I can't feel anything in my pecs during chest training

Started lifting really recently (3 weeks ago), everytime I go to the gym and do chest exercices with my friends, i don't feel anything in my pecs. I only feel stuff near my biceps region. Am i supposed to feel something once I'm more experimented at the gym?

Attached: D3AnPHVW0AADtt4.jpg (512x412, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w93lenX2HUA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sort your form out maybe decrease the weight and go slower

i guess guetting a "squeeze" is the most important thing here, you're right I'll try that

>Started lifting really recently
There's the problem, if you're form is bad then fix it. But generally beginners don't feel anything at first (this was also the case for me), your chest will still grow and you should feel more once you reach 70 to 80 kilos.

Attached: 1558321315190.png (731x540, 422K)

I have the same problem OP
I'm pretty sure I'll end up with gyno shaped pecs anyway if I manage to make gains

This

Your pecs just need some time to catch up to your arm strength since you're just starting out. I’d bet you’re not feeling rows in your back either just yet.

You’ll notice a shift in time. Just keep at it.

Attached: 2E696CE3-4C39-4FD6-A47E-04DC12933C0E.jpg (375x375, 53K)

You don’t necessarily need to feel sore. What chest exercises are you doing?

Do mid cable chest flys. Pull your shoulders back and when you fly squeeze your chest as much as you can.

Curious, have you been able to activate your lats during back exercises?

It's probably that your let your shoulders go forward and help your chest too much.

Shoulders should be locked back and unshrugged.

im new and get this too op
am i supposed to like sort of lift as if i'm bringing my hands together when i bench? (obviously my hands are on the bar so they dont come together but more of like a squeezing my chest together motion) rather than pushing up from the shoulders/elbows?

Arouf gangsta

You need 4 exercises with 3x10 reps each At 80% of your max load.
I recomend:
Bench
Incline dumbell press
Pseudo pushups
Flys (cable, not dumbell)
Decline bench/weighted dips

change to lighter weight and slow down as you go through the movement. really try to hold the weight as it comes down, and visualise the peccs activating to support your shoulders and arms.

Damn, it's the first time i post here, Jow Forums really is a good place for gym questions. I'm going to the gym right now, i'm going to apply all your comments

Attached: 1560508014370.jpg (1000x1151, 363K)

> Jow Forums really is a good place for gym questions

oh boy, oh boy

Attached: 017.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Lol. Came here a week ago. The good vibes are contagious. Get you a good one in and have a good day.

Retract your scapula, shoulders back and down. Think about lifting it by pulling your shoulders back while keeping your chest as high as possible. Slow down on the negative path of the bar and you should feel more burn as well

On bench pinch shoulderblades together and pull your pecs up arching your back
When you unrack the barbell "load" your chest by putting the tension of the barbell onto your chest using your brain to imagine the stretching of your chest muscles ready to contract to push the weight up

Attached: 1560886917838.jpg (679x679, 132K)

mdr
youtube.com/watch?v=w93lenX2HUA

You'll get the feeling with time, better form and a better mind muscle connection. If youbwant it quicker do a light set of cable crossovers before your pec exercises as a warm up, or just incorporate that exercise properly

Arouf partout meme dans ton trou

Attached: D8A9iuoXUAIXirV.jpg (604x694, 27K)

ptn il fait pitié ce type marre de le voir partout i started training chest only with push ups to get that mind muscle connection, maybe try this instead of bench press and try to get to 20 pushups in a row