Hi Jow Forums, small apartment yuropoor poster here...

Hi Jow Forums, small apartment yuropoor poster here. Can I still join the home gym master race if I have 800sq ft of space?

What's the minimal equipment that would make the most sense for me to invest in when space is limited?

Attached: IMG_0001.jpg (576x768, 53K)

Attached: IMG_0002.jpg (576x768, 49K)

get a gym membership

But don't I have enough room for at least most of the equipment I need?

no you posh fucker see

Yeah bro I live in a 900 foot single wide trailer. I have a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and a home gym.

Do you live by yourself? If so, 800 sq ft isn't that small. Assuming you aren't going to piss off your neighbors by throwing weights around, just get some kind of a rack, a bench, a bar, some weights, and a chin up bar. And padding for the floors. Some adjustable dumbbells would be good too.

is that outdoor area covered and on the ground level?

It's covered, but not on ground level. I live on the 34th floor.

Attached: IMG_008.jpg (576x768, 110K)

A power cage or squat rack, barbell, a flat bench and a set of plates. A deadlift platform or similar if the plates are metal would help with noise, you can build that if needed. Make sure you measure, particularly height will fuck you. Usually need enough to stand it up which is more than it's actual height. Used is cheaper than new, avoid cheap Chinese steel cages/racks/barbells. Cheaper plates usually mean they don't weigh what they should. Avoid sand filled shit. Brand new from Rogue is probably 1500USD, dunno about your third world shit hole.

>34th floor
idk depending on how sturdy that balcony is you could put a rack there which would seem nice to me with good weather

Dude I have a serious fear of heights and lifting on the 34th floor balcony sounds so fucking scary

oh yeah I guess it's easy manslaughter if you drop a weight

Nice apartment user, very nice. You have plenty of room if you're willing the sacrifice some legroom. The biggest problem will be ceiling height, just make sure you get the dimensions of the power rack right,

I don't want to fall bro

Attached: IMG_0010.jpg (1024x768, 123K)

Sacrifice living room space for home gym. Only stay at home to fuck, eat, work out and sleep.

how's monaco?

Too expensive for a gym membership. A membership at Thermes Marins is a month's rent.

I don't know what you would be doing that you could possibly fall though... maybe pullups off the rack. Are you scared to sit out there now?

I'm joking desu but also it's not that large of a balcony, plus I don't really want to be that weird guy who my neighbours across the street see lifting weights at 2 am on his balcony.

user your apartments looks really comfy

Yeah, as long as you don't mind sleeping in a closet

Attached: IMG_0004.jpg (576x768, 36K)

A fucking dream.
I'd gave away/sold every single piece of furniture, left a power rack in the living room, put a queen size bed in that closet as well as a comfy chair and a table with 3 screens stand.

Do you live by yourself? Furniture and decorations seem like from somebody pretty old. Still, I love it.
How much is the rent around there?

All you need to get fit is a pullup bar. Find one or buy one.

I do live alone, and it's a furnished rental. Only some of the lamps, the living room rug, the main painting on the living room wall, the photos and the plants are mine. Rent is €4,000 per month + €350 per month service charge for this 1 bed in this 1970s building.

Wow. That's total Bs. A mortgage would be cheaper. Profession?

>Mortgage
Bro do you have any idea how much it costs to buy here?
I'm a self-employed software developer

Why live there then? Not trying to be a dick, genuinely curious. Is the quality of life worth paying off someone else's loan?

Because there is no income tax. I save over £60,000 per year, even after the crazy rent, by living here rather than the UK where I'm from.

Also it might just be worth getting adjustable dumbbells and a folding bench to save space. Supplement a lack of heavy lifting with more reps and isolation work.

Good reason to be fair.

isn't there another financial haven that might provide you with a higher quality of life? or maybe a country like with incredibly low cost of living to actually offset any income tax you might pay? i can't believe monaco would be the best choice for place to live for anyone less than a billionaire.

Very few billionaires live here actually. I think there are only like six who really live here rather than just visit.

As for other no-tax countries, there aren't really any good options that work for me. There are a couple of caribbean places like the Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands and Cayman Islands, but I grew up in London and I don't want to live in some backwater; it just doesn't suit my personality or the kind of lifestyle I want. I like having services and being able to get 1-day delivery; waiting a week for Amazon to deliver something would feel ridiculous in the current year

Also, for most countries you have to actually buy a house there to get a residence permit; I don't have that kind of money. Monaco lets you rent and get a carte de sejour temporaire (1 yr residence permit, renewable)

oh yeah, i remember monaco having some weird residency laws. as far as a homegym goes i don't see a whole lot of options for you. bolting a powerrack into your living room would probably be against your rental contract, right?

Well I'd have to ask and get permission, but rentals are like 80% of tenure here - almost nobody, especially foreigners, owns unless they're really rich - so modifications are actually quite common, including total renovations made by the tenant, so I would probably be able to do it. The ceiling height is 8ft 6 so it would fit as well.

then go for it. your only real concern will probably be deadlifts, even with proper dampening. might be able to reduce the effect by getting rubberized or bumper plates though.
also, holy shit, there is not a single regular gym in all of monaco from what i see.

Pretty cozy desu senpai

What you usually do is either get a membership at the gym of a hotel (but most are small and always busy) or Thermes Marins (which is expensive), or you drive 30 minutes to Nice to use a normal-price gym there, but I don't want to commute an hour each day just to work out.

honestly I would take the calisthenics / dumbbell pill. Get an adjustable bench + dumbbells up to like 75lbs, and find a pullup bar and you can do most everything. DB bench, overhead press, pistol squats while holding weights, weighted pullups, etc.
Pretty much the only thing you'll miss out on is deadlifts, which are basically a no-no in an apartment anyway - unless your downstairs neighbors enjoy bits of ceiling in their soup.

Excluding the pullup bar, this is basically my current situation, plus I have a small bike that I move from the kitchen into the living room to use when I need to get cardio in. Is diddly substitutable for something else?

Holly shit 4k euros.
That's like, 6 salaries for me.
Damn it sucks to be a 3rd world nigger.

how can you afford $5,000 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment but cant drive an hour in Monaco and France for the gym, lmao

how does your building not have its own gym at that price point too

>€4,000 per month
WHAT THE FUCK
that's worse than toronto

It's a wasted hour every day. And most buildings here don't have their own gyms, or at least nothing with enough equipment. This is an old and cheaper building as well, so the services are pretty minimal.

And yes the rent is stupid high, but we don't pay taxes. In the UK I paid a 40% marginal income tax rate on nearly all of my income, plus £22k of national insurance (social security) contributions as well. It is on net much cheaper to live here, plus London has gone totally to shit and is basically ruled by gangs of foreigners now.