Ricepill me Jow Forums

what is best rice and where to get it? do rice cookers matter? what do you guys put on your rice??

Attached: rice.jpg (500x500, 22K)

Rice and meat vertical diet add some chicken stock and its delicious

Basmati.
The Indian subcontinent.
No, but they are convenient.
Literally anything, with onion and curry powder.

brown rice desu

Basmati.
No, Just use a deep pan.
Nothing, but a little butter is good.

ol
this although I'm more partial to Japanese rice nothing really beat basmati gi index and convenience in prep and cooking its practically natural pasta.
Pilaf is super easy to can even add rosteissery chicken to go extra lazy on it.

is there a certain brand of basmati that is better than others? i dont really have many options since i live in the boonies so im probably just going to look in nearby grocery stores

Is it worth it to get brown basmati over white one?

Koshihikari, basmati, and jasmine are all types you should have. Good rice doesn't need much on it. Cilantro and lime works well on jasmine. Rice cookers are amazing. Pic related, my rice cooker.

Attached: 20190619_213215.jpg (4032x3024, 3.22M)

I just buy a 20lb. Bag at walmart.

Here’s how I make rice:
Little over 1 cup of rice
Little under 1 cup of water
Mix together in a regular pot with a big chonk of a butter patty as it heats to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn heat to low and cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes.

Super fluffy every time. Sometimes it’ll burn and stick to the bottom, but I find that the more butter you use the less likely it’ll stick.

How to cook basmati.

3.5 cups boiling water in pan.
Add 2 cups rice, cover, put on low.
Wait 19min.

A rice cooker is a waste of space in your kitchen.

this is a tightly kept secret but i put ketchup on rice... how fucked is my mind??

Is it weird to like Rice plain?

I just like the somewhat soft texture of it on top of it's slightly bitter but moist taste.

Rice has barely any nutrition. Only good for carb loading

Basmati has like 5g of protein per cup.
It is also the lowest rice on the glycemic index.

Rice cookers are fantastic. I use mine all the time but I also eat rice and chicken two meals a day everyday

Why does everybody like basmati? Is it just the taste or is it healthiest?

Japanese Sushi rice.

You will never go back to anything else

>Basmati/Jasmine rice is pajeet tier garbage
>Brown rice is for peasants with the same skin color
>Regular long grain white is for white trash because it's also trash
>Sushi rice, perfect texture, perfect taste, cooks well, goes with anything, and the same people that made it also drew the anime titties you jerk off to

Samurai ate rice and barley and were chads

Parboiled is best.

You can use a rice cooker or pan - whichever you prefer. I usually just add a small drizzle of olive oil.

205/4.3 = 47.7 calories per gram of protein
For reference, Whey is 5 calories per gram of protein

Attached: Capture.jpg (335x620, 46K)

Ultimate ricepill.

>Jasmine Rice
Smells like flowers
>nosalt
Don't have to worry about retaining water or extra calories
>hot sauce
A little bit goes a long way and doesn't fuck your macros

Japanese rice is GOAT and mogs indian rice. And rice cookers don't matter, just have a heavy lid on a pot.

rice is just fucking little breads

Complete with the umai stock?

Attached: 1559154719207.png (447x378, 11K)

Jasmine or Japanese
Super convenient and a gift from god, but you're fine with a pot and a heavy lid
Everything. Egg friend rice is GOAT for breakfast

Don't be an idiot.
Protein is 4 calories per gram.
Carbs 4 calories per gram.
Fat 9 calories per gram.
Look it up, before you argue with me.

Buckwheat is only acceptable grain for me

Attached: m4d1a42c.jpg (570x320, 37K)

Basmati is based best rice

Not everyone wants to eat 45g carbs to get 4.3g of protein. You're better off eating beans, oats, potatoes, whole grains, etc.

>Buckwheat

Attached: 1511483367826.png (325x282, 72K)

Not that poster but why are you worried about protein from your carb sources? Just eat carbs for carbs and protein for protein

You can get more protein and nutrients with less food.

WHITE
H
I
T
E

what is bulking?

Getting bigger by eating lots of calories and proteins. Milk is a far better food to bulk on

Not at all fucked. Asians do this shit all the time, especially for little kids. They typically grow out of it

>gi index

Generally thought to have the best taste. I knew a guy that likened it as the Ferrari of rice, while jasmine was like the Mercedes. Any other rice was like a Ford Focus

yeah people with diabetes or are prediabetic don't exist in record numbers or anything

hey man i love my ford focus, thing is zippy af

Attached: my car.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Only buy jasmine or basmati rice from California.
It has the least amount of arsenic.

>Tamanishiki Brown.

Hard to cook right, a rice cooker with a brown-rice setting will make wonders. These also have a keep-warm seting and will cook you steel-cut oats just right (taste beyond anything instant). The convenience of set-forget is worth every penny and it just generally rock.

>Furikake
Ad just some crunchiness and flavour.

Don't buy rice from India and other creepy shitholes. You know what don't buy rice at all.

Neuro Fuzzy without a doubt is the best brand of rice maker. I envy you brother.

sushi rice is best taste wise. brown rice is the healthiest, and you can cook it with some chicken stock added to keep it from tasting like shit

RINSE YOUR RICE FIRST, BROS. get rid of all the excess starch...the water should be nearly clear when you're done.

Why? That makes no sense. Just eat whatever you need to eat.

>RINSE YOUR RICE FIRST
Worked in a high end Thai restaurant for years. This is the trick to getting the most out of rice.