cardio kills gains

> cardio kills gains
Explain boxers then.

Attached: Canelo_Alvarez.jpg (3992x2662, 2.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kL3VzjcptBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They aren't very big user. They're mostly cut. The guy on the left is a shrimp

Professional boxers cut like crazy. Theres weight classes, and they shred every ounce of weight they need to to get into a lower one because it directly translates into higher chances of winning fights.
They usually are built at most, never huge, and even then its because they mostly do HIIT which is somewhere between strength training and cardio. Which makes your point mute.

Steroids

Explosive strenght.

Ever saw an Olympic lifter? Same shit but upperbody mostly.

this
if you think anyone on these levels is natty you're dumb

Unironically this

>mostly do HIIT
Clearly has never trained boxing in hes life.

guy on left is literally shrimp user

Attached: 025F6E0F-5D4F-4366-AAA2-721EF023C591.jpg (597x492, 308K)

a lot of boxers dont have the best physiques tho

I honestly don't believe any high level, professional athlete is not on steroids

Attached: 1263232606.jpg (350x345, 33K)

you mean Clenelo Alvarez and his infamous "mexican meat"?

Boxers do shittons of cardio and endurance training

Maidana fighting.

Attached: maidana1.jpg (768x432, 80K)

Maidana resting.

Attached: maidana2.jpg (750x900, 89K)

damn what do you think his routine is???

Attached: boxers.jpg (599x464, 64K)

you're literally a moron if you think the level of activity that boxers engage in on a regular basis will cause catabolism.

It doesn't kill gains. /fit is just lazy and fat

U fockin wot? You know there are weight classes, right?

Attached: WladimirKlitschko650.jpg (650x400, 72K)

Canelo is 5ft9 70kg

Attached: fury7.webm (640x360, 2.85M)

Because cardio doesn't actually kill gains, and because they're all on gear.

I don't understand why you would make this post if you've clearly never boxed in your life. Boxers do a ridiculous amount of cardio.

No, he's scale weight is 74kg. In the ring he's at least 85. Fighters dehydrate themselves like crazy to make weight.

What do you mean by scale weight? He fights in middleweight so the limit is 70kg

This should be banned. Weigh in's should be 30 minutes before the fight. If you fail to make weight you fight a Lion/Bear instead.

Different user, I am not sure the exact amount but weigh-ins occur a while before the actual fight begins. A fighter can therefore drop tons of weight by not drinking, eating, and by sweating a ton to lose water weight. Then they rehydrate before the fight all that weight they lost.

This all day.

fury is such a fucking legend

Take the BLOATpill

Attached: 26D17237-9ADA-4BE2-85A9-CAC7AF75CB78.jpg (1080x1080, 141K)

trips dont lie

>HIIT

Basically this, all these "boxers" replying have probably done boxing sometime in there the for less than a year and now lay in their ass all day imagining they could've done good at a higher level

Cardio doesn’t kill gains, in fact since I started BJJ and MMA my lifts have gone up significantly, as well as my back pain has disappeared and I’m more mobile

Why the fuck are you commenting on a topic you know fuck all about. Every fighter walks around at 10-20kg more than they weight in at until the day of the weigh ins. Fucking look at the difference when they are on the scale and when they fight, they rehydrate.

The weight on the scale, brainlet. And the exact MIddleweight cap depends on the federation. It varies from 70 to 73kg. But it doesn't matter because the fighters are 10+ kg over that in the ring.

I understand that, it's not like it's esoteric knowledge. I always weigh myself before I'm hydrated and fed, 70kg is nothing. I weighed that when I was a skinny 18 year old benching 45kg. Plus they don't gain as much as you think, 20kg is death tier dehydration

cheeky

Attached: pepe.png (1280x720, 405K)

Scale weight is not 74kg for middleweight, which is why I wanted clarification you brainlet

If that's not big, then I don't want to be big lmao
Always funny when some bloatlord body builder enters the boxing gym, thinking they are gonna fuck shit up with their HUUUGe muscles,
but then they can't manage a single pushup, run for more than a minute or two, and let me tell you something,
when they try throwing punches with their inflexible, stubby arms, it is just the cutest thing.
They usually don't last more than 1 or 2 training sessions, before they realize this shit is much tougher than picking up a heavy object 5 times and then calling it a day.

