Dad is faking an interest in your hobbies in order to get closer to you again

>dad is faking an interest in your hobbies in order to get closer to you again

Is there anything more pathetic dads can do?

Attached: 1479087165732.jpg (225x225, 7K)

goddamn wish my dad helped with my fucking hobbies instead of being a lazy cunt who doesnt do shit and bitches about my mum all day

All my dad wanted was to be a supportive bro becuase his father was an asshole, but we were just too different

i love my dad user

my dad tries to push his own hobbies and interests on me. its incredibly narcissistic

>have son
>your son's hobbies are mind-numbingly deplorable & uninteresting
>but being the good father that you are, you want to have a solid bond with your son, so you put your pride aside & fake interest in your son's intolerable hobbies to gain a stronger connection with him
>but your son is ungrateful & pushes you away
No wonder you're on Jow Forums, OP

I unironically watch anime with my dad despite knowing this

>dad trying to make an attempt to bond with his son

If you were a father, you'd do the same shit. I'd kill for a father like yours, fuck off, even if it was faking

If only op. My dad is seemingly not interested in anything I like. He's very much a stranger in my life. He's the reason I wish to be better father if I get the chance. Doesnt mean he treated me bad, he did no such thing, just wasnt, and still isnt involved with my life.

Attached: Darth-Vader_6bda9114.jpg (960x538, 92K)

user be happy you have father who cares about

>tfw no dad
Your post is cringy.

This is the same for me, although I don't really see too much bad in it, I know my dad loves me and has done so much for me but he just isn't really interested in me too much, mostly because he doesn't really know how to talk to me as he never really has, which has had effects on me no doubt but I am still happy with the way things are with em and him.

I think though it has made the rather significant issue in my life of me not really wanting to have anything to do with other people either, and I will find out the consequences of that in the coming decades.

Cowboy Bebop and Redline are some dadcore anime

>Is there anything more pathetic dads can do?
Abandon you completely and refuse to have any contact with you.

>dad keeps calling/texting me from numbers I don't recognize
>sends letters to my workplace because he doesn't know where I live

I forgot to add he keeps telling people he is my father in public and trying to con them into briging him to meet with me. He's disgusting.

He has a genuine interest in you dummy

The farthest my dad goes to talk to me is to tell me to get a better job.

Jokes on him, I have no hobbies.

what if your dad is like 26 lel

my dad wouldnt know what the fuck any of that shit was
>cowboy tortellini? what is this

That is the most fucking ungrateful thing I have ever heard. Your father wants to have a relationship with you and you are so disconnected from reality you decide to ridicule him for it like he didn't pay for every facet of your life for 18 years and wipe your ass for the first 6. Get help

did you even try to meet him in the middle on making a relationship? Like maybe your differences aren't what should define your relationship to eachother. ever think of that?

"Are ya winnin son?" dads are best dads, fuck you OP

>his dad is 26
Underage go and stay go
t. 26 and watched cowboy bebop years ago

>user's dad is as old as I am
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FUCK
FUCK
SHIT
SHITFUCKCUNT AAAAAAA

Attached: 1511591647680.jpg (422x422, 19K)

I wish my dad even gave me half the shit your dad gives about you

>my dad's a nice guy
>want to hang out with my dad
>our interests are completely different
What're some good movies, games or anime to hang out with my dad?

Attached: sad adachi stolen from tumblr.png (1280x720, 985K)

I tried. But then I found he voted for shillary. I called the cops and told them he was sexually abusing me. Now he's in prison like Hillary will be very soon. kek

Attached: 1512467225112.jpg (499x499, 55K)

I know it's not much and it feels phony, but at least he's trying.

That's because only braindead, low IQ subhumans watch that comic bullshit.
If I would find out my son's watching this sh8t I would beat him even harder. Until he's a real man and not a fucking faggot.

I never asked him to do all that shit. Kill yourself boomer-nigger subhuman.

