Is keto a meme or does it really work?

Is keto a meme or does it really work?
I'm currently 6'4" 290 lbs and I desperately need to start losing weight but not sure where to start. I thought about Fierce 5, SL 5x5 and Shortcut to Shred but the choices are overwhelming and I think keto could do me a bit of good as I've had success in my younger low-carb chad days.

Attached: disgusting2.png (1040x1172, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well my coworker did keto for the last six months on and off, now she has to get her gallbladder removed and can’t eat fatty foods. the doctors said it was caused by her diet.

It worked for me, went from 210 in the beginning of last September to 170 by middle or end of December, but I also stacked it with one meal a day. I lost a lot of stubborn fat though, like an entire teenage hood of bodily neglect vanished. Lifting has become easier since then, and I can eat more without getting fat

>I desperately need to lose weight but not sure where to start.

Have you tried eating less?

Yeah it works, seems to be the natural state of life for most if not all animals. All ruminants and carnivores run on fat

What you mean “stacked”?

Did you just did OMAD?

Im one month into keto, im down about 30 lbs, im 6 feet, started at 250 lbs

As in, I did OMAD as well as eating under 40ish g of carbs to stay in ketosis. It allowed me to be able to have a few carbs at dinner but still shed all my fat. After the first few days I rarely felt hungry and this is coming from a former foodie

what's your workout regimen?

Also
You have to make sure to eat at least 90 percent healthy food. Like salmon, chicken breast, a lot of green veggies, etc. Ketosis definitely feels different and I wouldn't doubt if it fucked up your body like that user's coworker if you only maintained it by eating shitty
Interestingly enough, even though after December I started eating big and doing SL 5x5 my appetite is still reduced to what it used to be. I honestly believe that those months of keto and OMAD fixed the havoc I wreaked on my body in my teen and college years, those months really got me in the habit of eating well. I feel so much more like crap if I eat crap these days, I don't even like having a mcdouble after deadlift day

>>cows do keto
tell me more please.

Compared to what it used to be*

Nice anecdote fag, very happy you've contributed to the discussion

went from 310>265 doing keto and omad, keto flu is real and not having carbs makes you hate life.

My advice is to read a TON about it before diving in, because odds are if you half-ass it the initial carb cravings are going to cause you to relapse super hard (speaking from experience). Also find something to motivate you (blind rage toward the opposite sex/yourself is usually a pretty good one)

Attached: yoked riker.png (613x754, 512K)

Newfag so idk proper terminology but i start by alternating cable tricep pulldowns and bicep curls, then use the same cable machine to do upper, mid, and lower chest, then i go to the dumbell area, i do one arm rows, followed by arnold press, then before heading out, i do some ab work, been doin pretty much just that for a literal month, only had two rest days

Calories still matter. Keto helps you control your calorie intake but if you eat several lbs of bacon and wash it down with a quart of heavy cream, you're still going to gain weight.

CICO

But keto will make you feel different. Like absolute even energy level throughout the day. You also lose water weight, so you seem like it burns fat better.

>36 carbs
>keto
you're fucking pathetic.

Attached: 1556431676231.jpg (645x773, 36K)

Keto flu is because your micronutrients were not fulfilled. You need to supplement what you are not getting. Specifically potassium, magnesium, zinc, Omega 3.

find a real routine that hits each muscle group twice a week and stop wasting your time with your made up bs
learn what "progressive overload" is

I should also mention when i say keto, mean like,

Got any you could recommend?

ivysaur beginner

Went from 355 to 300 on keto, then I had to add in calorie counting to get from 300 to 250. Unfortunately I got weak and gained back up to 280 but I'm gonna get back down there.

Being able to enjoy rich fatty foods is nice, but you absolutely can't half-ass keto. Sneaking in some carbs is going to one, screw up the diet and two, make you insanely hungry. 20g is the limit (not counting fiber).

Keto flu is real too, but if you eat at maintenance calories while you adjust it'll help.

