/fast/ #457 - Clear skin edition

What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.
discord.gg/qqtQFDQ

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: Fasting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

this is the community discord: discord.gg/qqtQFDQ
its SFW

Prolonged fast FAQ: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Last Thread:

Attached: download.jpg (795x960, 455K)

Starting a water fast myself soon, first time doing it. What's the minimum/suggested amount of time to fast for?

2 days however you've gotta know that the first 48 hours are usually the hardest

Question. Why is dry fasting even a thing? I thought that water has no calories and only benefits in keeping you hydrated and since dehydration is a bitch I don't see it's benefits.

Try googling it

Can i excersize/lift/sprint/etc. during a water diet?

red pill me on water weight

t.doesn't have the answer

Its doable and burns fat nicely but if it's an extended fast it will kill gains
If you really need to shed pounds go for it, otherwise just do IF or 24/48hr fasts with cardio included

you lose little to no muscles on a fast given that you keep lifting

from what I've gathered, greater autophagy/healing benefits. clears your body out better than wet fasting?

oh, also more fat loss as well.

going for a 90~ hour fast.
done a few 72s, along with lots of intermittent fasting over these fast few months. unfortunately, I'm less than 10 hours in and I'm already hungry. for some stupid reason, I was browsing /ck/ this morning and it fucked me.

I want egg drop soup ;_;

retard alert

he's not completely wrong.
sure, there will be some muscle loss, but it is true that fasting is better at preserving it than a traditional cut that could last weeks or months.

Sup, fuckers. Finally broke the 78/77kg line.

Next stop, 77/76kg.

Attached: harambe.jpg (1100x1000, 206K)

>I was browsing /ck/
Kek. I do this all the time while fasting. Sometimes it actually makes it easier seeing the slop anons cook and imagining how fat they must be.

are you are manlet or do you want go full auschwitz mode? congrats anyway

In theory body will break more fat cells to get the H2O it needs compared to standard water fast

SELL!

Attached: 8d51p.jpg (480x242, 23K)

Convinced my fat fuck coworker to not go under the knife for bariatric surgery on Friday. He weighs 465lbs. I shit you not we had to weigh him on the freight scale on the dock.

>"b-b-b-but I've tried everything"
No you haven't. Have you just tried not fucking eating?
>"n-n-no. Thats not good for you"
And how the fuck do you think they're going to shrink your massively oversized liver before the surgery? They're going to put you on a starvation level diet.
>"....."
So. We'll starve you. Then you can eat whatever you want that isn't processed and however much you want. If you want to eat a 2lb roast in one sitting, fine I don't give a flying fuck. Then we'll starve you again. And again. And again.

He said he couldn't resist temptation. So now I have a fat fuck room mate destroying my guest room mattress.

Does high protein OMAD during workout days and water fast during rest days seems like a good idea to cut down fat?

So I've been fasting on and off for the past few weeks and my weight is going fucking crazy

I was 16st 10lbs when starting, weighed myself friday and I was 15st 13lbs

Weighed myself this morning and now I am 16st 4lbs

What the fuck is going on?

Was also told fasting is a waste of time in another thread, I hear so many contridciting things on here.

>What the fuck is going on?
Use real fucking measurements

>this is coming from an amerifat, so you know you're in the stoneage.

Been doing OMAD for three weeks. One unexpected side effect has been the chronic eczema in my T zone has completely disappeared. Feels good.

stone is just the next denomination of weight in imperial measurement after pounds retard.

Yeah. And its retarded.

How is it any more retarded than using imperial at all?

Just say pounds you dumb idiot, dont make us convert to pounds too

Pretty much how I eat every day im eating. But I do 2MAD on eating days usually.

I prefer Drm Benjamin Bikman's approach.
>Prioritize Protein
>Control Carbohydrates
>Fill with Fat

So I aim to get 1g/lb of protein. I restrict my carbohydrates to vegetables exclusively, no grain products or liquid dairy. And I don't give a fuck about fat.

I don't count calories, just protein. And I eat until I'm full.

Then I just fast to control my body fat.

just use kg dumbo, don't make us convert to lbs

Weight can fluctuate pretty rapidly.
Even when weighing myself multiple times within 24 hours, I've seen fluctuations of 3-4lbs.

Fasting is most definitely not a waste of time, it just requires that you adopt good habits along with it. If you fast 3 days a week and eat like shit the other 4 then you aren't doing yourself much good, really.

>how is it more retarded?

Let me show you:
16*14+10
15*14+13
16*14+4

Did a 3 day fast last week. Now im 2 days into a hopefully 4 days fast. Its easier this week than it was last week for some reason, last week the hunger was unbearable it felt like 3 days lasted 3 weeks i was so focused on the clock and counting down until i could eat, but this week it seems much easier to forget about and put into the background of my mind.

On a side note does anyone else have really smooth skin during a fast? Iv never felt my skin on my face be this smooth and soft before.

had a rough year and am now about 40-50 pounds overweight right now, never been to the gym or anything but gonna try and turn things around

what would be the optimal path to get in shape? lose weight then lift weights and stuff or lift weights whilst fasting? sorry if this is a retarded question i'm totally new

>information on dry fasting are very contradictory
How should I start dry fasting? Is incorporating a dry day during a water fast doable and will bring benefits? Like third day of a 4 days fast is dry.

Any mandatory supplements /fast/ can reccomend?

Right now I make sure to get electrolytes, magnesium, zinc, and BCAA. This is on top of my usual (creatine, l-argenine, beta alanine)

>BCAA

You mean Branch Chain AMINO ACIDS?

Famalam, i hate to break it to you, but you're completely shutting down autophagy. Sure you're going to lose weight like crazy, but you're missing out on a wonderful benefit to starvation.

Body being kicked in more of a survival status where it starts to rapidly burn reserves as fuel. I have never tried it myself, but supposedly it just speeds up all the regular fasting processes.

>So I've been fasting on and off for the past few weeks
More data needed, what the fuck do you even mean by saying this? How long were the fasts, how much did you eat in the mean time. Be at least slightly specific

Stop using stones as a measurements, it's retarded and confuses Americans and Europeans alike.

Vitamins and minerals are okay but not bcaa. Your body will scavenge old or damaged cells for protein if it needs it, thats one of the benefits of fasting to clean up any old shit thats laying around potentially causing problems including tumours which are essentially a collection of damaged cells.

/fast/ how do you cope with feeling weird while fasting? I dont know how to explain it really

Also after finishing a 2 day fast with what food should I refill and can I start another fast in the next day after refilling? I dont need multivitamins and shit right?

Attached: 1540676497199.png (1156x862, 639K)

can i stack clen and test

due to me being a retard my bank account got locked for a few days so i guess i'm stuck /fast/ing until then

I have been doing 16 hour fasts 5 days of the week, a 24hr one day of the week and none on the weekends, I still don't eat shit though

(I did get drunk last week and get a mcdonalds though FUCK)

thanks user

16 hour fasts are not long enough to see the full benefits especially if you're eating carb heavy when youre not fasting, your body will just be feasting on stored glycogen and whatever protein is in your nitrogen pool instead of burning fat and entering autophagy to scavenge cells.

Damn

Well I guess eating less has helped as I have lost a bit of weight I'm about to finish a 24hr fast in 4 hours then have a meal.

I also just walked 3 miles, it fucking sucks having an office job it makes shit next to impossible