/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

*** Olympic Weightlifting General ***

Hey lads, didn't see a thread so I made one.
I'm very interested in starting olympic weightlifting into my routine (I come from powerlifting)
I started doing doing cleans/power cleans into my routine already and I quite enjoy the usage of full body and full body power into a movement. It's very addicting. I'm passed 1/2/3/4 so I have a good base of strength.
I was wondering how stupid it is to be self-taught olympic lifts?
I was thinking of just trying to clean and jerk and snatch at the end of my usual workouts and then eventually learning the form slowly through trial and error. I don't really have the excess funds for a coach (not sure if they are expensive). Is this dangerous at all?, or kinda OK to do?

Attached: 1560235065251.webm (1336x748, 2.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aDHznEO3zts
youtube.com/watch?v=FPJPGhCvL6s
youtube.com/watch?v=g5a_shLmj38
youtu.be/4VMPWIm5Nzo
youtube.com/watch?v=EeHkRfjeVJA
youtube.com/watch?v=D_sd8_oqp6s
youtube.com/watch?v=QCOaA3-C5Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=TLyv7cYu174
youtube.com/watch?v=C0BpapfZnOw
youtube.com/watch?v=d4CjZB27XUY
youtube.com/watch?v=7zAtajQfC8g&t=9s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWL-_a4Y3yI
youtube.com/watch?v=jS_Hd4lgnQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=QD_NhwZD_HE
youtube.com/watch?v=Atmvbw_HeoE
youtube.com/watch?v=GGhjNVeiY4I
youtube.com/watch?v=j4MLH0IvsRM
youtube.com/watch?v=tXhw13icxtY
youtube.com/watch?v=NzYrIpYJhbY
youtube.com/watch?v=v08AGIA7sAM
instagram.com/p/By5x-KVhyVX/?igshid=1xui4w97leefn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1560882306502.webm (640x640, 2.2M)

If you’re going to be your own coach, get Greg Everett’s book.

Thanks, will check it out when I come back from the gym. About to go now. Gonna do clean and jerk and snatch at the end of my workout for practice lol. Lord help me

Name one real life thing getting good at "olympic" (nothing about you or what you do is olympic unless you're at the fucking olympics) weightlifting would help with?
Weightlifters could never do what this powerlifter did.
>youtube.com/watch?v=aDHznEO3zts

Doing snatches near glass

>ever

I know i will never, and I mean never, go to the olympics. I'm too weak and too old for that shit. I just want to learn the lifts because I find them quite fun, and cleaning/power cleaning is already helping me with my sport goals

tfw will never be enslaved and put in training camps from age 6 destined to become the greatest olympic lifter for your nation

>Not snatching the car
Powerlifter plebs

Why is team japan so cucked?

Why does she wait before trying to go after it?

Funny thing is if you can power clean 300lbs you can deadlift 600lbs forsure

She’s a stupid American, who dropped her coach and got fat. What do you expect from her?

>being this much of a salty washed up powerlifter
Go fuck yourself faggot, I play footy professionally and credit it all to power cleans. The speed, transition of power and direction change gives you the sport edge nobody else seems to do. But what would you know lol

Have any of the lifters follow shared any training session videos lately? If so, feel free to share. I like watching them while im at work because it gets me pumped up to lift when i get home

oww my back

ow my wrist

Still trying to remove valgus from my squat. making progress but its hard to say if im making the right move.

how do i progress on muscle cleans ?

Huh

I got a 101kg Snatch push press double and a 80kg muscle snatch, but also I’m a 102kg class sooo

whats your squat, deadlift clean and jerk numbers and OHP numbers?

also how much can you muscle clean ?

youtube.com/watch?v=FPJPGhCvL6s
youtube.com/watch?v=g5a_shLmj38
youtu.be/4VMPWIm5Nzo
youtube.com/watch?v=EeHkRfjeVJA
youtube.com/watch?v=D_sd8_oqp6s
youtube.com/watch?v=QCOaA3-C5Oo
youtube.com/watch?v=TLyv7cYu174
youtube.com/watch?v=C0BpapfZnOw
youtube.com/watch?v=d4CjZB27XUY
youtube.com/watch?v=7zAtajQfC8g&t=9s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWL-_a4Y3yI
youtube.com/watch?v=jS_Hd4lgnQ4
ive got a competition in july and im aiming for 130/165
Will probably officially convert to christianity in august.