Not who you were talking to but this one is incredibly easy and really works: newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

>but not sure where to start
read the sticky

>t. lying vegan shill
Anecdotes like this are always shills.

Gallbladder problems are caused by a high carb diet, not a high fat diet.

The cows stomach coverts grass to fatty acids.

Keto does burn more calories through mitochondrial uncoupling.

It literally doesn't fucking matter. SS, SL 5x5, Greyskull, Ice Cream Fitness, Reg Park's, Ivysaur, Starting Aesthetics are essentially all the same shit. It's the same half dozen compound movements for 3-5 sets of 4-6 reps, done 3-4 times per week. Pick one and fucking do it. Add some curls and tricep pressdowns.

Attached: REP RANGE STUDY.jpg (877x727, 118K)

Keto is okay. A fasting focused lifestyle along with keto refeed is great too.
Still losing weight is just down to eating less and moving more.

EAT LESS YOU FAT FAGGOT
EAT LESS YOU FAT FAGGOT
EAT LESS YOU FAT FAGGOT
EVERY DAY FAT FAGGOTS LIKE YOU SHIT UP THE BOARD WITH THE SAME GOD DAMN QUESTION DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY
DOIIII HOW LOSE WEIGHT EASY???????
EAT LESS YOU FAT FAGGOT

Was 360+ lbs in oktober, 285 today just doing keto and IF, keto flu lasts just a couple of days and once you get used to that its just not falling for the carb cravings.

Definately the best choice I've made OP, imagine the energy levels of a fit male inside a fat obese body, that's literally what it is for me.

Food variation can be cancer and get boring real fast but thats the price you pay, other than thats its pretty comfy.

Attached: QONVIyz.gif (331x197, 1.91M)

Where did you get 36 carbs?

fast: 4-6hr eating window.
compound lifts 4x per week.
cardio 3x per week.
never workout to the point where u think u wont be able to do it again the next day.

homecook all of ur meals. meal prep healthy food.
zero processed food.
only drink water/coffee/tea no sugar added. nothing else.

if you do this and dont lose weight u should kill yourself.

>heavy cream doesn't have lactose

Its unironically a trick to get retards to eat at a caloric deficit.

100% factually correct.

There's science for keto, not that you bots have the programing to interpret it.

Attached: NPC-header-1-640x480.jpg (640x480, 33K)

This is bull shit, women constantly get gall bladder issues from processed snack foods and soda. Not even a fan of keto, but go shill on fb normie

Refer back to Don't get into analysis paralysis hunting for an optimal program, just find one that looks good and try it for two weeks. If it's great, stick to it, if you don't like it try one of the slightly different routines

A keto diet does burn more fat, as the body starts using it as it's main source of energy.

However, it should not be a permanent regimen, but more of a "Keto Run", where you do a strict keto diet for 7-14 days and then go back to eating your isocaloric diet with carbs.

You will lose fat during the "run" at the expense of losing a little bit of strength and being in a perpetual menopause-like mood. But if you want to continue to make gainz, you NEED your carbs. People who don't eat carbs are either epileptic or twinks.

I do keto 1-2 times a year during a deload week when I want to remove some excess fat and I fucking hate it

Check out the book "Better than Steroids" for a more detailed explanation

>REEEEEE CARBYS MAKE MY TUMMY TUMS RUMBLY RUMS GIB PIGGY PIG STWIPS N MILKY CREAMYS

Yes it works but I absolutely hated doing it. Eating tons of fats just isn't for me.

6'4 here too. started 2 years ago at 304 lbs. 204 lbs now. goal weight is around 185-190.

Forget weight lifting while losing weight. lose it first with keto+if and then hit the gym hard to gain muscle.

The people that insist its not keto if you eat

I have lost 30 kilograms of fat and gained muscle while eating rice and meat every single day
eat shit ketard

make sure you get plenty of magnesium when starting, it can lessen the keto flu symptoms(it helped me and a couple of friends). Also stay hydrated

You're Black?

White people definitely evolved to eat no carbs most of the year.