Redpill me on swimming

Redpill me on swimming

Is it better or worse than going to the gym?

Attached: bassin-competition1-Small.jpg (729x480, 161K)

Why not do both? I just ordered some goggles and I’ll be in the pool tmrw.

Are there online resources on how to improve your swimming technique?

I've been thinking about scrapping one of my run days and turning it in to a swim day, but I'd still like to know more myself.
Gotta be something, probably on yootoob

chlorine fucks your hair so bad

Your hair gets over it.

Makes my hair a bad bitch

>cold and unpleasant getting in and out
>smelly and damp if indoors
>chlorine
fuck pools

>his gym doesnt have a pool
fuckin pleb lmao

former college swimmer here
>take multiple showers after swimming if you swim for more than 2hours at a time otherwise you and everything you own will smell like it
>forget about moisturised hair, i used to bleach mine and then cut it off for swim every season
>take a swimming class otherwise there's no point
>its way better than running and you obtain a better physique and less joint pain
>gym for 3-4 days and swim for 7 days and you will be ottermode in less than 3/4 of a year no matter what you eat
>heavy carb and protein, sugary and high fat between swim sets, caloric surplus all the time

>take multiple showers after swimming if you swim for more than 2hours at a time otherwise you and everything you own will smell like it
Use shower gel/foam
>forget about moisturised hair
Use a conditioner
>take a swimming class otherwise there's no point
lol

>Use shower gel/foam
if you've swam as long as i have you know that no matter what you use theres a chemical smell that lingers and sometimes you cant take a shower immeadiately
>Use a conditioner
again, long time swimmer here and hair damage adds up over the years bucko
>taking a swim class
the faster you swim the more calories burned not to mention that skinny ottermode lanklets brutally mog you while youre doggypaddling they're swimming 500s on the 2 minute

you cant be a bulky bear-mode nigga and swim, thats not how it works famalam

Attached: 1509327042326.png (598x735, 979K)

It dries your hair a bit i swam without a cap for a few years when i did comp swimming but i liked mine better when it was dry

>swimming with a cap
bruh moment

>Is it better or worse than going to the gym?
i mean why would you compare the two ? basically it depends on your goal
Swimming is a great full body sport for cardio and health, you will build little muscle
Weightlifting is what it is, you go there to build your physique

i used to be on my schools swim team and i swam most of my childhood

swimming is probably the single most efficient cardio you can do (assuming you're actually doing the right technique and not just flailing around like a retard). it's also incredibly difficult to injure yourself, although again, bad form can lead to some shoulder problems if youre just brute forcing your way in

its also good for lung expansion and breath control as the most efficient swimmers will be able to hold their breaths for several strokes (sounds harder than it is).

if youre a noob watch some videos on form. do not be embarrassed by being winded by a single lap or being lapped by old people. it takes practice and is pretty hard.

>not ocean swimming
Flyover fags detected

>going on vacation in July
>going to a lake house with gf and her family
>too pale and overweight to take my shirt off
H... Help me bros..

This op make sure not to stay in there too long and rinse your head right after

How and where do i learn to swim without people finding out? Do i pay some for some private lessons?

Not a nigger.

swimming won't get you big you faggot, just do both

>Less joint pain
Lol. My gf was Olympian level swimmer and her shoulders and knees are completely fucked

>gym for 3 days, swim for 7, all for ottermode
no one waste their time on this

Good swimmers are fucking jacked and are 100000x more attractive than retarded gym rats with 0 athletic ability

Fast and lay in the sun.

Why are you even here faggot? Did you read the sticky?

>pictured is a pool
I'm a coastalfag, but I hate the beach
>crowded
>usually even colder than a pool
>can't easily take breaks unless you stay near shore which is crowded and has waves
>sand

Throw yerself into the water and don't drown, voila