Calluses

So I've been training for a while now (4 months) and finally reached that sweet lmao4pl8 DL, but afterwards my calluses on my right hand just tore open. Does /fit have some jedi trickery vs these annoying things? I want to keep trying to set new PR's but these things hurt your lift. As of now, when they tear I just cut off the skin and apply some Vaseline. I don't want to wear pussy gloves and sadly I don't think I can use chalk in my gym.

What do?

Attached: hand-rips-300x225.jpg (300x225, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4
youtube.com/watch?v=LAvMuCT3BWQ
youtu.be/ZeNlbl5Bg6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wear gloves

chalk is good

I dont mind calluses. I'm actually worried about my lost fingerprints. The skin is the tip of my fingers are permanently dried up and the fingerprints are gone.

Don't know if I stop the contact with the bar everyday then after a while my skin goes back to normal.

Shoulda tried reattaching them
How are you holding your grip

Won't that mess up your manicure princess

1 hand underhand (left) 1 overhand (right). Now that I think of it, I always do that when deadlifts go > 150 kg. Should I also alternate hand positions to even it out?

>jedi trick
>die star fuck faggot.

Attached: 54247837_413297652561694_3549798385768726528_n.jpg (320x320, 11K)

Normal calluses don't bother me, but when they rip they actually hurt my lifts, so that bugs me a bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4

Tape torn calusses
Chalk up excessively
Don't be a bitch and grip through the pain

fix your grip. calluses happen when that piece of skin gets compressed between the fingers and the palm, with practice you can fix your gripping technique and avoid them altogether.

Thanks, this is some sound advice!

thanks man, good video.

Attached: ib33h45zjyk21.png (449x347, 302K)

Anyone else getting calluses not on the base of the fingers but a little bellow the first line of the finger? Shit sucks because those you will feel on your penis.

Attached: 1560590383870.jpg (602x850, 148K)

Just grind them down with a pumice stone before they get too big and then tear.

Pretty much this.

I started rock climbing at an indoor gym a couple months ago, calluses all the time.

Just get a sandpaper hand file and shred those shits in between lifts.

Use a razor to shave off the dead skin. Then unironically pee on your hand. Do it in the shower then wait 2-5 mins and shower afterwards.

I've done that but I just get the exact same problem on my fingers instead.

I trim mine down whenever they start tugging too much, that way I still have rougher hands and don't have to risk ripping my hand open when i pull heavy.

Just don't trim too much because that's way fucking worse.

came here to post this

4pl in 4 months? nice

Piss on your hands in the shower. Seriously. Hit your feet too if you have blisters.

Yeah lm here to ask how the fuck he did that?

I just use a nail clipper to clip them, never drawn blood or anything

no don't bother doing that. scrape or cut your calluses off.
I usually clip the tops with nail clippers

Give it two weeks and you'll have proper, sturdy calluses. Grit your teeth untill then

Tape. Ribbon it, or just wrap it.

4 5lbs plates.

>4 months
>been training for a while now

Attached: 37980890-674C-4735-9A76-9654675E5EDB.jpg (700x516, 28K)

>tells you to pee on yourself regularly
>doesn't tell you why you should do it
kek

You're holding the bars wrong. The bar is supposed to be located in the first part of the fingers, not the palm.

This. I used to have terrible callouses but this has helped a lot.

>I don't think I can use chalk in my gym
Find a new gym. Failing that, use liquid chalk.

>I don't think I can use chalk in my gym.
Go to a gym that doesn't suck. You could also use liquid chalk, they probably won't notice.
youtube.com/watch?v=LAvMuCT3BWQ

Also watch the video linked in It's much much less severe because there is much less loose skin to compress.

Since when removing calluses you have a chance to create an infection. And pissing over it helps prevent it.

Its because your own piss contains something I believe its sodium that causes this, but it helps kill bacteria, and its often prescribed when dealing with athlete's foot

youtu.be/ZeNlbl5Bg6E
Use chalk while doing deadlifts and wash your hands after working out. Use a moisturizer after your workout or before going to bed.
Cut your calluses if you need to.

>shopping at Publix
Kek

If you’re in a commercial non powerlifting gym then you’re most likely not using a deadlifting bar with the best knurling. I found doing the opposing grip minimizes it but also just giving it time builds the calluses to where they stop hurting so bad and get tough as hell. You can always try wrapping them or using straps while they’re torn, it’s better than nothing. At my old gym the coach just rips them off and fills them with chalk though. I’m sure you can use a tiny bit of chalk to do this, it would make a minimal mess. Or.... just cut them off and add them to your protein shakes

1.) Piss doesn't prevent infections.
2.) Even if piss did prevent infections, there are a million other things one can use/buy that are way more effective at doing that.

If you want to pee on yourself as a creepy fetish, whatever, it's your body. Just stop pretending like there's some logical reason for it.

If this pic is your hand, or if these are the same calluses you have, and you got them from deadlifting, then youre gripping the barbell wrong. You have these calluses from using a pushing grip on a pulling movement

I always overhand so friction doesn't have a pulling motion on my calluses

how the fuck do you go from 0 to 4pl8 in 4 months?

either you are a massive nigger or larping

It's easy when you are a manlet and doing sumo, or when you have really long arms.
I have long arms, my starting point was 3plates conventional.

>4pl8
>4 months

I'm a beta bitch fuck, but that definitely seems like way too fast to be able to lift that much that fast. Got any more info to enlighten us?

>What is sumo
>What is being short
>What is having long arms
>What is not being a skelly your whole life

this

No one starts at 0 with the deadlift
I started training in my 20s and I was fat, the first time I deadlifted I pulled 100 for two, next week after I got used to it it was 120 for 5. Now 6 months later I'm pulling 200 sumo for reps

This is bait. You don’t get to 4pl8 in 4 months. And you know how to fucking deal with callouses long before you get there.

cope

Based grugs

>4 plates in 4 months
Whew, I am not going to make it.