Attached: chariot-wheel-sun-temple-konark-orrisa-india-dh1pge.jpg (640x457, 151K)

earache, my eye !

What specifically are you doing for the valgus?

Just limiting squat weight to what i can do with little to no valgus. not sure what else i can do. warming up with stuff like cossack squats as well

bump

Try some bulgarian split squats, those thrash my glute medius pretty good, which might help with your knee valgus. Also, i have seen people do squats with a closed loop band (like the Slingshot hip circle band) right above their knees to help correct that problem. Also, it could be possible that your adductors need more strengthening too since you stretch them so much (i have seen videos of you doing side splits and whatnot). Sprints are great for that but there are all kinds of excercises for the adductors that you can find if you choose to look into it.

You honestly sound like my skinny ass friend who questions why anyone would want to workout or do sports. He seriously thinks everyone does it to prepare for a fight in the near future

Attached: 1537298684461.jpg (300x256, 19K)

yeah i think my adductors are weak aswell. i warm up with single leg squats aswell so i think im basically covering all of the bases but maybe i'll go meme mode and do some bulgarian split squats as well

lmao @ this meme """""sport"""""

How high do you guys catch your cleans?

Dude the bulgarian split squats are fucking based, do them at the end of your workout, 4 x 8 each leg with weight that you handle without being all wobbly.

like 10cm above parallel lol

I have no concept of timing and the bar crashes on me in the receiving position

Attached: ilya.jpg (570x570, 65K)

try tempo squats with band above knees

how to become as thick, solid, and tight as toshiki?

be 5'6"

owwie my elbows

I haven’t tested maxes lately, volume work for days baby please

Women aren't just measurably, quantifiably, objectively, undeniably physically inferior to men, but they're also kind of stupid.

Idk i just do

Greg Everett will only take you so far. He is derivative in his programming at best. Read the stone pierce paper, read up on how block periodization works, read McCauleys book for easy cues on how to lift (he writes so that the dumbest person can understand him). That’s just step one, but absolutely disregard any Soviet derived masturbatory material like Takano

I probably watched this 100 times before realizing that's Mattie Rogers

Be short femur bow legged nipponese

gd luck Comissar!

Attached: 4BC80A26-6DFF-4CFD-B5D9-05DBD9F87AC6.jpg (1434x1076, 336K)

depends on the weight

pls dun let owg die

Knee still fucked
Started foam rolling quads today, should hopefully help a bit

Squat with resistance band around your legs and focus on the abduction

youtube.com/watch?v=QD_NhwZD_HE
youtube.com/watch?v=Atmvbw_HeoE
youtube.com/watch?v=GGhjNVeiY4I
youtube.com/watch?v=j4MLH0IvsRM
youtube.com/watch?v=tXhw13icxtY
youtube.com/watch?v=NzYrIpYJhbY
youtube.com/watch?v=v08AGIA7sAM
arm bend in clean is improving, split jerk feels good again for the first time in a long time. deloading pulls after today

Shit show or nah?

Attached: E121FDA7-E500-412A-9151-9CC681BE1C60.jpg (1125x1676, 183K)

Building a home gym
Because of you and spray k inspired me.

idk if you know but lately spray k just packs his bar and plates in his car and goes to the park or some public place and lifts there during his work break. pretty alpha

Lamoooo, he’s about it man. I’d feel too awkward doing that

I want to do a home gym to start teaching myself weightlifting, my regular gym doesnt allow dropping weights. Is it worth getting a good bar and bumper plates? I'm in Canada, thinking rogue ohio bar and fringesport 250lb bumper set (~$1700). OR try to scrounge up some shit on craigslist, generic chrome bar and whatever rubber plates (~$900)?

if you can afford it, go for rogue
at least a rog

* rogue bar

I'm having trouble catching the bar in the right position when I clean, anybody have any experience with using rack holds to train better flexibility in the rack position?

Attached: 1558155132647.jpg (750x739, 100K)

I was actually going to ask how many other anons here do rack holds earlier. I have been doing them myself and have seen noticable improvements with my front rack position. Im starting to do them as part of my warm ups with moderate weight and then at the end of my training with heavy weight. Another thing that seemed to help a bit was catching the bar in the front rack after every push-press repetition.

