/fat/ - NEET edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For fatbros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it
>be a retard

Previous:

Attached: 1480020375163.jpg (792x550, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677812/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-weight/diet-reviews/ketogenic-diet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy shit is that ugly

Attached: Bronies, this is your mindset.png (307x157, 28K)

Post em.

Attached: 64474556_645218775946361_5779649512117108736_n.jpg (750x832, 36K)

Have you got good news for me, my son?

Attached: 1560420722563.png (1229x1160, 78K)

1600 kcal is an easy limit to hit.

Attached: distraught meme.png (1159x1080, 892K)

How much time should I take in between reps? And for barbell deadlifts, do i just grab the barbell off of the bench press?

kill these freaks

Attached: 1398030510195.png (608x631, 628K)

Started week ago, down 6kg

2-3 minutes is fine. Some people say 90 seconds but I see those very same people swinging weights or bouncing them or throwing their back into movements. And yeah, if your gym doesn't have a bar set aside for deadlifts, just grab a bench or squat rack and do it there

In between reps? You mean sets right?

Thanks. The sticky doesn't really cover etiquette.

yeah sets my bad. just did my first stripped 5x5 tonight since posters were telling me to lift instead waiting to lose more weight.

>put my weight into the app for the first time
>it suggests taking a progress photo
>realize I haven't looked at myself in the mirror for several months
>take off my shirt and see how I look
>look at my face
>look at my belly
>take the photo
>dump everything remotely unhealthy in the garbage
>jump on the rowing machine for 40 minutes
That was the kick I needed it seems

1 to 3 minutes. I do 3 minutes for heavy compounds, and 90 seconds for isolations

Whats the healthiest option at Mcdonalds? Its the only thing open at this hour

Probably an OG hamburger.

Two McDoubles. No buns. Bring a low carb tortilla from home and eat them out of that

Just go to bed.

There's food at home.

I lost 9 lbs this week, father.

Attached: sad.jpg (233x217, 14K)

>be yesterday
>decide I'm going to cheat
>keep it in the back of my head all day
>know I'm going to fucking cheat
>reach my 1500 for the day
>already plan the cheat meal I'm going to have, at least 500cals
>get to the kitchen
>eat an apple instead, then go to bed
I was so happy this morning.

H-how big are you guys? That's Dr. Now levels of weightloss

Water weight

no es bueno!
la migra la migra!

Attached: 1558062221997.jpg (750x433, 59K)

I've gone from 218.8 to 172.6. I still feel fat as fuck.

Asked this last thread but no one replied

Should I continue fasting, I was 16st 10 and have only lost a few pounds over the past couple weeks, On friday the scales read 15st 13lbs NOW I am back up to 16st 4lbs

wtf is going on?

I have also started to walk 3 miles at lunch as I have a desk job which has contributed to my rapid weight gain

Attached: Untitled.jpg (402x291, 29K)

Fasting is retarded, stop doing it.

what the fuck WHY, I need to lose, weight, I only do 16 hour fasts while cutting my daily calorie intake

literally everywhere else said I should fast

Read the sticky and the OP. IF isn't fasting, it's just arbitrarily cramming all your intake into one window for absolutely no benefit.

But I don't cram, I have lunch after doing a 3 mile walk at 2pm then eat dinner at 7pm, why would I choose to snack after this when trying to lose weight

fat

Can someone redpill me on how to lose weight with protein shakes? tempted to take the plunge

Attached: 11726019-1744682362746843.jpg (1600x1600, 420K)

>2 kg down in 11 days, though scale has been stuck for 3 days now
>my patience is increasing, my fat is going away
>haven't had any binges so far
Feels good.

You take one scoop through the rectum right after waking up and consume nothing else for the rest of the day, some oxygen is OK.

Has anyone tried keto? Is it a meme? Counting calories is doing me good but I like to try keto to see if it would speed up the weight loss

Attached: DsC9gm2.gif (420x275, 1.99M)

You won't lose fat any faster.

Protein shakes aren't some magic powder that makes you ripped or slim. It's literally just protein. It's effectively just a chicken breast. The only reason to use them is if you dislike eating and can't get enough protein through your normal diet, which only applies to skellingtons or Monster addicted fat shits that can't physically swallow anything else

It helped me. But you do you.

it's not about losing weight it's about repairing muscle after working out and making sure you get enough protein daily if you don't eat enough generally, it's not like a slimfast milkshake lmao

As said before, it won't help you lose fat faster than just keeping a deficit. But for me it's helped fight hunger a lot, and I really enjoy the benefit of having consistent energy throughout the day.

I've lost 40 pounds so far over the past couple months, and I ain't stopping for a few more.

Plus Keto diet allows you to eat pretty good food, even on a diet.