Don't know what mc dojo you went to, but AIR IS EVERYTHING in boxing.
Strength training is almost irrelevant, it's all cardio and conditioning.

Big is bad

Don't worry, you never will be big, dyel.

Boxers do both HIIT and cardio. I can load up any HBO 24/7 episode and you'll see boxers doing early morning runs.

That's the trick though, you can be 'clean' in one state but be banned in another for taking legal substances

Maidana in his prime after a 10 week training camp

Maidana after retiring and eating buffet everyday for a few years

They should, but after that one boxer died boxing organizations simply decided they couldn't do anything about boxers cutting drastic amounts of weight so they let them have a bigger window to hydrate back up.

Weigh ins are usually 24 hours before the actual fight where they have to make the division limit. They then have 24 hours before the actual fight to eat and hydrate. The IBF for their title fights have a 10% rule where they have a same day weigh in for their title fights where you can't weigh in more then your divisional limit + 10% and I think the WBC is moving in that direction as well.

Bigger arms means you need more energy to explosively punch with, plus its extra weight you don't need. Mikey Garcia fun sparred a bodybuilder and fucking wrecked him.

Copus maximus

>cardio kills gains
Literally nobody except overspecialized bloatlords believes that anymore. How's life in the 90s?

Attached: wrestlers with fanny packs Scott Norton.jpg (520x720, 112K)

Just go on youtube and look up conor and cyborgs cuts, they are huge amount of weight and people have died doing it

Post body.

take the bloatpill

Attached: naseem now.jpg (1024x1024, 185K)

are you seriously denying that boxers do cardio and train for endurance

>mute

form follows function

Attached: champs.jpg (634x719, 98K)

bodybuilders can't fight

Yea but boxers do a lot of LISS

>see something happen irl
>post about it
>"y-your just coping I am a strong fighter from picking a barbel up 15 times a week

Go to a boxing gym then and train for a session.
They will appreciate the entertainment.

Good, that means I will not be a silly looking faggot, who completely embarrasses himself as soon as he tries training for an actual sport.

I can tell you LISS by itself is not that important for a boxer.
A guy who can run a good marathon time can often not even last a single round in the ring, despite having good cardio and endurance.
Hill sprints and shit like that will build your anaerobic endurance, which is much more important for short explosive combinations and such.
Underlying aerobic cardio is also important, but you don't have to keep on your feet for hours on end, you have to explode for 3 minutes straight and then rest for just a minute and do that multiple times.
Not exactly like jogging.
The Rocky Balboa roadwork stuff is pretty old fashioned and modern fighters don't really focus on long runs anymore, since it doesn't help all that much.

You don't need to run more than 3 miles and it's mostly for leg endurance because they need to dance around the ring for 45 minutes. Also, to aid recovery in the short breaks between rounds.

Source: Angelo Dundee, coach of Muhammad Ali

>boxing
>actual sport

You know how long ago Dundee was a coach?
We know better ways of doing things these days.
I am not saying never run, but long, drawn out runs should not be the focus of a boxer.
HIIT is more efficient and important for your stamina, long easy runs are (like you said) really mostly for rest days for recovery.

>picking up iron objects is a sport
>highly technical ring fighting is not
get out of here you ridiculous balloon animal.
Learn to do a push up with your stubby little arms lol

Those are memes. All MMA guys and boxers who do HIIT gas in the mid to late rounds and that's a fact.

Putting iron objects up and down makes your muscles grow. Sport!
Dancing in a ring with your gay lover gives you chronic traumatic encephalopathy. Not a sport!

I don't really feel like making a new thread for my stupid question, so guess I'll post here.

