Dry fasting fucked me

Alright why the fuck haven't I heard about the dangers of fasting. I'm months out of a 4 day dry fast and I've definitely got IBS-D. Can't eat fodmaps without discomfort for hours after and if I eat too many I'll shit myself shortly after. It's been ages and it's still not better. Currently raging because I ate a banana and it's causing painful bloating.

How do I fix this? FODMAPS are like half of all foods.

Attached: 1341254723437.jpg (720x653, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

karger.com/Article/Abstract/357718
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fasting is retarded.

In a 4 day fast you burn like 8000-9000 calories, you could've burned that in 6-8 days of dieting/exercise and been better off for it.

I was told there were magical autophagy benefits and that they were especially strong on a dry fast (no water). In hindsight such an extreme thing as not eating or drinking for 4 days was fucking retarded. I'm not a fatass so maybe that made it worse.

Surely someone else has tried this meme. Snake juice fag said dry fasting is his main game now.

are you vegan?

That's what you get for listening to meme dieting retards in the internet
What the fuck did you expect?

Attached: 56464321.jpg (600x441, 118K)

nope

Lmfao why would you stop drinking water retard?

idk bro works on my machine
I dry fasted for 5 days (hard)
last day was crazy but I never had any problems

What did you eat afterwards? I ate a lot of sweet potato after and now that (sorbitol) is my biggest problem. Maybe I should do it again, might reset.

Almost every bodily functions requires water, including the conversion of fat to ATP. Why tf would you not drink water

Just use time-restricted feeding
Master your circadian rythm
Don't starve like a fool

Attached: 1549567731913.jpg (1247x885, 282K)

You sound like a huge faggot, I just achieved a new deadlift PR ten days into my dry fast

I've done a dry fast for 5 days, was probably around 18%ish bf. I didn't have any problems after, felt a lot better actually,for example my bowel movements were perfect as long as I didn't eat like total shit. If you've never fasted before and you stared out with dry fasting I can see that as a problem. If your body isn't use to to something and you out of no where crank it up to 11, I can totally see that fucking something up.

Attached: IsThatSo.png (636x239, 130K)

damn man you gotta ease into dry fasting with extreme caution. like, do SMALL water fasts for a long time first. if you're dehydrated or have toxic bowels dry fasting is going to fuck you up. i suggest if you're having a hard time digesting do some fruit smoothies for simple carbs or juices of any kind. drink and chew them too. you can ease back into normal eating after a week or so, make sure you take like a tbsp of ACV 20 min before eating a meal - that'll help your stomach acid.

I'm about to complete a 4 day dry fast today. I've done 3 day dry fasts in the past and have been doing fasting cycles for a couple months. Can't say I seen any negative side effects once I refeed.

I did the fast months ago. I eased back into food, did the ACV before meals thing. It just seems like the fast fucked with my gut flora in some way and idk how to recover it.

>falling for the fasting meme
Oh user..

Because some random guy online claims it's good to dehydrate yourself for days on end. Wonder how long it'll be before some dry faster accidently kills themselves?

Attached: 0b2e7478736578a9e6cc5e00faed14a4.jpg (325x300, 42K)

>toxic bowels
These are the people giving nutrition advice on Jow Forums

Attached: 1496687945542[1].jpg (247x200, 10K)

Do you eat much fruit or vegetables like sweet potato?

>It just seems like the fast fucked with my gut flora in some way and idk how to recover it.
Probiotics. Raw milk, kefir, sauerkraut, kombucha, kimchi ect. Basically any kind of fermented food.

I've actually been drinking like a liter of kefir a day for a month now but it doesn't seem to be helping.

What do you eat and drink in a day

I'm guessing he meant bacterial overgrowth in the bowels, which yeah, does kinda mean it's a toxic environment

Your body will naturally produce water when dry fasted. It will actually use unnecessary fat cell and convert it into 1 liter of water a day. A study done on a 5 day dry fast in 10 healthy subjects was found to be safe, improve renal function, decrease body weight, and all circumferences

No, in fact I avoid that shit. I eat Meats, Eggs, and potatoes for 90% of my diet.

