How do your parents cope with you being a mid 20s khv neet hikikomori? Mine alternate between 3 moods really...

how do your parents cope with you being a mid 20s khv neet hikikomori? Mine alternate between 3 moods really. One is complete indifference, and ignoring me for like 80% of days. 15% of days are a dulled anger like gnats in the summer pecking at you. Then like 5% are them crying in their room muttering "where did we go wrong" in some form or another.

Attached: 1549516943291.webm (768x576, 820K)

Holy shit how had I never seen that webm. Anyways either I'm too dense to notice or my parents are still in denial that anything is wrong.

they don't give a flying fuck about me

You show that you're a NEET? Why?

Attached: Pmxhmpa DISCORD.png (560x96, 3K)

For me my mom is constantly trying to do mundane stuff for me, like wash me clothes, and I have to stop doing something and let me do it at least once every day. My dad is a sarcastic asshole and will say shit like "good morning" at 1pm when I decide to finally leave my room, and has talks calling me a filthy loser and a pig when my room has a few pieces of clothes on my futon and chair, also considering I'm schooling AND working a 35hr job. I actually said fuck it one day and decided I'd continue schooling and working from my car, but since my grandpa didn't put the owndeship under me before he passed my dad said he'd report the car as theft if I did that. I have enough to purchase a different car, but at that point I'd not have much money left and the car might not be as reliable. In other words, please kill me.

My mom tells me to be a grow up sometimes

But idgaf LOL

behind every neet are terrible parents that taught them nothing

>Your dad insults you constantly for being a neet
>He also tries to prevent you from moving out
Man your parents are shit

my dad does similar crap. he gives me shit for being a neet loser, whenever i leave the house he calls me nonstop to see what i'm doing, and he gives me shit for trying to improve myself. he is honestly the worst piece of shit i have ever met in my life. he doesn't want me to move out, he just wants to mentally torture me.

My mom used to hound me all the time for not having a GF. She would constantly bring up anecdotes of her friends' daughters going on online dating and finding a BF within a few days. She would confront me about it sometimes, and ask why I haven't gone on online dating. I would tell her I have, but that the girls on there aren't interested in me. What few girls are interested in me are fat, ugly, stupid single moms living off the state.

She would hassle me like this at least once a day. It would get me really depressed because it would be a reminder that not only is my mom disappointed in me, and not only can I not get a GF (within minimum standards), but also that I'm a such a pathetic loser that my mommy thinks she can help me get a GF.

So I would be very depressed for a while, and my mom would lay off presumably because she could tell I'm not happy. Then as soon as I would cheer up, she would be on my case again. This continued for about a year until one day I snapped and started swearing at her, telling her to fuck off, telling her to get off my fucking case because she's just making me wanna kill myself, I'll move out if she wants me to etc. She then started smashing stuff in the house until she calmed down (because apparently I made her angry by getting angry at her).

Ever since then she's not brought up the fact that I've never had a GF. I guess she accepts it, now. I feel bad for her, of course, but lambasting your son for his failures ain't the right way to help him.

I'm the other moveout attempt user. Really similar to my dad still. Whenever I leave he said he wants me to tell him where I'm going and for how long, I don't though. He also gives me shit for my attempts at improvement because he doesn't understand what I'm doing, yet he'll sit me down to explain it (AGAIN) and I'll always start such sit by saying "I already explained this all by the way and you're still not going to understand". I was lowkey bullied most of my life and surrounded by negative people with negative projections, including me parents, ie how someone might say "shit weather we're having" that cycles into further negative dialogue. Well, I closed off into escapism from such shit and decided recently to try and form a self identity, and my dad tells me "opinions are bullshit" and is furious with me whenever I take something he says for granted, or listen to someone else over "my own father" - ie I listened to neil degrasse tyson on something over his opinion (can't remember) and even though neil's fucking qualified, he still wanted me to explain why I won't listen to him instead.

My dad had a pretty shitty upbringing, and I sympathize with it, but the degree to which he's not helping is pretty incredible. There was even a time I tried to convince them that I want to see a therapist, but they didn't let me likely because they were in derail that I needed one. Then when I finally decided I understand enough of what I should do, they give me shit for denying to see a therapist and nag me about it.

Attached: 1535661217814.png (500x350, 245K)

>My mom used to hound me all the time for not having a GF. She would constantly bring up anecdotes of her friends' daughters going on online dating and finding a BF within a few days. She would confront me about it sometimes, and ask why I haven't gone on online dating.

You have to understand - your mom is biologically programmed to find you cute.

So to her, if you don't have a gf it's because you are refusing to get one, for whatever reason. It can't be that you're an ugly dork, because that fact doesn't exist in her biology.

he's a bullying narcissist. from what i've read the only way to deal with these people is to just move out and cut them out of your life. all the other ways of dealing with it are half assed.

>if you don't have a gf it's because you are refusing to get one, for whatever reason. It can't be that you're an ugly dork, because that fact doesn't exist in her biology.
Yeah, I get that. I can't fault her for trying, aside from when it's clearly making me sad. Still, she's not bothered me about it since, so she's either got the message that I'm hopeless, or she's got the message that I want her to stop bothering me about tfwnogf. Either way, I'm glad that she's not making things worse for the both of us.

my parents tried but I was growing up during the early years of the internet and got sucked in. It was a new thing and they probably didn't know how to deal with it or how it would affect me.

Mom is constantly nagging and thinking that i'm going to like every thing she suggests. Dad is more considerate but he's more sad than critical.

I'm only 19 but my parents don't seem to care at all that I'm a NEET, they don't seem to have any ambitions for me. But maybe it's just cause I'm still "young".

But I sympathize with my mother a lot. My parents met through a newspaper ad, so I imagine they were pretty robot in the early days. I was actually traumatized once a long time ago when I remember my mom crying and saying she wanted to leave my dad, he got really sad over it and didn't yell or anything. They're both pretty sad individuals honestly, I feel worse for them than my 23khv self, but they still piss me off to no end and I wish I could at least have some space for a few years. My dad's definitely a narcissist and literally thinks he's right about everything, and me and my mom get annoyed all the time by it. But she gets by mostly by parroting whatever he tells her.

That webm :[ my brother did it years ago

oh shit, sorry to hear that user. What was your brother like?

Just like me, we were twins. We were both somewhat shut-ins, and a few years after college I guess he realized there wasn't much left ahead for him. You work and then you die.

yeah when you're just 19 you're still a "kid" in the minds of people. Even if you are a pathetic neet shut in they can rationalize it as you being a "late bloomer." The "late bloomer" meme starts to not work when you're closer to 30 than 18. It always works both ways. You stop having "excuses" as you progress into and past your mid 20s. After you've dropped out of college 3 times, and have't left your room in 2 years, you really have nothing to fall back on. You're probably acting the same way you were before, but then you could fall back on your youth or getting another school loan, or saying "next fall" or some shit.
That's why its sad to see young'ins and college kids go
>how can it get any worse :(
like nigger you've not even stepped into the shallow end of despair yet. You're still hanging at the beach chairs.

Attached: 1542822197084.jpg (800x1038, 270K)

>Anyways either I'm too dense to notice or my parents are still in denial that anything is wrong.
Same desu. When my mom asks me what I want to do with my life or when I plan to go to college or get a job I tell her I don't want to and that "you die if you work". She just laughs.
Cause I can't move out and you can't really hide being a NEET to people you live with.