Broke my plateau heavily after I got knocked out of keto and am now getting back in again. Hungry now, but the number on the scale makes the hunger naught but a distant thought.

I planned my whole day's eating around a barcode I scanned wrong - MFP told me 4 sausages was 900cals, but it turns out these are 'light' sausages and it was only 450cals. I get a free pass this time.

>he doesn't lose weight and learn a new language simultaneously
no vas a hacerlo

I've been doing some fasting and have, inevitably, been kicked into ketosis while doing it. I think it's definitely worth trying out if you're carrying around a lot of fat. Fasting is a good way to kick start it.

Pretty sure the whole point of keto is that you're forcing your body to burn fat for lack of glucose in your blood by keeping your carb intake low. I mean, in that sense, how can you claim it doesn't burn fat faster when the whole point of it is that it makes your body burn fat for energy over carbs?

Post body

Attached: Screenshot_20190618-142043.png (1080x1920, 125K)

Please remind yourself of the difference between body fat and dietary fat, thank you so much. Burning dietary fat doesn't mean burning body fat and burning body fat doesn't mean burning dietary fat. The two are completely unrelated. Body fat is burned during periods of relative energy deficiency, regardless of diet composition, and dietary fat is partially burned in response to intake of dietary fat. Fat loss is about burning body fat, not burning fat.

>Pretty sure the whole point of keto is that you're forcing your body to burn fat for lack of glucose in your blood by keeping your carb intake low. I mean, in that sense, how can you claim it doesn't burn fat faster when the whole point of it is that it makes your body burn fat for energy over carbs?

Ah yeah, you're right. Although I think it's important to note that people should still track calories. It helps, but it's no alternative to counting calories :P

219 today. I realize a 2000 calorie deficit is insane but I expected the weight to stop going down everyday for a while. Not that I’m complaining but I’m just confused as to if this is still part water weight or not. I’ve estimated that I should be under 200lbs by around August 5th.

I ate 800 calories worth of pop tarts yesterday and I’m 4 lbs heavier this morning.

what's the best limit on carbs? I've seen some places reccommend 20g, other 30g and some 50g

There's no confusion between the differences, but you're also depleting your glycogen stores by keeping your carb intake very low... so why wouldn't that lead to an increased burning of your fat stores, professor faggot?

It seems to depend on your level of activity.
I haven't really made a huge effort to maintain it, but when I am I just try to stay under 20g~.

Down a pound this week.

Didn't eat too much shit yesterday.

Prepped "protein rice" (just Jasmine rice made with bone broth) for my lunch carbs.

What else did you eat, my son?
On a slightly unrelated note, it blew my mind when I found out that a package of poptarts was 400 calories. When I was younger, I would take a package to bed with me as a snack... just tacking on an extra fucking 400 calories at bed time like a little cunt.

Attached: fat confession.png (2217x2217, 715K)

>you're also depleting your glycogen stores by keeping your carb intake very low... so why wouldn't that lead to an increased burning of your fat stores, professor faggot?
Because body fat loss is a consequence of energy deficit. Glycogen status is irrelevant, it's a completely different physiological system. The energy during a deficit has to come from somewhere or you would simply die. Not sure what you're having trouble understanding

Please don't taunt the cultists, they might take over the thread again

If those different colours are meals what are you eating for breakfast every day and why did you fuck it Wednesday

100 grams of Greek yoghurt with 100 grams of frozen strawberries and a cereal bar. I had a lower calorie cereal bar on Wednesday.

It sucked, by the way. It was basically just the ordinary bar but half the size.

I don't see how it's irrelevant when your body wants to prioritize using sugars over fats. Lack of glycogen means your body is going to use fat. If you're energy deficient you're going to burn glycogen stores... If there are no glycogen stores, you're going to burn fat stores. In what way are you not burning more body fat in ketosis if your body is relying on fat stores for energy as opposed to glycogen? Do you live in a world where no one is running at an energy deficit throughout the day?

>not sure what you're having trouble understanding
Ketofags aren't the smartest people around

Ketomad is pretty based. I dont feel hunger anymore, I know when to eat when I start feeling nauseous or light headed. Started 3 weeks ago and haven't messed up once. Used to be such a huge sugar addict, now pastries and chips look unedible
I highly reccomend ketomad for any fatty who cant control themselves around sugar and have issues sticking to restricted caloric intake.
Big congrats to any fatty who can eat a high carb calorie restricted diet, I have no self control with sugar

Attached: 1513920682421.png (657x539, 110K)

The only reason to be on keto is because fat and protein based foods are more saciating. It helps when you're a fatass without self-restrain, but that's it. The broscience cult around it makes my seethe.

