This is William Murray of England. Winner of one of the first Bodybuilding competitions...

This is William Murray of England. Winner of one of the first Bodybuilding competitions. Hosted by Eugen Sandow and with judges including Sandow himself and Arthur Conan Doyle.

This was held in 1901 and some of the judging criteria included
>General development
>Equality or balance of development
>The condition and tone of the tissues
>General health
>Condition of the skin
Rather than just being hugely muscular.

What do you think of his physique?

Attached: William Murray, Early BB Champion.jpg (1320x1600, 102K)

manlet

Looks terrible except for his legs

his legs are all retarded

As someone himself with terrible legs, could you elaborate? I'll say mostly that, I think they look better than mine do.

It WAS 1901, people were, on the average, a bit shorter then.

Certainly his sport has come long way and its way superior right now than what it used to be.

Look at the fuckin stompers on this lad, absolute UNIT. Probly worked 12 hours a day and lived off oats and 2 pounds of meat a week.

>that fugging ribcage
how do I make ribcage gains?

He definitely looks pretty good in my opinion. He may not be a beast, or utterly shredded... but, I'd be lying if I said by regular person standards he didn't look pretty good.

Just breath in as much as you can.

Quite honestly he could destroy 99% of modern men in a fight. This was before the onions epidemic.

What is it with these really old bodybuilders having insane cores and mediocre arms? A product of the times?

respect your ancestors zoomer

Thank u OP. Saved and gonna use for weaponized autism on this board for the rest of /fits/ existence

Attached: Screenshot_20190619-225736_Gallery.jpg (1080x2094, 427K)

someone saw the omar isuf video

The what now?

You know, I'm not sure myself. Maybe it has something to do with what they had at the time to work with? I imagine 1901 was still a point in time when weight training in general was kind of a rarity (I seem to recall that as late as the 1930s, doctors advised against it for a variety of reasons) combined with getting most of one's workout through manual labor?

Not sure how that'll help, but go for it.

Weirdly enough, I had not. I just thought it would be fun to compare the winner of the oldest Bodybuilding Competition I could think of ("The Great Competition" hosted by Sandow) against modern expectations of bodybuilders.

His phisique looks pretty mediocre to be honest but it's much better than the freakshow of modern bodybuilding.

By that statement, where do the denizens of Jow Forums think Sandow himself would rate?

Attached: Sandow.jpg (683x1024, 125K)

unironically looks like shit

Well... that's worrying, since he looks better than I do...

i would be a gigachad in the 1900 if i was born that time

in this era im nothing but a larping skelly DYEL

Attached: 20190618_165433.jpg (1080x1920, 958K)

Chest is a bit lacking (more due to insertions than development) and he's a little too endomorphic but aside from that Sandow had a really good physique.

stop fishing for compliments faggot

This is William Murray of Evanston, Illinois
Born 1950

accomplishments include:
>Stripes
>Caddy Shack
>Ghostbusters

Attached: lifeaquatic2.jpg (450x300, 10K)

Hes got good definition in them. You can clearly see the vmo which is great for leg physique

lol

That's a pretty bad pose to highlight your muscles. He looks like shit that way. But one of the thing I've noticed with these old time bodybuilders is that they're severely lacking in the chest department. Did they just not train it?

Looks worse than the average gym rat today.

>Did they just not train it?
Yup. Bench press was created as a replacement for OHP in powerlifter competitions because the fuckers were cheating by leaning back too much. In the 60s or 70s. Right around the time you started seeing pillow pecs.

Not my people, get ancestor mogged DWARF

the duality of man

It's odd how much more developed his lower body is compared to his upper body. I'm not sure how he won based on a criteria of "proportions". He has the physique of a sprint cyclist.