Hobbies

What are some God-tier hobbies for robots?
Everyone knows Chad hobbies (Contact Sports or Combat Sports) or shit meme tier hobbies (like vidya)

What are cool semi-obscure hobbies like lock picking or home brewing?

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 7K)

Carpentry is a pretty good hobby that one can turn into a career if one gets good enough.

Electronics is a god-tier hobby.

>Chad
>Combat sports

Because everyone who does Karate gets laid.

You should start up an ant farm. Just imagine 30000 ants escaping an enclosure and crawling in your pants.

I like electronics but don't know what to do with them.

I can't decide if playing the theramin is robotic or hipster garbage?

Attached: WebLeonTheremin.jpg (1500x950, 184K)

>Because everyone who does Karate gets laid.
>Doing Karate in 2019

It's all MMA now lad. BJJ, boxing, wrestling, muay thai/ MMA Nobody does Karate anymore.

>being the only shitposter on this board from my whole country
I want to die

There are a tonne of youtube tutorials/introductory courses on video. Just buy a soldering iron and some basic stuff.

I already own the basic stuff and have a degree but I don't want to make random ass shit that I can't use. I don't know what to make besides random ass shit.

Most forms of Karate are not combat sport apart from Kyokoshin or Shotokan.
OP is talking about MMA and boxing, probably.

Everything /diy/ is good, they're practical skills that can help save money, make your family think of you less as a useless shit that does nothing, and can even lead to employment or self-employment. None of them require you to interact with other people much, if at all.

>I already own the basic stuff and have a degree
A degree in physics or electrical engineering?

Most artistic things are pretty robot friendly. Drawing/painting, playing an solo instrument, writing etc.

I myself like to play the guitar, not interested in being in a band but just playing by myself.

Dual degree Computer Engineering and Software Engineering. Took circuits, signals, microelectronics etc

Home automation, robotics? At one point I was working on a robotic lawn mower that would use a local positioning system to follow accurate paths instead of going around randomly, but hit a wall since I didn't have the time to learn enough electronics to make custom amps for ultrasound.

>Dual degree Computer Engineering and Software Engineering. Took circuits, signals, microelectronics etc
What is your job atm?

Get a speedcube and get good at it. i constantly use mine whenever im bored.

Attached: speedcube.jpg (247x296, 14K)

I live in a 2 bedroom apartment wtf do I automate.

Robotics is certainly an interesting hobby if you the money to afford the parts.

Make a custom roomba or something, I don't know.
Chinkshit is cheap, the parts for that mower were well under $100. If you get a $200 3D printer you can make all sorts of custom parts for a very low cost, too.

Programming for small software company

Not op but this sounds interesting. Is it expensive? What if they multiply too fast and theres too many for the enclosure

The best robot hobby is growing bonsai tree obviously.
>creative
>challenging
>long term
>calming

this is a very comfy idea OP should consider. maybe also bee keeping

Ants usually wont reproduce to the point where the enclosure is overpopulated. Even if that did happen, just underfeed them until a few die out.

blankump

Attached: apu cowboy.jpg (250x250, 9K)

I collect and read pulp magazines from the 30's-50's. The covers are incredibly beautiful and the stories are fun to read, and contain some of the most entertaining characters ever written like Doc Savage and The Shadow. They can be expensive if you want rare editions or ones that were written by authors who later became famous like Philip K Dick or Raymond Chandler, but most are like $5-$15 for good quality editions.

Attached: 1310503.jpg (600x806, 98K)

The lock picking hobby kind of died after they invented automatic lock pics.

>t. lock picker

and that is...?
pic rel

Attached: golf.png (709x462, 660K)

Sup r9k

no one is safe

Attached: IMG_2086.jpg (847x1130, 275K)

Learning balisong tricks is pretty useless but fun and cool looking. I'll sometimes just twirl one around absentmindedly while I'm sitting at my desk. On the off chance you ever have an opportunity to show someone, they're really easy to impress people with because even the most basic tricks look complicated to those unfamiliar with them

Attached: ButterflyKnifeOpenandClosed.jpg (525x394, 115K)