I tried incline bench for the first time today and it was way lower than my normal bench. Is this normal?

I tried incline bench for the first time today and it was way lower than my normal bench. Is this normal?

Attached: h.jpg (1536x688, 500K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradoxes_de_Zénon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Typically your inclined bench weight is lower than flat bench

Yes, It's common in men with lower than average test. So aprox 50% of the populaiton.

Yes it's definitely normal. You will incline 10 to 15% less than flat bench.

is there any problem with doing just incline bench rather than flat? i work out at home alone and i feel like i'm less likely to kill myself doing incline so i never flat bench. i have the bench set at about a 20 degree incline.

*wrist snaps*

Targets your lower chest less. You want incline for targetting upper chest and flat bench for hitting both equally.

If you don't use clips, you can just carefully tilt the bar to allow the weights to slip off on one side. Then you can get out. For bodybuilding purposes, incline bench and dips should be enough

Close grip bench press, to arch back or not

My incline is about 50% of my incline while my close grip is about 80%.

I incline pretty high though. so its 50% OHP 50% Bench. I do incline during my OHP days (5/3/1) as an accessory

usually about 50 reps at 1pl8

dude just buy a power rack its a game changer

>I incline pretty high though
Bullshit. You incline bench 0 kg

I incline at about 35-40deg i'd estimate. dont get why you're freaking out nigga. hard to tell exactly because its the 2nd rung of my bench

Attached: 1530122551040.jpg (2336x4160, 490K)

Because you said you incline half of what you incline, meaning you incline 0

it joek
nice rack

ohh yea im a bit drunk mate i thought it might be that. also thanks im a big fan its a good beginner/budget rack. holds up well. does what i need, et.

also technically if i incline have of what i incline its actually that Z'bros paradoxi i cant remember. so technically i dont incline zero

I usually do and my close-grip is about as strong as my regular grip

It is normally lower, but it shouldn't be 'way' too low, aprox 80% of your flat weight should be your goal.

a) sober up
b) x=x/2 => x-x/2=0 => x/2=0 => x=0

nah nigger math aint that simple
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradoxes_de_Zénon
>t. phd havin nigga

Muh nigger it really is that simple and Zeno's paradox isn't a paradox at all, it's an introduction to infinite series (hint: each step also takes exponentially less time to be completed). You're getting all your shit mixed up

nah nigga its a good paradox because it makes you think about the relationship between curved spacetime and infinitly divisible space. i.e., the paradox of flatness vs the intractability of precisely measuring position/velocity. zenos pretty well encapsulates the problem of making relativity fit in with QM especially in regards to the curvature of space being the source of gravity i.e., at small enough space infinite curvature exists which breaks relativities dependance on small enough spaces being relatively flat. my nigga.

Zeno wasn't aware of light speed or planck length.

you underestimate the ancients brah. democritus was aware of the atom before any fancy nigga with a xray source. the concept of divisibility and mathematical minima and their effect and immeasurability on the physical world were at least at the philosophical level well known. philosophy is the based mother of all physical science. first you need to be able to conceptualize the idea of the problem then you work towards figuring out the nitty gritty bits. ancient nigga were well on their way. just needed a few more generations they were never given and we'd be 2k years advanced right now

>is there any problem with doing just incline bench rather than flat?
no and its probably safer for your shoulders

Its a harder movement

olympic barbell fags btfo. All you need is a cheap walmart barbell to get big

What the fuck is happening to this board, newfags going to the gym for two weeks and be like "mmm guess I'm part of the gang now, time to make the dumbest newfag thread on Jow Forums"

Yup, incline is quite a bit harder.

I can hit 295 for 6 on flat (RPE 8), but 275 for 4 nearly fucking murders me on incline (RPE 9-10). It's a lot harder

>is there any problem with doing just incline bench rather than flat?

Not as long as you don't want to compete in powerlifting.

>i feel like i'm less likely to kill myself doing incline so i never flat bench

I find unracking the weight far sketchier on an incline and if you have to lower it onto yourself (because you're an idiot and didn't set up safeties) the incline WILL suck more to get out from under.

I use incline to get over plateaus - otherwise I'll do flat because I care about my numbers

not op but the chances of it rolling back towards your neck is more worrying than being pinned at the hips, if you're lifting solo. Gravity might likely break something with a drop on incline but at least you're not going to guillotine yourself and the neighbours have to call about a bad smell after a few weeks