Attached: 1550900242873.jpg (480x270, 23K)

>user's dad is younger than me

Attached: 1551500099919.png (629x767, 577K)

Same, mine's fuckin cool

Based, Hillary supporters should be shot

I'll always cherish the times when I would teach my dad how to play a video game. I hate you OP

My dad's only interests are working constantly and drinking Natural Light beer while he watches reruns of M.A.S.H. and Two and a Half Men. "There's more to life than them games and that computer son", he says as he watches the same shit he's seen a thousand times yet again with his beer. Somehow one tall boy of that light beer is all it takes to make him get drunk and act hateful to everyone too so fuck him.

I never met my dad, you guys are all whining assholes

My dad has made it clear that he hates everything about the modern world and that everything has been garbage practically since he was born. He hates his generation and all generations that came after. There's literally no way to relate to him unless it's something to do with guns or right-wing politics. I don't think he could feign interest in anime or video games if he tried because he's autistic like me and can't lie or fake emotions (unless it's to hide his alcoholism).

metoo, it made me happy when my dad showed interest in the battle of jojo.

i showed it to my whore mom and she said that i should stop telling to cute girls about it and that she only sees it to me because she is my mom

mf when i almost cried when my dad showed interest

mfw wanted to kill my mother

Attached: 1540182681376s.jpg (125x118, 2K)

fucking stupid shit is that op?

>"There's more to life than them games and that computer son", he says as he watches the same shit he's seen a thousand times yet again with his beer
Same story when I was a teenager and living with my parents. Basically drinking himself to sleep in front of some retarded reality shows on tv and saying how computers are bad.

>tfw mom buys me solder without even asking
>tfw supports me doing stuff even if she doesn't get it at all
why are you so ungrateful

>dad destroys your belongings and beats you because he disagrees with your interests again

If you're old enough to post here you're old enough to do something about that. Kill him if you have to.

Me and my stepfather used to collect Clint Eastwood flicks together, we watched lots of bad movies together as well, poking fun at how bad they were.
We also went to the gym together when I was younger.
I really like my stepfather, he's very nice and all, but he didn't have any real interests except for watching movies and training so my mother divorced him after 17 years of being together, since he did nothing but lay down at the sofa and watch TV when they were together.
My real dad was a gambling alcoholic though.

>read this thread
>feel like my dad us a mix of a lot of these
>get super scared of him eventually dying
I don't know how I'll survive, he's basically the only person I care about

>dads tries to be a good father
>REEEEE GET AWAY NORMIE

>my mother divorced him after 17 years of being together, since he did nothing but lay down at the sofa and watch TV when they were together
But that's also my interests.

What is acceptable to watch with your old man?

last time i saw my dad he asked me for money for beer

fuck you op

>Dad likes vidya and got me into it
>Even today he occasionally asks what i'm playing
>We used to even play co-op or vs matches when i was a kid

Attached: 1529445291008.jpg (1024x768, 77K)

If I was a parent, I would be open with my kid, and I would tell them that if they did what I wanted to do for a few hours, we can do what they want to do for a few hours. So that we can learn about each other's interests and hobbies. I would want to actually be close to my kids instead of distant like my dad was.

>dad gets paid off from his job
>spends his money on a holiday for him and my sister
>me and mum do nothing
>parents aren't separated
>dad does not look for new job
>2 years later
>no job
>Dad complains no one cleans up the house
>Mum complains shes working 40+ hours a week and hes sitting doing fuck all
>Dad starts lying at family gatherings about having a job
>I just stare at him
>feel like going full sperg and telling everyone
>restrain my self

sad feels laddos

Attached: 1tajvp.jpg (150x150, 4K)

I miss my dad. Fuck.

I didn't deserve him anyway.

Go fuck yourself OP, I'd give anything for my parents to do this. They've never taken an interest in anything I liked.

happens to the best of us negroids orinalo

Attached: 1459723947916.jpg (440x660, 75K)

My dad always called my nerdy hobbies "faggot shit" and would routinely burn my comic books so I could end up acting like a man.

My sister just had a kid and I'm really looking forward to playing vidya and doing stuff with him when he's a little older, sure hope he doesn't view me that way though.

kind of a shithead mate, you really don't deserve your dad.

OP is a nigger, i wish i had a dad around. i would have killed to have some kind of father growing up. this thread hurts me in a way i cant even describe