How are you supposed to go to the gym without feeling insecure...

how are you supposed to go to the gym without feeling insecure? like all these buff dudebro alphachads whove been there for years doing their business and youre a skinny fat incel just getting started and cant even bench the f*cking bar. how are you even supposed to get started?

Attached: 1548376911566.jpg (331x331, 52K)

You're not. You go anyways. That's how you improve.

Literally nobody cares, stop being a pussy and just go

99% of people won’t give a fuck as long as you’re not doing some weird shit. The 1% of people who judge you aren’t worth your time so don’t worry about them.

the shame of being constantly mogged should fuel your workouts. you could lift only the bar, but if people see you busting your ass struggling, they'd at least have some respect for you.

Noob gains will allow you to make progression fast

This, if you do a decent program you will start mogging most people in the gym within 6 months anyways

Quit being a whinny pussy and fucking go work out

i always thought theyd have contempt if i struggled, like i was embarrassing them or something

I come to the gym with this face and mentality all the time
Go fucking lift

Attached: you are already banned.jpg (640x480, 37K)

You're a dyel, you will only be contemptible if I see you come in the gym for a year and you're still a dyel at the end of the year

Just go. You get over this shit really quickly even if you are a mega autist.

the key is dedication. show up on schedule and do your work outs fully. you will gain respect fast if people see you are actually trying to seriously improve yourself.

Watch out user if you fail a set you'll have to suck off those big buff gymhunks as a punishment.

Attached: diamon_foreplay.png (285x313, 165K)

I’m the tallest person at my gym so it’s never been a problem.

>guy doing 1pl8 on the bench
>take the one next to him
>he starts grunting really loudly and dropping his weights
>finish my sets head to the squat rack for some curls
>he stops
>mfw

Attached: 1490960736378.png (525x809, 664K)

how much time a day and days a week do i need to work out? and after how much time of doing this do i get Jow Forums? im an 18 year old summerfag if that means anything

1 hour workouts 3 days a week if you do a beginner barbell routine (which is the fastest way to get bigger/stronger).

OP when I see fags like you at the gym I just wanna encourage you and tell you to do your best. Keep at it.

You make it a habit, just like you brush your teeth.

I started going to the gym when I weighed 140lbs. I weigh 182lbs now and made progress over a year and a half. Even if you feel like you're not making incremental progress in weightlifting any exercise you do is good enough to stimulate your muscles. Just progress and don't give a shit.

Don't ever be insecure and be confident.

jus bee urself. There you go, you've managed to succeed in every single aspect of life without even trying.

people respect the struggle more than the results
Peole in gyms have a good opinion of fatties/skellies for at least having taken the first step
As long as you behave you'll be fine

We all started weak. Just because we’re further along our journey doesn’t make yours any less meaningful. A true chad will understand this. Observe and learn. Ask for spots and advice.
The only ones who will attack you for it are the ones who aren’t happy with their own progress.

Don't get in people's way (like the thot at my gym who stood in front of a squat rack and did some shadowboxing with awful form and didn't even touch the bar), if you do this nobody will look twice at you. As for the actual feeling of insecurity, that goes away once you settle into a routine and get confident at the exercises you're doing.

You don't. One deserve to feel insecure until his gains overshadow it. it's natural and there's no way around it.

I feel that man, but you gotta stop being a little bitch. Yesterday I went to the gym at a busy time for the first time in forever, and although I still look like shit I noticed that, as long as you don't get in the way, nobody's gonna give a shit.

The only one who cares about what you look like is you. If you keep going and make progress, you might actually be complimented by some staff members for your dedication.

So go already you skinny fat fuck. Get that weigh-in moment, have that gym trainer set up a schedule for you. If i'm a fat cunt and I can do it, so can you.

Gym I go to is a good mix of steroid abusers, dudebros, boomers and dyel's. Honestly nobody really even looks at you unless you're doing something like a fucking idiot (dogpoo stance deadlifts etc). Everyone started somewhere man, just walking through the door and picking up some weights gets you more respect than someone who goes to the chipshop and gets a burger that evening.

If you never struggle, you aren't using enough weight to challenge yourself.

Attached: 1558543183896.png (1280x1354, 1.99M)

>all these buff dudebro alphachads
Just remind yourself they probably watch GOT and don't even into 3rd wave ska.

