Reminder that if you want to avoid bicep tears when deadlifting you should be able to curl 1/5th of your deadlift

reminder that if you want to avoid bicep tears when deadlifting you should be able to curl 1/5th of your deadlift

Attached: deadlift bicep tear.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_2fPs22J34k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks like I'm in the clear, then

Wrong, bicep tear is nearly always a result of mixed grip and steroid use.

>OPs pic using double overhand

No, he's not.
youtube.com/watch?v=_2fPs22J34k

Or maybe just don't use mixed grip?

Can I get some data with this, is this dumbbell curl or barbell curl?
Does it matter if it's in metric or imperial?

why is that man throwing a roman salute?

>Does it matter if it's in metric or imperial?
Yes. Imperial is fucking retarded. Never use it unless you enjoy wasting billions of dollars and valuable researcher time by crashing orbiters into planets.

Recently got Tendonitis in my shoulder from some mixed grip deadlifting

Never again! Using straps on heavy sets from now on. Anyone else dealt with this?

Have had a few issues with mixed grip as I got older. Now use straps, hook grip, or trap bar. No more mixed grip.

can an average man deadlift 4pl8s with double overhand grip and without straps?
I want to avoid buying straps or using mixed grip

It’s a nazi powerlifter gathering

straps are like $5

More importantly why aren't you

why spend a small amount of money, when you can spend no money?

Attached: literally-me.jpg (537x568, 71K)

Retard

I'm all for straps. I quit mixed grip when I noticed my right shoulder looked lower at lockout.
Doubpe-overhand until I get wrist pain, then straps

im not using hookgrip so fuck off

>Does it matter if it's in metric or imperial?
holy shit

With hook grip and chalk, yes.

Nazi powerlifters are not the wisest. Sieg heiling a torn bicep is bad luck.

Attached: pleasefuckoffbacktoreddit.jpg (396x382, 41K)

Idk what an average man is, but I can DOH 405lbs on a good day and my deadlift max is around 500. I do a lot of bouldering tho so my grip is pretty overpowered compared to the rest of my body.

Hook grip isn't double overhand. It's hook grip.

anything is possible with enough work ethic!

>Avoid buying straps
Fucking why? They're one of the cheapest pieces of equipment you can buy and they last forever. You're never going to be able to pull a max deadlift double overhand no matter how hard you train your grip and you're gonna destroy your thumbs if you try to hook every max attempt, just buy straps you tard.

>1/5th of the weight
>Does the system matter

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 90K)

Just get a stronger grip instead of becoming full on quasimodo because you didn't wanna go all the way and use straps but those chicken shit forearms couldn't even grip Scooby's dick

Attached: Screenshot_20190619-190824~2.png (690x1080, 815K)

>
>im not using hookgrip so fuck off

Everyone says this the first couple times they try it. Just keep doing it, the pain goes away. Don't be a wimp.

The average man can’t hardly move his ass off the couch
Normies are fat and weak
The average Jow Forumsizen maybe
Yes

I thought those go up whenever anyone attempts a PR?

If you don’t want bicep tears you probably shouldn’t test your 1rm curl ever

Attached: 01DDB041-820C-4A23-883B-AD61A3CD9B0A.jpg (612x612, 83K)

And overtraining. Gotta let the fucking tendons and ligaments fully heal once in a while, even if you don't feel pain.

Attached: 1507428260498.png (645x729, 58K)

how much poundage starts to be dangerous when using mixed grip on the deadlift ?

you will not tear your biceps atemping 1RM curls if you are natty, stop being gains goblin

but 4pl8 doesn't look impossible, pic related

Attached: vg.png (1366x768, 1.74M)

I cam take 4 pl double ovrrhand, only for 1 rep byt its possible

Why would you even give a shit about your curl 1rm? It's a fucking isolation

Thread should have ended on these posts.

Attached: 1456268601098.gif (506x516, 443K)

t.curlet

>curls
>strength
el mao

there was this really good documentary in russian about a biceps curl championship but i cant find it :((((((

You probably also won’t tear your bicep doing deadlift 1rm as a natty, that doesn’t mean it can’t happen. If you are concerned about bicep tears, then curl 1rms are probably the riskiest movement for that

Attached: 3D917DB6-7A66-4657-9C28-D5332B24698D.jpg (1080x1350, 112K)

You are retarded for even entertaining the thought

just flex your tricep

I still don't understand why,
I can do 3x 3pl8 with normal grip, but it's hard,
is 4pl8 really impossible?
mixed grip feels weird

I'm trying to figure out hook but I can't get it to work while also applying what Rip says about bar placement (that is, at the base of the fingers for pulls). In order to jam my thumb in there, I need to let the bar travel up the palm a bit. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal and you have to pick your poison?
It's a separate thing. You can hook grip double over but you can hookgrip mixed as well. And the point of avoiding mixed is avoiding imbalances and possible tears due to supination. Hook causes neither

It's not impossible, I didn't say it was impossible, I said it's impossible to pull your max deadlift double overhand. If you ever get to the point where you can pull 405 DOH, your mixed/strap/hook grip deadlift will be significantly higher than 405. All you're going to do by training exclusively DOH is cripple your progress. If you want to do that because you're a retard and can't be fucked to buy a pair of $10 straps, be my guest.

Basically any amount. You can easily tear a bicep with 135lbs if you're cranking on it hard enough.

That's hook grip dum dum

if you can deadlift 800 pounds but cant curl 200 you are weak, bicep strenght means pulling strenght and pressing strenght and a strong grip as well

looks like you started lifting this year

seriously there are such genelets ? i have been curling and deadlifting for years and as much i get a sharp pain inside my forearms nothing else

>average man

>you should be able to curl 1/5th of your deadlift
Who the fuck can't curl 1/5th of his deadlift.

Like, nigga, please. The average deadlift 1RM of an adult male should be between 315 and 505.
Are you guys seriously gonna tell me there are Jow Forums posters who can't curl 100lbs?

Bicep strength has basically no bearing on deadlifts, gripping muscles are in your forearm.

how much can you strict barbell curl and deadlift ?

curling is very genetic some people never improve at that lift yet can squat or deadlift a lot, its like pressing

leave Jow Forums?

curls strenghten your forearms as well resulting in a stronger grip

My best barbell curl (odd-lift rules, back and asscrack against a powercage) is 140lbs and my biceps are weak as fuck, always a limiting factor, in every back movement I do.

My best deadlift is 507. I seriously suck at deadlifts though.

what are your other lifting numbers like pressing benching and squatting ?

i can barbell curl 180 lbs but back, ass to wall 170 pounds (it took me years to reach this level btw) my dl max is 200 kg for reps but i dont deadlift

whats your bodyweight ?

It can happen, less likely with lighter weight but it's really just a function of muscle strength compared to tendon strength, if one outpaces the other you can get fucked up.

>Hurr durr you don't need ear protection it stops hurting eventually, inb4 ruptured ear drums