Post fast I ate a lot of sweet potato, rice, sardines, eggs, banana, berries. Then I realized half of that was making my bowels flip. Now I've stopped eating sweet potato and all fruit. I'm eating regular potato and wheat in their place. I also have chicken every other day and red meat a couple times a week. Also ~800ml kefir/day now.

Ever since i began fasting, my shits have never stuck so hard to the toilet. This normal?

Didn't align your chakras bruh

Yeah none of those things have fodmaps. Did you always eat like that?

It's hard to say what's causing it, that diet seems pretty good. If it was me, i'd start with an elimination diet. Stick to the probiotics, meat and maybe a little low carb vegetables if you feel strongly about it. Do that for a week or two and see how it goes.

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
Honestly don't know why this isn't plastered on top of every board. Any user who doesn't apply it anyway is legit retarded.

I had ibs-d for two years and 2 months of 72h fasting fixed it for the most part

Soooooooooooooo

I think I've pretty much figured out the problem foods, I just want to be able to eat them again.

All the FODMAP people just seem to talk about managing symptoms and avoiding foods as if there's nothing you can do about it but I'm sure I did something to cause this so hopefully there's also some way to reverse it.

Almost like starving yourself is a bad idea reserved for desert-dwelling religious fanatics and desperate fatties who don't want to exercise enough

Water fast? Just one time?

Autophagy is real but you don't need to dry fast, you retard. Just drink water for 5 days and then juice for 2 days, and then eat normal.

I dry fast for 20 hours a day, with a 48 hour dry fast once a week, eat my meal within a 1 hour window, and my meal includes a couple bananas.
you're just a faggot. I hope you got paid for this post.

Yeah, your bowels slow down and your body processes your shit more to draw out more calories. It's normal.

I guess I could also add that I've done a 5 day dry fast and only stopped because people around me were all freaking out.
longest regular fast I've done is 9 days, first 2 days were dry next 7 were plain water.

yup
fasting is a big meme

What about intermittent fasting?I just want to lose the remaining abdominal fat,I used to not eat from 22:00 to 14:00-15:00 (depended on schedule)and I would train in the evening.
Would that make sense?Now I only train kickboxing and besides bodyweight exercises,I just run,sprint,skip rope,basically quite some cardio and I used 10kg up to 20kg dumbbells for shrugs,OHP and stuff like that.
Also is it possible to live on IF?I liked to feel so light during the morning

>dry fasting

Attached: 1524541891102.jpg (600x530, 86K)

Okay well see your problem right there is that you are drinking 800ml of kefir/day. Is the kefir store bought and therefore pasturized or is it homebrewed and bubblin over with lactobacillus and yeasts? Regardless why the fuck are you drinking 800ml/day? Ive done a similar amount and lasted about a week before I developed extreme bowel pain as well.
>How to fix
When you are flooding your intestines with a specific group of bacterial strains, you are going to depopulate other native strains that your body uses for other foods. So now you are overwhelmingly adapted to digesting lactose and other milk molecule but you aren't even drinking milk! What is feeding your microbiome? More microbes?
>tldr
You are basically inviting a fuck ton of immigrants into your house, not feeding them, and then they die. Your intestines try very hard to absorb nutrients from their carcasses but unlike meats and fats you don't have the enzymes to perfectly digest them. And then tomorrow you invite more immigrants in and the cycle repeats.

You fix this by drinking maybe 200ml of kefir and 600ml of milk instead of 800ml of kefir.

Also you are fucking retarded if you didn't research fasting properly before you tried it.

This seems like a good idea too.

Yes

Dude, did you try eating some yogurt afterwards to rebalance your microbiome? Even a probiotic pill.

Homebrewed.

I had the gut problems before kefir. That's why I started kefir in the first place. Yes, I'll start having less now since I'm not seeing benefits but the gut problems are still the same and triggered by fodmaps.

What enzymes or bacteria would you suggest me getting to digest fruit?

Yes and now I'm being told that's the problem.

>What enzymes or bacteria would you suggest me getting to digest fruit?
Fruits that already have digesting enzymes in them are good, like pineapple and papaya

Do you think you could seed and nurture a gut biome to become good with fodmaps?

I'm sure you can, but i wouldn't know the best foods or supplements to do it with.

