an IQ of around 80 or below. That's ONE IN TEN PEOPLE. At an IQ level this low, you can't even do jobs like working at a warehouse because it requires the use of complex electronic devices to mark packages and shit which would be beyond your capabilities. You've probably never met these 1 in 10 people, but they're there, hidden in society, usually homeless or institutionalised. It's horrifying.

youtube.com/watch?v=oj62Uy25uBs