And then there are retards like who can't understand how the human body works on a caloric deficit, even it you tell them a hundred times

Says the one who doesn't understand what "TDEE" and "being on a deficit" means

>the only benefit is satiation
>calls me retarded

??

Attached: Screenshot_20190618-131811_Lose It!.jpg (1080x982, 168K)

I think Layne wrote something about how just being in a fat burning mode doesn't always imply bodyfat. If you're ingesting fat and in fat burning, your body won't liberate fat stores when you have some digesting.

Or something.

So you can just fast and get a better result.

Carbs are the devil, certainly, but they're also delicious. Keto does make you feel good, but I would never be able to keep it up forever. Just until I hit my goal weight, then it's OMAD/20:4 without giving a shit about carbs, for the most part.

Yeah thats my plan. When I get lean I'll eat like a chink with rice and fish, burning the carbs with cardio. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat pastries or desserts again tho, it doesn't look appetising at all

>"budget" is 1963
is that your TDEE or TDEE -500?
Either way good work being rational on weekends and eating a bit over. So many people here, myself included, have the "all-or-nothing" mindset where it's constantly diet or constantly cheat.

I just weighed in at 240, down 30 from 270. Am I a retard for thinking I'm gonna make it some day? I just don't want to be /fat/ anymore brothers.

Attached: 1560449944229.jpg (563x651, 226K)

*tips bagel*

That's all good and well, the keto diet is high-fat for a reason, but you're still forcing your body to use fat stores due to a lack of glycogen when it does come to needing those fuel reserves. This is why that other user is a faggot, now and forever.

Ayy, pretty much same here, user.
Started around 285 at the start of the year and I just dipped under 240.
We will make it, certainly.

Attached: 1439511945614.png (395x341, 219K)

As long as you don't give up and keep going you're going to make it.

You might have to work a little harder as you lose weight to keep the pace up if you don't have the patience.

I hate working at a place where vendors come in ever single day with trash food. All their breakfast tacos are delicious but 600+ Cal's each and mostly potato and egg. Sometimes I scoop out the insides and just eat that with no tortilla. And they bring in donuts constantly but I haven't been tempted by those.

The worst is when they bring in chickn minus from chick fil a. My will power can only do so much.

This thread has done nothing but convince me that keto+fasting/intermittent fasting is the way to go for fat loss. If you're overweight, all you need to do is literally stop eating and drink water with some electrolytes added in occasionally.

Attached: Cole-square.jpg (450x450, 25K)

Guys, I'm genuinely afraid of changing my diet. Idk what I'll do or what will happen once I actually start buying and making this diet food and applying it to my exercises.

I'll feel like a totally different person. A person I don't recognize. Trying not to make this all feel like some chore or punishment, but it's still hard trying to enjoy it.

I guess I just have to keep going. This is outside my comfort zone so I'm supposed to be in the dark and scared. Wish me luck bros

/fast/ is an absolute meme and doesn't teach good food habits. The entire thread is neckbeards looking for a magical solution out of obesity. They fast for 2 days, lose 10lbs of waterweight, think it's a fucking miracle, overeat, fast again, and yoyo for months.

Oh boy are you trolling at this point or seriously

I haven't spent much time on /fast/, but fasting in general is certainly not a meme. Intermittent fasting has helped me lose 50lbs this year so far, and I recently started experimenting with actual fasting, which has been fruitful in multiple ways.

Lmao...no one is saying you can't gain weight while doing keto and the fact that you even felt the need to make that point is ponderous. It's really fucking simple: your body wants to use glycogen for energy first. If you have no glycogen, it will use fat reserves in situations where it would otherwise be using glycogen. For this reason, ketosis promotes better body fat loss. This is the basic hierarchy of how your body wants to use energy.

Got an appendectomy last year, right before university exam month. Couldn't go to the gym for the next six months, spent weeks inside during January writing papers. Rapidly gained weight(~8 kilos)and got stretch marks.
Now I'm back at the farm for the summer, doing physical work everyday, as well as swimming.
Stretch marks fading, belly getting smaller.

Feels good man.

Redpill me on this vs myfitnesspal

Is 250g chicken, 1 medium potato and some broccoli okay for a meal?
I add some olive oil.

