Eat Right And Exercise

I saw an interview with a medical doctor (physician) and he said that most high blood pressure medicines are meant technically to be used as measures after fixing certain issues. He pointed out that on the commercials for the medications they have a tagline "when diet and exercise are not enough" he said that almost all the people on those meds are 50+ pounds overweight and don't do cardio. His statement was "get down to a low body weight and jog 3 miles twice a week while eating a healthy diet then come back to me and we will see how high your blood pressure is"

My question is how much will this help with ADHD and comorbid depression. I am always told to "get fit" first but I don't feel it will help because if it did they could quantify via studies how much it would help.

Jow Forums's thoughts?

Attached: vantablack-s-vis-spray-1.jpg (616x347, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17846259
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10547175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23362828
youtube.com/watch?v=9ViMhxV_WRU
google.com/amp/s/www.thevintagenews.com/2018/01/30/sugar-industry/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah

yea ok

it helps maybe 30% but you still need prozac at least

Strength training is a well known treatment for depression but barely anyone studies it because it can't be sold in pill form

Take Q10 enzyme pills if you have high blood pressure, stop with the soda, drink more water, and your hbp should drop.

i got you senpai
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17846259
>40% of people with major depression not depressed after jogging infront of their tv 30minutes 2 times a week 80s style

another one ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10547175
another one ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23362828

Kinda

interesting, seems too good to be true

If you're depressed you have a hard time doing basic things and stress has a disproportionate impact on you. Strength training makes everyday life easier (literally physically easier to get out of bed, eat right, take care of yourself, etc.) and exposes you to large amounts of stress hormones (the same ones that are released from stressful or just depressive situations) without the associated mental anguish.

I should clarify, that's a good thing because that high stress tolerance allows you to manage other stressful situations well.

t. recovering major depressed

how long did it take for you to get better?

First few workouts

>First few workouts
oh come on

As long as you do the correct program (a barbell strength program) that's right.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ViMhxV_WRU

>(a barbell strength program)
there should be a lot fewer depressed guys on Jow Forums then

But not as depressed as when they started

Your doctor is correct. While the dopamine high you get when you first get fit wears off after about a year, the changes to your life will be worth more than gold. Let me share my story briefly:

>Grew up obese for most of my life
>Always blamed it on genetics and being "big boned"
>Got highly depressed as I entered high school and attempted suicide a few times
>Was put on massive doses of psych meds and ballooned up to 238 lbs @ 5'9" as a result
>Royally screwed up my hormones as I was pre-hypertensive, pre-diabetic, had high cholesterol, high triglycerides, and asthma in addition to pain all over by the time I entered college
>Test level of 237 ng/dl @ 27 years old thanks to all of this
>See myself in a wedding photo and get absolutely disgusted - it's time for a MASSIVE change
>Overhaul my diet and quit the meds cold turkey after being on them for about 10 years (don't do this though - I ended up getting 2 seizures from the withdrawals)
>Begin by doing LOTS of cardio and some weights
>Dropping weight like crazy
>Eventually get down to 161 lbs - most people don't recognize me at this point since most of the weight came from my face
>Depression symptoms quickly go from an 8/10 to a 3/10 - the meds are no longer needed
>Get blood work at the doc after the weight loss and everything is in order now
>Confidence levels in general skyrocket but still horrible with women
>Lifting and eating right cured in 16 months what meds could not in 10 years
>Have kept the weight off for nearly 5 years

So yeah you should definitely get fit and see where you end up. As someone in the medical field I have noticed that nearly all modern afflictions can be cured or at the least heavily reduced just by eating right (minimal processed foods in your diet) and staying active.

t. 32 year old boomer

Attached: 1558406387423.gif (467x398, 74K)

Nice work and congratulations on the improvements in your life.

I think the problem with fat people is they never get that "oh shit i look disgusting" feeling

Random question, why do I see Americans specifying that they saw a 'medical' doctor? If you just said 'I went to see a doctor' do people assume you could be talking about a doctor of Meteorology or Social Sciences or something?

Attached: FragezeichenKatze.jpg (324x448, 21K)

Attached: ayyy.png (403x410, 13K)

Doesn't help that outrage culture comes after you if you tell the truth to a fat person.

if they can buckle up to jog in front of their tv multiple times they don't really have "depression" to begin with. they are just looking for excuses to their pathetic self

You're the worst type of faggot, I fucking hate you pricks that won't do anything in life that isn't meticulously studied by epidemiology

Just a reminder that all your shitty studies are mostly bought

google.com/amp/s/www.thevintagenews.com/2018/01/30/sugar-industry/amp/

>You're the worst type of faggot, I fucking hate you pricks that won't do anything in life that isn't meticulously studied by epidemiology
why

Not necessarily. I used to have depression and struggled to get out of bed, but I still forced myself to do things. It took several minutes to force myself out of bed and like half an hour of continuous effort to force myself to start my workout. It's really hard, but not impossible.

>Strength training is a well known treatment for depression
Explain Jow Forums then

People improving themselves

>improving

I can vouch for this, my therapist told me that working out can be as effective as being on anti depressants. The pills took away my suicidal thought but trying to get fit really helped with my mood and motivation for everything.

>helped with my mood and motivation
or you could just suck it up and do what you need to