Everyone started somewhere. Just kill your ego and do it.

just do it

>be me
>benching shitty 1pl8
>shit rack makes it hard to unrack weight
>I need a spot
>full autismo mode engaged
>spend some solid 7 minutes trying to gain courage and ask someone for a spot
>suddenly look at qt doing goblet squats besides me
>she was fat but was blessed with a great fat composition plus was using a waist trained
>translation, she had big tits
>turbo autismo activated
>say fuck it and ask her for help
>"hey can I get a spot"
>she's reluctant at first but somehow I convince her
>get test boost from her big milkers hanging from above
>lift the barbell up
>suddenly she leaves
>oh well, I only need help un racking the barbell
>start hitting thos FAHVE REPS
>4th rep, struggling but I can finish those 5
>suddenly girl comes over and tries to rack my weight thinking I might fail
>bitch what the fuck
>politely tell her that I can finish my set
>finish my set

woman are stupid user

fpbp

>get test boost from her big milkers hanging from above
>woman are stupid user
be glad you got to enjoy that view, virgin

if you don't work out you'll never improve and you'll keep being a skinny fat incel.

all those buff dudebros started out weak like you, but they put in the time and effort to get buff rather than give up and complain on a mongolian barbecue enthusiast's fitness forum.

I started out unable to bench the bar, I reached lmao1p8 the other day. You just have to suck it up and start doing it.

OP you just have to ignore your insecurity, that’s all you can do. I was literally in your shoes last monday, my first time going to the gym.

t. basedboy

The thing is, 90% of the people at the gym are nice and will be glad to help you out. They where newbs like your self and all they will think is "i hope that guy makes it"

I’m not advocating you do what I did. Just know that this helped me.

I couldn’t even try out the free weights for the first month of my gym membership. I was so afraid of doing it wrong or looking stupid that I avoided it altogether. One day one of the PTs offered me 2 free training sessions (turned into 3) and he seriously helped me get over it. I was thinking I’d milk him for the free sessions and bounce but we’ve been training together ever since. Now I’m so comfortable. It’s like a second home.

Zero money solution could be having a gym partner? I just think having another person with you relieves tension.

Attached: 82B1C0BE-582B-4B87-9684-64AEAB7A5A18.png (960x960, 574K)

holy shit i don't think i've ever read a post so relateable on Jow Forums
answer: go buy a bar and dumbbells and just do vertical presses bicep curls and pushups/squats/deadlifts
that's what i do because i hate leaving the house and seeing other people it's the same reason i don't do any cardio

Attached: sad red anon.jpg (567x790, 100K)

Go beyond insecurity
Go to the gym after a little weed and your only focus will be the movement of your body during the exercises
You can do this user

Attached: Mina (2).png (438x1308, 127K)

I look like a crazy hobo so no one even looks at me out of fear I'll stab them and take their shoes.

It's easy when you're taller than all the beans who go to my gym.

Stop thinking of yourself as an “incel”, defining yourself by your shortcomings is stupid, especially if its something temporary, that you can change. Anyways, just go to the gym man, people really don’t care that much about what you do. Your lifts will improve quickly, and much more embarrassing than lifting and being weak is to just be weak and sit at home all day accepting it. These anons are right
Pretty much this, add another 30mins or so of upper body accessories though

Attached: D5C1C252-0906-400A-923B-5BF926EDCD2E.jpg (1080x1350, 118K)

Some of us are secretly rooting for you to make it. We just don’t want to reveal our power levels by telling you that you’re gonna make it bro

We've all been there brother. At the end of the day, you need to bite the bullet and get in there. 99.9% of people working out, even the "alpha dudebros" are minding their own business lifting their weights. If you put headphones in, everyone will leave you the fuck alone. At worst, someone might tap you on the shoulder to give you some helpful tips, but other than that it's not as scary as it seems. It's like grocery shopping, everyone there is just concerned about buying their groceries, and maybe 1 in 100 people are autistic creeps who focus on what other people are buying. My biggest suggestion to not get stared at would be to have a legitimate routine and watch tutorials before starting. Don't be like me:

