Is there any reason to use a belt if you just want to get a few years of strength gains before moving on...

Is there any reason to use a belt if you just want to get a few years of strength gains before moving on? Not looking to bloatmax or compete, just want to get strong and look decent.

Attached: 8158U35pA0L._SX466_[1].jpg (466x466, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You clearly don’t understand the point of a lifting belt so don’t get one

What in the fuck are you even talking about? You're going to get a few years of training in and just stop? WHAT?

What do you think a belt is for? What in the fucking hell does it have to do with your bullshit "couple years" nonsense? WHAT IS THIS SHIT?

A belt is a cope for people with weak abs and lower back. Just train abs and lower back once a week and you'll never need a belt.

I don't use a belt but how does one train his lower back?

Hyper extensions, reverse hyperextensions mostly, and add occasional planks and you'll be good

good to know

Post lifts.

Don’t listen to these neckbeards that think your gains disappear if you quit lifting.

Yes you should buy a lifting belt.
In order to get the most from the gym in a short amount of time you will need:
>leather Weight belt
>lifting gloves
>weight straps
>knee wraps
>elbow wraps
>head harness for neck unless you find a 1% of gyms that have one
>several pairs of basketball shorts unless you have your own washer, then just 2 pair will do
>preworkout mix with caffeine
>interworkout mix with BCAA’s and citrulline
>post workout shake of whey protein isolate
>before bed mix with arginine to maximize hgh during sleep
>consider lifting shoes unless you want to avoid squats and just do leg Press
>#1 you need a gym membership

220kg deadlift conventional, 150kg pause bench, 190kg back squat, 150kg front squat
Never wore a belt, you don't need one.

A belt = cope and shows you that you have a weak lower back and abs

Not evenyone wants to be a bloatlord with joint injuries.

I don't mean quit lifting completely, I mean I don't want to be running strength programs where I put 5lbs on my squat once every 3 months. I'd rather just maintain that current level of strength doing safe amounts of weight and work on other aspects of physical health and conditioning like running fitness, flexibility, combat sports, etc.

Nice! 220kg was my opener last weekend. You'll get up there soon. Your bench is way ahead of your squat and diddly tho. Maybe you should consider using a belt to help you learn to brace better

Attached: MMH_0070.jpg (350x263, 39K)

Maybe you should get rid of the belt so you can see what you can actually lift ;-)

I don't take advice from people who "pull for pride"

>tfw faggots have ruined rainbows forever

The state of Jow Forums

> he doesn’t have a lifting bag he carries around the gym
I do this. In my bag I have:
> Headphones
> Phone charger
> Lifting Shoes
> Foam Roller
> Elastic Bands
> Knee Sleeve
> Mixer Bottle
> Preworkout
> Protein bars
> Gatorade powder
> Water bottle
> Microplates
> Belt
> Chalk
> Straps
> Lifting log
I unironically think the above items are base requirements for any remotely serious lifter.

ITT: Read this

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/

Basically wear belt, which will enable you to do more reps which will translate to more gains. That's simply untrue, belt doesn't make your abs and lower back weak as studies prove. Getting your belted max will also push your beltless max up.

>no towel
disgusting

Yes, belts allow for more core activation and neuromuscular effeciency.

>bragging about a 220kg deadlift conventional, 150kg pause bench, 190kg back squat, 150kg front squat

Whew lad. I've done beltless work for reps with greater numbers and I use a belt normally. Your numbers are pretty mediocre aside from the bench.

Attached: Lc101um.png (667x670, 386K)

Yes. Once you start lifting heavy,the belt will help you break plateaus & help you increase your numbers. Do NOT use your belt during warmups. Wait until you're lifting at least 2pl8s before using a belt, preferably way longer if you're normal sized.

No wonder you don't use a belt you are not lifting heavy enough to need it so far.

Only above 90% of 1rm

You're all fucking idiots. If you have an injury that necessitates it, you wear a belt. If you don't, you don't. Why is this complicated?

This is also bad advice. The reason you may have that injury is because of compensation. You have to learn how to brace first off, then you can focus on strengthening your core/brace. If you just use the belt because you got "hurt" it will not fix the issue.

A belt a helps you lift more weight by helping reduce the energy loss in your midsection. It doesn’t lift the weight for you but I helps you be more efficient.