No one ever clears this up

No one ever clears this up.
what does this exercise work differently from pull-ups ?

Attached: inverted-row.jpg (1200x789, 200K)

Different back muscles

This. And it's easier.

I thought that exercise was for pecs

It’s for women whomst are the only people I’ve seen do this meme

do you know how muscles work?

What

You're supposed to progress this like every other exercise though. Endgame would be the full front lever rows.

How do you even progress this though? Weights on your chest or some shit?

The girl is hanging on the bar smartass

Its a row, so it work the back in a slightly different way from pull-ups. But you can use it was a way to get strong enough to do pull-ups.

>how is a horizontal pull different from a vertical pull

Attached: DzGyonjVsAEEXuv.jpg (645x729, 31K)

try doing it with one arm then come back to me nerd. im using it to progress to one arm pullups.
tucked front levers

I kinda did say how to in my post but let me elaborate a bit more. Basically I see three ways to progress this:
1. Standard front lever progression (but you do rows instead of static)
2. By putting your legs higher than the anchor point (the bar in the picture)
3. Single arm rows/archer rows (more convenient with rings than the bar)

i'm a fat guy who is working towards muscle-ups (long term goal obviously) and this exercise is supposedly what you do when you can't do pull ups to build towards pull ups.

Protip: rows (/Aussie push-ups) are a good starting point but you should do some negative pull-ups as well (or pull-ups with resistance bands to make it slightly easier)

Makes me kek when I see people with horrible thoracic mobility doing “chins ups” like OPs pic. Weird ass horizontal kipping shit

Decrease the angle, i.e., lower the bar. Eventually switch to one handed.

Attached: nash troll.png (702x532, 226K)

Believe it or not, you can go through 100 pull ups without actually getting a good contraction from your back.
If you want to boost the amount of pullups you can do, australian pullups will help establish mind to muscle connection to the muscles in your back that might not be working as hard as they should be, such as lower traps.

These can be damn hard too if you elevate your feet, or do them one handed. More core activation and shit will help u build strength.

Attached: 1558981715339.jpg (540x354, 69K)

>Australian pull-ups
It's rows or Australian push-ups (because it's a push-up but you're facing up). Everyone who calls it Australian pull-ups clearly didn't get the joke. I know it's confusing since it's a pull not a push but I'd be nice if we could stick to proper nomenclature.

Lower the angle till you're completely flat and then hang off the bar while staying parallel to the floor and try to pull yourself

elevate legs -> archer or side to side -> single arm -> tuck -> weight vest