Do you want to know why so see so many dyels...

Do you want to know why so see so many dyels? Do you want to know why your friend who has supposedly been working out for months but can't bench 1pl8 is so fucking weak? Look no further than these faggot roiding trainers/influencers. They give DYELS trying to build muscle terrible advice and put them on their stupid fucking juice brosplit training that they get results from because they're frauding wankers

Great example: A league of legends youtuber DYEL trying to get bigger being led completely astray by the huge retard in pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=dGrvFx0vozs

Attached: ss+(2019-06-20+at+05.21.55).jpg (1214x645, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/evidence-ceiling-effect-training-volume-trained-men-research-review.html/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sounds like you were the DYEL that tried the routine and failed. Even if it's a bro split if you ate enough and actually put effort into it you would grow.

>never lift weights before in life
>lift weights and grow muscle
"wow dude see? bro splits work you retard, don't even worry about not being able to bench 1pl8, not being able to ohp the bar or deadlift but hey at least you have 1/5th the muscle mass and strength SS RETARDS have!!"

Attached: 1529636335403.jpg (1841x2579, 957K)

What you're saying op is not new. I see all the time dyels in the gym doing meme workouts with curls, side raises, machine flyes and shrugs. Most people have no idea what they actually want, so they just mix everything up and do as many machines as they can. I think most trainers dont really give a shit, they see you a dyel who 'just wants to get toned' of course he's not gonna entrust you with heavy compounds.
Not really, if you're a skelly no amount of splits will help you build thick arms and a wide back. You actually need to build a base with compounds and diet.

95% of personal trainers should be in jail for scamming their clients and giving borderline harmful advice. The fitness industry is like any other industry: they are there to make money by charging you as much as possible while giving you as little as possible in return and that applies to all aspects including gyms themselves, PTs and supplements. The reason why PTs make you do easy af machine isolations is because A) they have to do as little of their job as possible and basically just count reps for you and B) you cannot hurt yourself and hold them liable. Also 99% of the people who pay for PTs are gonna quit after a few months anyway so why bother doing something actually complex and putting your trainee on a solid plan when you can have them do simple shit that feels taxing and feels like progress. Influencers are the biggest scam out of the bunch, majority of them (especially women) arent fit at all they just use camera tricks and editing to sell some scam product to desperate normies (men just juice the fuck out of themselves and pretend X product gave them the results). Never take advice from someone who is paid to promote that particular advice.

>if you're a skelly
It doesn't matter whether you're skeleton or skinny fat. If you eat at caloric surplus and lifted weights you'll grow.
>You actually need to build a base with compounds and diet
Decent splits routine does have compounds. what kind of shitty splits did you find? If someone was a complete noob who has never set foot into the gym, then SS is a great routine to try for 2~3 months but realistically if they wanted to get gains from doing splits with compounds it is totally possible.

I can not think of a more suitable time to say post timestamped body, faggot

the problem isnt with splits, its with shitty bro splits where there are no compounds at all and the entire program consists of machine isolations because compounds are scary and difficult for these dyels so they waste their time and money doing borderline useless shit

Did you even watch the video in OP post retard
The guy is literally doing Z E R O main compound movements

this. The problem is that this guy is paying some roided asshole to count his reps on a program that consists of
>different curls
>tricep pushdown
>tricep extensions
>some half assed situps
And thats it. This program is borderline useless and he is actually paying someone for that

bro splits are just garbage though, they always lead to junk volume on any given session, you can't recover from too much volume in a single session.

case in point

the groups that trained with 5-10 sets a week for each muscle group made the most gains across the board, the 5 sets group made the same gains as the 10 sets group and the 5 sets group was the only group that didn't regress, the 15 sets group made noticeably less gains and even started to regress at the end, the 20 sets group started regressing sooner and made almost no gains by the end of the study in some muscle groups.
the 5 sets group went from a 10x96kg bench to a 120x10 bench during the full duration of the study and made the MOST strength gains across the board, that's 5 sets of fucking pushing exercises

bro splits are fucking retarded
there's a limit to how much volume you can do in a single session and still be productive, and it is very low in naturals, 5 sets per musclegroup in a single session is plenty for a natural while most trainers make you do fucking 20 fucking sets in a single fucking day for no reason.

Attached: 64393810_2348337555224066_8324540136054325248_n.jpg (682x960, 57K)

Youre forgetting that 95% of Jow Forums either doesnt lift at all or are complete dyels who spout their inane bullshit they took from roiders

Yes this shit has ravaged the fitness community
I see nattys go to the gym and do stupid fuckign cable exercises and machines all night, like they're fine as an add on but these frauding monkeys have made them think that they're the best thing for you
It's also tempting to them to never do compound lifts because the hypertrophy exercises are simple and leave you with soreness so they think its working

HAVE SEX

Wait fuck but this is where I always get lost so
this is what I do for Push so this 2 times a week
4x5, 1x5+ bench press
3x8-12 overhead press
3x8-12 incline dumbbell press
3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

so im doing 3-5 sets for each compound muscle and then some accessory work so im good right?

that is a perfectly fine workout

3 day split or machine vs compound is irrelevant. They don't grow because they don't change their eating habits.
I know because I was stuck for 1y and couldn't lift 1 kg more. It took me 1y to figure out that muscle wouldn't grow with pasta

Attached: 1487475278233.png (599x338, 289K)

If you gonna do a split, focus on just the bench. Once you can lift 2pl8/2.5pl8 ( 80-100kg), add dumbbel flies, incline/decline etc.