Anyone have any experience with one of these style of hanging punching bags? I'm worried that because I hit decently hard the metal frame will either fall apart or, more likely, the bag will end up swinging around my apartment/knock over the frame since I won't have someone to hold the bag.
Also what's a good resource for getting back into proper form for someone who hasn't done any boxing in years?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1373x719, 71K)

This. It's such a fucking fraudulent meme spread by muh sports scientists that running long distance isn't efficient. You can clearly see in modern fighters with the best cardio that long distance is best. Your Calzaghe's (who ran 6 miles a day) and even your shitters like Chris Eubank Jr who nearly beat Billy Joe Saunders just due to running 6 miles on the beach every day

>I'm worried that because I hit decently hard the metal frame will fall apart

Attached: 1560558661864.jpg (536x479, 54K)

at most it's 10kg of water, beyond that you'd fucking die

canelo is a manlet who walks around at cca 78kg, which i don't know in which reality is Big.

He's also on a shitload of hormones, so there's that.

>6 miles
>long distance

>lifting
>not the most homosexual activity there is
you do it to attract gays.

COPe

serious cope.
go pump up your homo fantasy body.
It's really useless for anything else.

I don't mean immediately, but over the course of a few years. If I'm getting something like this I'd like to be able to use it for 5+ years without it start having all the screws loosen and it rattling every time it's hit.

Nice how you dyels come out of the woodwork to post the exact same thing three times in a row. I guess that's what brain damage does to you.

OP status: thoroughly oblitarated

just hang it from the ceiling if you can, much better than those as they usually require weighting down with sandbags

Yes mid distance by proper standards well done faggot

>Everyone else is wrong and brain damaged
>I'M NOT GAY I'M NOT GAY I'M NOT GAY

Get called a donkey once, that guy is an asshole.
Get called a donkey twice, that other guy might be an asshole too.
Get called a donkey three times,
might be wise to look for a stable.

Now go lift your weights so you look good for your gay lover.

You're implying that guy actually even lifts and isnt a skinny fat dork just shitposting

>CTE defense force joins the thread
>spouts the same buzzwords three times
>"Hurr durr, we are three people. Three peeple with the same opinion can't be wrong"
>"Now please leave us alone so we can jerk eachother off"

That would be the ideal option, but I very much doubt my landlord wants to put holes in the ceiling for hanging a bag. Plus a stand can be moved around if I decide to rearrange my apartment or end up moving.
I figure I could probably just put some plates on the feet of the stand, since I assume that's what those pegs are there for.

I suppose I should probably shop around and look for a more durable looking stand if I plan to get a 100lb bag, my main concern is that one looks like it'd start rattling apart before long.

the noise of those metal mounts can be annoying if not weighted down properly. Drilling can be worse if you have upstairs neighbors as the impact reverberates a lot. I doubt it would fall apart quickly and it would be easy to fix yourself if you've got the know-how

Lol.
You're a fucking goober, my mans.

You've given up.

Only someone with brain damage could make this little sense.

Affix the bag to the floor with the provided bungee cord using the strap at the bottom of the bag intended specifically for anchoring it with a bungee cord. Its like you haven't done any boxing in years or something user

I’m not saying it’s ideal, but a lot of boxers are old fashioned and superstitious. They still do TONS of LISS

hes a heavyweight you faggot, he's allowed to put as much muscle as he can because he doesn't have a weight limit

That stand is useless. You can't use a heavy bag in an apartment. It needs to hang from a concrete wall, or at the very least, from a metal frame that is much-much stronger and bigger than in your pic related. Also, if there's a heavy in a house then the whole house hear and feel it being hit.

I was in the county jail once for 72 days, there was a Golden gloves champion there who could work a punching bag like a pro.
One day a fat black guy thought his shower shoes were stolen by the Golden gloves dude, the black guy kept accusing him of stealing his shower shoes and the boxer began threatening him, suddenly the boxer punched the fat guy and the fat guy grabbed the boxer, flipped him upside down and drove his head into the concrete floor and began thumping the boxer mercilessly, everybody was shocked!