Hope that helps brah

I think the ohio bar is more a powerlifting bar iirc. See if you can get that Bomba v2 bar from fringesport if they still have it. I have most of my equipment from fringe, including that bar, and have no complaints. Its a pretty great bar for the price

NEW Republic of Gaymers™ RGB Watercooled Olympic Bar

I did front rack holds for four weeks month back. worked up to 200kg

lol

make sure to shell out for the barbell. dont buy a shitter you'll regret it. other two things you really need and arent really optional are a squat rack, plates obviously and a good platform.
it might be worth dropping about $600 on a bar and buying only a few plates at a time and building a platform on your own. maybe building some shitty squat stands with two buckets some wood and some concrete. and then you can buy more plates as you go and get some real squat stands later.

Attached: 1560679252080.jpg (980x552, 198K)

you posted an image of a dumb annoying looking retard, not getting a response from me.

What kind of picture would you like me to post commie

front rack holds arent the best thing for mobility in the front rack. just stretch your rear delts lats and chest. if the problem is weakness or you need to cement what your front rack position is then maybe front rack holds are good. people usually use those as a core exercise. might work for you to just do front rack holds though, skinning a cat

also to better learn how to catch the bar in the right position try doing cleans where you cage the bar high, like above parallel and ride it down

You're thinking of the ohio power bar, the ohio bar is marketed as a multi purpose bar. I can't find its capacity, but it's 190 ksi steel which seems to be same as the bomba, and rogue have "good whip" listed, vs fringe's "moderate whip", whatever that means. Honestly they look very similar even down to price

yeah i made the same mixup at first, had to look it up

Thanks

Yeah I was going to DIY the rest. I'm in sort of a weird sitiation with regards to space though. I have lots of outdoors area, but I don't own it and it's regularly rented out for other events. Either I lay down an easily moveable platform on the lawn near my place, or I go super autist and haul all my shit out to the woods and leave it in a shelter, maybe hike out every morning with my barbell like an ubersperg.

This

Bought the Ohio bar
Just bought 2 5kg plates and 2 10kg plates

Thinking about getting some jerk blocks and just use those as squat stands, I don’t really have the skill to build a platform nor do I want to be moving that shit around.

Attached: 0982B31C-E2FF-4D20-88E4-7028E769F17C.jpg (1024x1820, 204K)

Why’s team japan so cucked ?

Attached: 9CEAFE64-61A1-4544-9892-A2CF57AC2B59.png (321x321, 12K)

Yea i just got done looking through all the barbells from both companies, you are correct.

Last day of training before wisdom tooth removal

instagram.com/p/By5x-KVhyVX/?igshid=1xui4w97leefn

My parents have 16 acres of forest and trails going all throughtout. Once or twice a week i used to load up 100lbs and carry it through the trails, alternating from overhead to front-rack to just crarrying on my back. Made for pretty good conditioning if anything, especially if there was snow

jerk blocks are really expensive. build some instead. sounds good to use them instead of squat stands though

Have you had coaching or are you entirely self-taught?

self taught

Awesome. Same for me but im weak as fuck. Slowly making progress though, im working my way up to a bodyweight snatch (175lbs) and then after that i think i might get a coach or join a weightlifting gym for a few weeks. My best snatch is 155lbs right now so not too much further to go

Attached: mitko grablev.jpg (526x700, 58K)

I’m inept at building tho my dude

>tfw my friend fell for the ZT meme and is in one of his vids

Which one?

Haven't you had a few coaches though?

I think he means he learned the general ideas of the lifts himself.

The Clean and Press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a twiggy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing Clean and Press.

nobody gives a shit that you can hip thrust the bar off your bony, malnourished pelvis for your little bullshit wide grip "snatch". nobody cares about your ability to use the bar's whip for your silly bullshit "squat jerks".

clean. and. press. is. king.

Attached: Moments Ago.jpg (213x256, 7K)

i havent had any coaches

kind of annoying that i'll have to increase specificity approaching my competition on july 13th. hopefully i dont have to until a few days out but it depends because my levels in the snatch and the clean and jerk are not very consistent right now

justlifting?

Why ZT is bad?

hes not

He pets dogs

I want toshiki to win the 2020 Olympics. Tired of seeing China take everything.

I only see that happening if everyone else just misses their competitive attempts. It’s disappointing how he has a really good squat and tech, but his classic lifts aren’t very competitive.

>power jerk is easier than split jerk
>can move more weight
>its more fun
Give me one (1) reason not to take the power jerk pill

Split is more stable if you get the footwork down but I get where you’re coming from.

89kg is not an olympic class

>>can move more weight
Wrong. Only if you have shit split tech will you move more power