>First time ever stepping foot in a gym
>Took weeks to build up the confidence to even step in the door as a DYEL 120lb addicted gamer trying to make a lifestyle change.
>Check in, walk to weight room in sheer confusion
>Didn't look up instructions online, didn't plan anything, just wanted to go in and at least do SOMETHING just to get over the fear of being judged and stared at
>Walk to pec deck, whoever used it last had it on the really wide setting that you do when you sit on it in reverse and do rear delt flys.
>Obviously, I didn't realize this,
>Proceed to do pec fly's on the pec deck with a meme-worthy range of motion
>Literally letting my arms go as far back as humanly possible before squeezing them together again
>0 chest activation, probably tearing my shoulders to pieces by letting my arms flail so far back
>After 1 set some boomer walks up to me, lets me know i'm doing the exercise incorrectly and fixes the pins for me so the machine is in the pec fly range of motion, not the rear delt fly range of motion.
>I think I might have mumbled some sort of thanks at him, but it's likely that I just stood there basking in humiliation.
>As soon as he walked away and stopped looking in my direction, I stand up, do a 360 and walk DIRECTLY to my car and leave

>dude lmao nobody cares about you rofl nobody is paying attention to you lol like get over yourself!
he says while recording you on his cell phone to upload the beta freak's actions to youtube so you become an epic meme

Focus on your own improvement and stop paying attention to other people

When I see dyels lifting babby weights I don't think "wow, they're so weak", I think "wow, I've come so far". I imagine a lot of other people are similar

trust me OP it gets even worse once you realize you are lifting more/stronger than those dudebros but you look like shit compared to them because they're steroid junkies

he fell for the starting strength meme

Ez I go to one of two locations at the same chain gym.
Both are full of grills, fatties, DYELs etc so need to worry.
Both oddly have one HUGE fuckin guy one of whom told me I was going to make it, and the other offered me tips on my form and offered to train me all the next day (too bad I was only in town for the weekend, I wish I could have taken him up) but I didn't because it was mother's day, and the only thing more important than gains is the woman who cared for me my whole life.

I don't go to the gym, I lift weights and do pull-ups and push-ups EVERY.DAY.
I also walk 50 flights of stairs daily (resting at the 19th floor as I'm typing, going for my last round after I post)

Doing this is also an idea, it will be a daily routine, instead of killing and incapacitating myself twice a week, I do a tough workout every day, try both and see which you like better.

Remember it takes time, but you can be further than you'd ever expect in 1 month or so, it can be really fast progress if you try your best, make it routine so giving up feels weirder than just doing it.

That's also my final advice to you, stop thinking! Just start doing it and THEN decide if you want to do it ;) (you will)

Based and mompilled

This kind of
Don't get that stoned, just a bit high though

i was the same when i started maybe 2 month ago. it was embarrasing but i accepted that i was weak and going to get stronger, healthier and now i am a bit more so. first time i went in i was nervous and asked a guy where the squat rack was and he pointed me right way. at the rack i watched a guy squat and shot the shit with him for couple minutes and got some advice too.

next time i came in feeling less nervous and now i feel comfortable at gym.

take a program, learn how to perform lift properly, and stay consistent. dont worry if u miseat/sleep/skip a workout. 1 day doesnt hurt. sticky

Attached: darksouls.png (484x689, 672K)

Very easy. Just think of yourself as another person. If you picture yourself in the third person as someone else nearby, do you think the "you" in the third person would give a shit about the real you being an awkward faggot? No. The "you" would be seeing the real you as just one of dozens of people in the gym. Stop thinking the universe revolves around you.

Based Jow Forums stoners

Attached: tenor (1).gif (498x278, 2.66M)

> not astrally projecting
Ngmi

>taking gym time seriously when you are brand new
This is your first problem. You are supposed to fuck around to see what works and get used to the environment at first. Once you have a regiment down that works for you, then you start taking things seriously.

Weed is degenerate and dangerous.
You can focus on your movement with just a little concentration. Meditation does wonders. Don't listen to music, just think about the exercises, and meditate while you rest between sets.

>he doesn’t do a bro split
Literally lmfaoing at your life

>He doesn't do a split onto his bros spot-crotch
>Look at me I'm straight edge
Weed is the least degenerate of drugs.

Faggot

“Wahhhh why do the curl bros look better than me when all I do is compound lifts and drink milk”
Cringe and frumpypilled