>hear /ck/ is a bunch of fatties
>go check it out on a whim, maybe they have good recipes
>one of the top threads is about their surgeries
>"huh, maybe they're getting bariatric surgery or something"
>thread is 85 unique posters comparing their 'bags'
>their anuses are so destroyed that they get their lower intestine rerouted to exit from their chest, with anuses is surgically closed, so they shit from their chests into a bag strapped to themselves
9/10 will probably browse again

Attached: 1489187483204.jpg (680x704, 84K)

had a rough year and am now about 40-50 pounds overweight right now, never been to the gym or anything but gonna try and turn things around

what would be the optimal path to get in shape? lose weight then lift weights and stuff or lift weights whilst fasting? sorry if this is a retarded question i'm totally new

pls

i miss al/ck/

> ketosis promotes better body fat loss
Thanks for the source :)

Also are you implying that your body rather uses a more difficult process in obtaining energy through consuming the likes of muscle mass than fatcells? Are you honestly this delusional? When some random blogger uses these buzzwords as ketosis (a metabolic state) is specifically defined to be only applied to a KETO diet, whilst it just means your insuline levels are dropping, which is not something unique to following a KETO diet, since it is actually caused by eating at a DEFICIT.

Source regarding my statement:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677812/
"Large adipocytes lead to lipid deposition in visceral and hepatic tissues, promoting insulin resistance.
Calorie restriction by diet alone or with exercise reverses this trend."

Lets say you are right, your body want to use glycogen for energy first before hitting the fat reserves. When eating at a DEFICIT you will deplenish the glycogen reserves thus your body will consume your fat reserves because YOU ARE EATING AT A DEFICIT thus EATING LESS WHAT THAN WHAT YOU BURN, THUS YOUR GLYCOGEN RESERVES ARE EMPTY, THUS YOUR BODY IS USING FAT RESERVES. I wonder whether you understand what the definition of "Deficit" actually means.

Even if it was possible that you would consume 2kcal of pure glycogen while your TDEE is 2.1kcal. You would still lose the same amount of fat when consuming 2kcal of pure carbs if your TDEE is 2.1kcal.

Glycogen can't devy thermodynamics.

>Also are you implying that your body rather uses a more difficult process in obtaining energy through consuming the likes of muscle mass than fatcells?
I never even came CLOSE to implying this, you disingenuous faggot.

You could easily google this shit for yourself and find literally dozens upon dozens of articles confirming exactly what I'm talking about:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-weight/diet-reviews/ketogenic-diet/

Dense faggot.
Ketosis helps promote fat loss.
End of story, nigger. You're wrong. I'm right.

>Ketosis
Ofcourse it helps fat loss

Just as lowered levels of insuline through calorie restriction helps fat loss, which is one and the same. :)

You're ignoring the plethora of research that is freely available for you to see, and you're also forgetting one important distinction between the two: the actual diet. A calorie restricted diet with carbohydrates is going to be different than calorie restricted keto diet. Unless your argument is actually shaping up to be "W-W-WELL THEY'RE BOTH KETOSIS," which wouldn't at all be surprising to see from you at this point.

You couldn't even concede that your body prioritizes sugars for energy, and I'm expected to take you seriously at this point? You're just blatantly ignoring easily verifiable information out of pure stubbornness. And because you might actually be this retarded, I have to clarify that I'm not saying a restricted calorie diet alone won't promote body fat loss, just that ketosis has obvious benefits to it (that you're free to research for yourself at any time, after you've taken your thumb out of your ass).

its my TDEE -500-700 or something like that

> ketosis

I am implying that the beneficial factor doesn't come from ketosis itself but rather the calorie restriction as it is impossible as you have mentioned before to be able to burn fat as you have left over glycogen levels. :)

And deplenished glycogen levels can only occur on a deficit :)

Even if you think by not simply not consuming any carbs or sugars you will activate fat loss while still eating over your TDEE.
Your body will turn to proteins and various other minerals and sources and turn them into fat, which will be stored into bodyfat :)))

> You couldn't even concede that your body prioritizes sugars for energy

I agree that your body prioritizes sugar for energy, since it is the easiest source for your body to obtain energy from.

Even if you think by simply not consuming any carbs or sugars you will activate fat loss while still eating over your TDEE.
Your body will turn to proteins and various other minerals and sources and turn them into fat, which will be stored into bodyfat :))) -edited

you dont need to learn mexican to bang the cleaning lady, learn a useful language

>week 2 of c25k
>dizzy as fuck after the monday run
>finished, felt sapped but good
>brother "randomly" brings home milkshakes and pizza for dinner
i'll never make it

The research and information is easily available for your, but you still somehow manage to be arrogant enough to think you know better. That's the best part about this. You have repeatedly proven yourself to be very nearly inept, but yet you keep trusting in yourself as if you somehow have it figured out and all the research is wrong.

And hey stupid, I have LITERALLY NOT ONCE ever tried to argue that you can create fat loss while eating over your TDEE. LITERALLY NOT ONCE, you absolute fucking moron. How stupid do you have to be to actually think this was ever a point I was making?

Good god, you wet brained faggot, end your useless life.

Insulin prevents lipolysis.

A carb heavy calorie restricted diet causes metabolic slowdown because your body cannot use stored fat for energy.