Shoulda touched him with the jab

What about Baguazhang, Shaolin Wushu, Taijiquan or other venerable arts from the far east?
Are all these centuries of wisdom and proficiency just worthless to you?
If so, I pity you and your so called "combat sports", which are utterly mundane and unimpressive in comparison.
A Shaolin monk can throw a needle through a sheet of glass and balance their neck on spears.
Any of your faggy UFC guys or boxers do any of that?
No, they just wail on each other like common apes and call it fighting.
No intricacy, no precision and most of all no skill.
If you people are ever unlucky enough to have a grand master of ANY of the arts I mentioned show up at one of your so called fighting venues, then good fucking night to those posers.
Ever seen an 80 year old man fend off several highly trained attackers?
Just have a word with my Sifu lol.
You guys are lucky that true practitioners of true martial arts stand far above your petty prize fighting, or you would become the laughing stock of the world overnight!

bait

1)steroids 2) steroids 3) not seeing them walking around 4) a pic midpunch makes people look ripped 5)steroids

I hate those fucking stands you can't work around teh fucking bag. Everything is from the front. Kicking it risks breaking a leg. Hang or bust imo.

>le bodybuilders can't fight meme
listen, faggots: if your opponent is 20kg or more heavier than you, you're going to lose 95% of the time, unless he's an absolute moron and you're a fucking genius of martial arts. That's just how it works.

Attached: Gatti-vs-Ward-III061.jpg (938x750, 278K)

So pic related is the strongest fighter in the world then.
Not only can body builders not fight, I have seen them demonstrate their ineptitude multiple times.
These artificially bloated up bodies are just fundamentally unsuited to fight and fighting well takes years and years of rigorous training.
You are retarded and if you wanted to fight well, you have been wasting your time.
It's like thinking if you swim a lot, you will get good at jumping far.

Attached: juan-pedro-franco.jpg (968x681, 33K)

>le bodybuilders can't fight meme
You mean
>le body building doesn't help with fighting at all and is probably even detrimental in most cases STONE COLD FACT
A rock climber would floor a world class bodybuilder easy.
These muscles are literally all for show.
They are suited for lifting for aesthetic purposes and THAT'S IT

wow, nice argument you've got there, retard. Of fucking course someone who is so fat he can't even get out of bed by himself can't fight, faggot. it's implicit that we're not talking about morbidly obese people, cripples or any other sort of deformed human being. We're talking about normal, able-bodied people.

>You are retarded and if you wanted to fight well, you have been wasting your time.
who said I'm a bodybuilder, retard?

>A rock climber would floor a world class bodybuilder easy.
lmao. climbing rocks doesn't make you better at beating people up.

You faggots ever probably never even laced up a pair of gloves in your lives and you think you know what you're talking about.

>started boxing a month ago
>getting beter defined muscles and didn't lose much strength even tho im doing cardio 5 times a week and losing weight
>look well more defined and strong overall
>abs finally looking more and more even tho i never had visible abs no matter how skinny i was
Feels good to take the boxing pill.

And then every felon and guard clapped!

>if your opponent is 20kg or more heavier than you, you're going to lose 95% of the time
Did you not say this? Is this a true statement?

>But no actually you have to also have great cardio and flexibility, as well as well conditioned muscles and receive years of training, have to spar a couple of times a week, and actually no you can't be a body builder
Backpedal some more.
What you wrote is nonsense and you pretty much admitted as much.

>who said I'm a bodybuilder, retard?
My bad you clearly are some fat dyel.
Bodybuilders can't fight for shit though.
As I have said, I have seen them try and fail both in real life multiple times and also watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=kL3VzjcptBI

Don't even know why you are trying to argue this point, when you are so clearly wrong and have nothing on the line, since you are not a bodybuilder yourself even.

>lmao. climbing rocks doesn't make you better at beating people up.
But lifting metal bars 5 times does?

Can you really not see how fundamentally flawed your entire premise is, are you just retarded or are you trying to bait? Cause it's not bait if you can just logically dismantle the nonsense you write.

>never even laced up a pair of gloves
You VERY clearly haven't.
Prove me wrong.

>train for high agility and flexibility, bottomless stamina, have ingrained sense of spacing, hitting without getting hit, precision punches, the ability to EVEN THROW A PROPER PUNCH, used to punch people in the face and get punched (not trivial) and take a punch etc etc

VS

>a guy who trained to look good

Place your bets.

moot*