Cardio

If you do cardio to burn calories, Then why eat them in the first place?

Attached: 60561ED9-B2EC-498B-882C-A4794AA23604.jpg (299x168, 14K)

because you can't burn nutrients

Huh. You've got me stumped, OP.

I was just thinking this through.. if running 1mile/day burns 1lb of fat/month, then to burn 10lbs of fat in one month, I'd have to run 10 miles a day.

But you're saying that I could save myself the trouble of running, and just skip on 1200 calories a day for a month, and I'll see the same results.

Yes, and you'll feel just as you did before.
Or you can just run and have significantly better endurance and cardiovascular health, while at the same time eating more food which gives you more nutrients..

Good amount of nootrients and calories are necessary to create fit bodies. Without them you'll just stay skelly

Because people like to eat for comfort rather than merely for energy.
Not me, I run to compensate for smoking so my lungs can handle more than 3 sets of 5 in the gym, but I think I can speak for the simple minded calorie burner.

Cardio makes your metabolism and your protein turnover rate faster. => More gainz

Cardio for calories is foolish. Do cardio for general health and having more energy and endurance day to day.

I do cardio to do more intense cardio

because i can eat socially on the weekend if i run 5x a week and eat like an autist mon-fri

The running option sounds like a better course of action. I think I'll stick with that. I'm just starting, so I am only doing a mile/day, but hopefully I can work up to 3 or 4. I skip dinners while trying to take in my 2k calories. Just started picking up weights as well. Hopeful to see some improvements over the next few months.

>1200 calories a day for a month, and I'll see the same results.
>implying you burn 1200 calories in a run
>implying would lose only 10lbs in a 1200calorie per day deficit over a month
cringepilled

I don't know anything. I'm just looking at the treadmill display and it says 120 to 140 calories for a one mile run. If I do (10) 1 mile runs, shouldn't it be around 1200 calories?

If it takes 35

3500 calories to burn 1lb of fat. 10lbs needs 35,000. 1200 calories, either starved or run, for 1 month (30 days) comes to 36,000 Cal. What's the issue?

Based and redpilled.

Cardio really is mostly useful for weight maintenance, not weight loss. If you're really fat it's because you eat hundreds to thousands more calories than you need every day. Trying to correct this by cardio alone is dumb.

Instead lift and cut calories

If you're fat and out if shape you won't be able to burn that many calories from cardio without wanting to kill yourself. Then you'll be even more hungry from the cardio.

Obviously cardio is good for cardiovascular and general health though

micronutrients

good digits, good post.
I honnestly can't take people that only do non-competitive cardio only. Its not even for the heart and lungs, it's a coping mechanism for all the shit they stuff in their mouths

Nobody does cardio strictly to burn calories aside from maybe blonde bimbo cardiobunnies. They do it for cardiovascular improvement.

>cardio, from the greek word kardia, meaning heart
>the heart is a muscular organ
>muscles strengthen after exercising

Put the pieces together user.

Cardio causes a noticeable improvement in your metabolism, as it literally causes your body to produce more mitochondria.
Cardio is also good for your overall health.

Cardio actually makes me less hungry

protein, vitamins, and minerals brah. Your body comes out with a net gain of nutrients.

that's why eating "empty" nutritionless calories is fucking retarded unless you're specifically trying to bulk.

Well you're abnormal

You're an exception then
Because cardio serves a function beyond just burning calories. Strengthening your cardiovascular system, that is. Hence the name. It's better to eat 500 more calories and burn them off with cardio than it is to just eat at maintenance

This is the only appropriate response. Well done user

I'm assuming that if you're associating cardio with calories then you're probably interested in LOSING BODY FAT. Eating, however, is stimulated by hormones such as insulin and cortisol and can easily be classified as a mental addiction if you get accustomed to a certain amount of calories to feel "full" by these hormones. So to conclude, if you are not in control of your hunger and let food control your life (constantly thinking about food/eating before you're hungry because you think you need food for energy/planning food all the time/eating to socialize/etc) then doing cardio will merely frustrate you in attempts to lose weight.
Additionally, the only 2 diets or lifestyle changes I have seen that have the most success for carnivores is IF and Keto. The idea in these 2 share a commonality of reducing insulin levels. Notice here I did not mention calories. It's always good to count calories so you know you're not overeating but once you start fasting, your appetite should go down and your perception of food should not be as obsessive since you're limiting your eating to a specific time of your choosing... (from my experience).