I don't wanna give you nocebo effect, but you might wanna read this
bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/evidence-ceiling-effect-training-volume-trained-men-research-review.html/

doing more volume than you need is the fastest way to stall and regress, that and not eating enough

>>different curls
>>tricep pushdown
>>tricep extensions
>>some half assed situps
>>borderline useless and he is actually paying someone for that
Those are not useless, sounds like you don't do them at all lol.

>Did you even watch the video in OP post retard
The guy is literally doing Z E R O main compound movements
>Compound movements
>Video titled (((ARM))) day.
Yeah ok let's do some squats and get some bicepz right?

Attached: pepe_2.jpg (1200x1200, 335K)

>If you eat at caloric surplus and lifted weights you'll grow.
Yes but my point was you cant just do any exercise and you'll grow. Side raises and curls wont do shit for your overall bulk. You need ohp and chinups, then you can expect some growth. Dyels in the gym spend a lot of time and energy on doing isolations when they sould go all in on heavy compounds.

>5-10 sets a week for each muscle group
That means I would bench 1 day per week? That's absurd

>You need ohp and chinups, then you can expect some growth
That's why you do your OHP on shoulder day split, and wide grip/ Narrow chin ups/pull ups on a back day split. It's all included in the program

>that's absurd
well it's how it works for natties
all the groups trained a musclegroup once a week, the 5 set group did just 2 sets of flat bench, 2 sets of incline bench and 1 set of military press and made the same muscle gains as the 10 set group and the same strength gains too.

5 sets of pressing only(no isolation), done once a week, gives you maximum results even if you already trained(the 5 set group average started off with a 10RM bench of 96kg and ended up with a 10RM of 120kg, in 6 months time).

there's a reason why squatting and benching and deadlifting each once a week was the norm until the rise of the internet, it's what worked best.

Never understood why you need a personal trainer when everything is online for you to read.
I went to gym with no clear routine or any help, everything I learned were from simple YouTube videos and few articles I found through Google.
I just can't imagine paying someone to show you how to do biceps curls.. then again, I am poor af

DYELs are DYELs because they are not pushing themselves to the limits. They are not pushing themselves at all.
They come to the gym and feel comfortable browsing on their phones and shit. You literally see people doing crunches or leg extensions while
being on their phone. You never see them doing exercises like pull ups, deadlifts, dips, squats, because those actually require work.

Might sound stupid but what is considered a compound movement? I understand that OHP, deadlift, benchpress, squats are compound movements. Are things like pullups also compound movements?

That's not true, old-timers (from early 20th century to the 602 and 70's) started with fullbody programs.

Brosplits didn't become prevalent until the 80's and 90's. With the internet now we're "rediscovering" old-timey tested and proven routines.

The thing is, that eveyr training prorgrma has its uses. When you're starting out, you just need to apply enough stress to your body to force it to get bigger and stronger. As you progress, you need more volume because you need to progressively increment the stress your body requires to force an adaptation while still being able to recover from workout to workout, the more volume, the more time needed to recover.

For the vast majority of natty trainees the most effectuve progression would be something like:

-Fullbody (3xweek)
-Split (muscle group/bodypart 2xweek)
-Muscle group/bodypart 1-2xweek

If you're jumping to the third step when you have less than two years of serious training under your belt, you're gonna see progress for some time but you're shortchanging yourself in the long run.

Literally everyone I've seen starting out with brosplits has plateau'ed at two years or jumped to roiding.

>That's not true,
I am talking about actual lifters not bodybuilders
the norm since the dawn of powerlifting has always been training a big lift once a week, without excessive volumes.
and when higher volumes were used the frequency was increased, but high volume and low frequency was never the norm, which is what actual bro splits are.
>Literally everyone I've seen starting out with brosplits has plateau'ed at two years or jumped to roiding.
This is what I am saying, you are not contradicting anything of what I actually said.

There's a limit to how much gains you can get from any given session, meaning that trashing your muscles each once a week is terrible for natties, spreading the volume throughout the week is better, but the need to actually train more often than once a week isn't even that clear cut, there are plenty of actual natties in powerlifting and bodybuilding who train a musclegroup only once a week and have elite stats.
those dudes ho did fullbody very often back inthe 60's and 50's didn't train very hard at all, yo u can't use them as an example of what's optimal
if you train actually hard(meaning to muscular failure) you don't benefit from more frequency than once a week or higher volume than 10 sets per musclegroup a week at all.

Nice pic of your body, champ.

Trick2g is funny af and drives a based GTR oh forgot to add makes 400k+ yearly playing video games

Movements that require different muscle groups to work in unison, as opposed to isolations which require just that one muscle.

Couldn't say it better bro

can someone explain these numbers to my retarded ass?

Can someone explain all this talk about brosplits to a complete brainlet?
If you are a DYEL and divide your training into 4 days a week, training lower body on two days, back and biceps on one day, and compound exercises like bench press and triceps on other, would that be a decent workout routine?
I'm struggling to follow the thread.

Yes, that is a decent workout routine.
I do back and biceps two days a week.
Chest, triceps and shoulders two days a week.
And legs two days a week.

Stronger than most of the retards on this forum despite not focusing on strength.

Yea bro agreed *dab* he's really lit I would let him fuck my sister while I play fortnite, and that's the tea

>Do you want to know why so see so many dyels?
Because they don’t try.

2pl8/2.5pl8 is 100-120 not 80-100