Also, if you were having trouble digesting foods it could be a problem with your pancreas or liver and your body doesn't produce enough digestive enzymes, bile, or whatever naturally.

Link study fag or provide some way to find it

Interesting, definitely plausible.

Why the fuck do people dry fast? Shit sounds extremely retarded

karger.com/Article/Abstract/357718

Or you can water fast and exercise. Retard. Just make sure you get enough sodium and potassium and you'll be fine.

It’s a lose fat quick scheme for people who don’t want to put in the work. There’s no fucking way not eating for a week at a time is healthy.

It takes more discipline to fast than it takes to do a traditional cut. It's more time efficient, preserves more muscle, and costs you nothing. You'd be stupid to not do any type of fasting when you cut.

literally every researcher in the field of antiaging disagrees with you. Literally every animal this has been tested on had huge benefits, going from yeast cells to mice, monkeys, etc
It's the same principle as exercise. Fasting(or exercise) is a huge stress on the body, so it responds by turning on the genes that deal with stress, leaving your body better off than before you did the thing. Fasting also have the additional benefit of autophagy, dealing with bad diet related bacterial overgrowth. Also, long fasts will literally shrink you organs, consuming the cells that have the most damage/are oldest and when you start eating again you produce a massive amount(relative to normal) of stem cells, and your organs go back to normal size very quickly(within 1-2 days) and the average age/damage in your cells is lower.
Of course you shouldnt do this regularly, but occasional(once 2-3 months) long fasts are very beneficial

Should you lift on fasts? Feels like you'd have the strength of a hamster and lose all your muscle. Also, coffee okay?

why would you not drink water retard? Once i fasted for a month for 96 hour periods with 1 huge meal in between those periods but i was drinking coffee and water throughout. never felt healthier

water fasts make me way more stressed and hungry, metabolic water feels good and I swear there's some endorphin releases from your body consuming itself
just stop before you fucking die, four days is way too much without lots of prior adaptation

There's evidence, it's not because of /fast/

>Also you are fucking retarded if you didn't research fasting properly before you tried it.
Anyone who researched it properly, probably wouldn't try it at all.

I thought that thumbnail was a fat tiger

>feeding
please just say eating

Humans can survive without water for good amount of time, you know in ramadan people fast for 30 days and we dont hear them dying of dehydration. Few days are nothing.

i think dry fasting will kill you in 4 days. i dont believe you user.

Attached: runway tape chick.webm (640x640, 1.76M)

Why the fuck would you eat that of all things after a long fast? Did you not do any research at all or did you do the research and deliberately chose the worst possible thing to refeed on?

What's wrong with that? I ate sweet potato as a staple in the weeks after. When I first broke the fast I had coconut water then watermelon then bananas. Watery stuff that the meme peddlers recommend. I did research.

FODMAPS are shit anyway, go Carni

They drink every night, they only fast during daytime

I'm vegan, and I do one two day fast (72 hrs) every other week. It's been going fine since New year. Do I have a reason to be concerned?

if you fast for less than 36 hours you can lift no problem, I usually lift at around the 20 hour fast mark and have never felt weak, usually its the opposite. Dont go all out from the first time though, it might take some time for your body to get used to that state, especially if your diet was shit beforehand.
if you fast for 2+ days you can still lift at ~60% intensity and be just fine. My longest fast was 9 days and I started at 16% bodyfat. I ran every single day and didnt feel weak once

>Do I have a reason to be concerned?
Yes, you're a fucking vegan

>zack&zorian.jpg

>IBS-D
This is what happens when you google only benefits and not dangers of (dry) fasting and/or take advice from some anonymous internet persona.
Intermittent fasting is better, but it's also not for everyone

Attached: 1334189460980.gif (270x270, 2.43M)

Kek
>the virgin zorian
>The Chad Zach of House Noveda

It's the meme weight loss diet of 2019, I know at least 2 people who do it and non of them seem to be losing weight.

>manofculture.jpg

I started having trouble with IBS last september. I still have symptoms today but it's nowhere near as bad. Luckily I never had diarrhea, just pain. It'll get better with time user, but it's a huge nuisance. Cured meats used to cause me a lot of issues but I can eat them in moderation now without having major symptoms. I still can't eat onions

>0.27 impact factor
AHEM.

You just ate normally?