Arching back

Is this legit or just a meme?

Attached: accidentes-tontos.jpg (640x360, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wtBT-H2W5n4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its for dyel basedboys that wanna be able to say they bench a lot

but my brother does it and he's in excellent shape, but he's not a powerlifter, he just lifts for health and aesthetics. i think the important thing is, keep the ASS to the ground, but arch the back. yeah??

Whenever I see someone do this, I cringe so hard. Honestly embarrassing.

This is some exorcist type of shit here.

If you wanna win PL meet, no problem, but for bodybuilding I'd rather go with minimal arch a.k.a. the one that you need to keep shoulders and upper back in proper position.

This. There should be some arch to keep your shoulder at the right angle.
To set up for bench:
Arch back
Most weight should be on feet and upper back, like a tripod
Retract scapula (Pull shoulders down and back)
For some reason it really helps me if i think of the lift in terms of pushing my shoulders down instead of pushing the bar up.

Attached: LMAO1CHICK.jpg (500x489, 56K)

it reduces your range of motion by a lot. basically it's shit for actually working out but if you just want to go "hurr durr i can lift 3pl8" then feel free to arch the shit out of your back and move that bar an inch per rep(lucky customers may receive an all-expenses-paid one-way trip to snap city)

I do a minor arch for stability, what I'm wondering is what do you do with your glutes? Relax them or flex them?

everyone ITT is a dyel. The guy in that photo isn't benching like that. He's still fucking setting up. After he plants his ass down, and then unracks the weight and brings it forward, it doesn't look like that.

This is like taking a photo of someone setting up to deadlift, before he's tightened his back, and using it to say he's deadlifting incorrectly and not keeping his back straight.

Nice bait, this is from an old webm where you see him bench exactly like that with literally 2 inches of rom. His ass stays off the bench meaning that it isn't even a legal lift for powerlifting

Saaaauce

depends on do you do a retard arch like pic related.
main reason to arch your back is to make you project force through your pecks and not your neck area

user...

This, I like to arch a bit because it really helps me focus my pecks, plus after two shoulder dislocates it really takes the stress off my shoulders

arches in PL are probably the biggest reason nobody gives a fuck about PL

what a fucking meme lmao

Its a meme.

Proper benching form requires you tuck your shoulder plates together as close as possible which you do in order to stretch your chest so your chest muscles are activated more in the lift.

Arching is not required specifically because you naturally arch when you bring your shoulder blades together. Even while sitting down you can try it, as you try and pinch your back you'll notice you arch forwards, same thing happens on the bench.

Yeah, pretty much.
The arch is required to protect your shoulders.

Arch is important but they fucking overdo it. Scapulae and at least half of gluteus maximus should touch the bench and your forearms should be vertical at the bottom of the movement. Or at least perpendicular to the barbell.

Flex glutes. Flex pretty much everything. Your whole body should be tight as hell. You need to generate as much tension as possible.

Some degree of arch is necessary for proper form. Just keep your ass on the bench. You probably don't have the flexibility for a big arch if your ass in on the bench

His bench is in this video at 1:30. It looks pretty fucking bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=wtBT-H2W5n4

My mid/upper back cramps up if I arch on barbell bench. It sucks.

Ugh those quads

it gets a little better, but not much

Attached: 1559313019023.webm (640x640, 1.71M)

what the fuck am i looking at
his arms look like theyre 1/3 the length theyre supposed to be
this cannot be fucking good for you
if you cant lift without doing that shit to your spine you simply arent strong enough
i hope he gets a permanent vacation to snap city