Be pesco-vegetarian, not vegan

There's no need to be an extremist retard avoid any kind of animal products. Being pesco-vegetarian is the optimal way to be healthy.

>but muh animals, think about the poor fish

They don't feel pain in the same way as us anyway, so it's almost the same thing as eating plants.

Attached: 51b79553b5ef6.image.jpg (750x499, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z_tMmSlBPBU
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5466936/.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4368577/
health.com/mind-body/this-italian-village-has-300-people-over-100-years-old
youtube.com/watch?v=DUTK2Jyoq2Q&app=desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>They don't feel pain in the same way as us anyway

Attached: 1453549413252.png (500x297, 175K)

just eat some meat, fag

another edition of "OP is a faggot"

Nociception isn't the same as pain

Plants feel pain though.

>They don't feel pain in the same way as us anyway

Attached: 1560557036842.gif (300x168, 791K)

Everyone has a 100% risk of death.

I don't give a fuck if they eat pain. I'd eat still living humans if it extended my healthy life by 19%.

HeLa doesn't.

>still conflating correlation with causation
paying literally any attention at all to your diet will increase your lifespan

baste

Did they control for the fact that half of the meat in the US is McDonald's-tier? I'm sure they live longer because they're not eating that processed trash.

Lets say the average life expectancy worldwide is 80 years old. This means that the average for Pesco Vegetarian would be 95.2 years.

The thing though is that your life span is shit anyways. Who seriously wants to become 95? After 65 i really wont mind dying that much, as long as im not suffering.
Have fun seeing all the people around you die and everyone and everything you grew up with die. Have fun seeing your girlfriend die before you.

Let me ask you: Would you rather die at 60, but have the greatest life ever, or live to 100 but have a meh 5/10 life?
I personally would want the 10/10 life with a hard out, than a 5/10 long life.

Youre also posting on a Jow Forums forum, and if it wasnt for that its illegal, expensive and tons of side effects, i would be doing steroids.

One of the most delicious foods i have eaten, was an expensive dry aged steak. It would blow to only eat boring foods.

>Eating fish is healthier than veganism
vejuns btfo

Except you don't get a 10/10 life on veganism. Look at rippetoe, guy is 63 and still has color in his hair

This is only true for men btw. Women live longer on a vegan diet. The reason being that men are at generally higher risk for heart disease, which the pesco-veg diet apparently protects against. Cancer rates are much higher in the pesco-veg population than in the vegan population though (fish contains TMAO and raises IGF-1).

i was a pescatarian for about half of my life and i really enjoyed it. i started eating meat again last year and i became lactose intolerant a few months afterwards. red meat tastes bad too so i might just go back

I could easily be pescatarian if fish was cheaper

He looks like shit, John Rose is vegan and could kick his ass. Rippletits is also a literal cuck whereas John Rose fights for the white race

not a vegetarian if you're eating fish

No yeah thats what i meant. If i am going to restrict myself from certain stuff [Like not: Eating certain foods, driving my car, nofap etc.] im not going to enjoy my life that much, and thats not better than being happy.
Happiness>Long life

lmao John Rose looks like dogshit are you joking?
youtube.com/watch?v=z_tMmSlBPBU

He looks like he's in his 70s+

He is, fagboat

He's like 60 dude

TMAO is implicated in heart disease and Omega 3 supps don't show any benefit protecting against CVD. Either 1. Fish has other nutrients which protect against heart disease which are part of the whole food or 2. the allegedly protective effects of fish on CVD are due to generally healthier eating habits in general (replacing meat with veggies and whole grains etc) and not because fish has any protective effect against CVD.

Why are you assuming eating healthy means you have a lower quality of life? If anything eating healthy, exercising and abstaining from reckless hedonism will increase both the quality and quantity of your life so in the end hedonist like yourself are the only looser.

I would definitely try pesco but I'm allergic to random types of seafood. I can eat tuna all day, but salmon would literally kill me. That's not the only allergy I have either. I'm allergic to all nuts EXCEPT almonds, I'm allergic to penicillin. I'm allergic to vinyl. It's so fucking bizarre.

Fish and other sea foods have been shown to be one of the reasons we were able to grow such a large and complex brain over the years. Not to mention how healthy most sea food is for you.

>Illegal
Yes most places this is true

>Expensive
Nigger wut? A year's worth of testE for a twelve week 500/wk cycle and 200/wk cruise for the rest of the time including needles, syringes and AI is Side effects
This is one of the most annoying things I keep hearing about gear. Unless you are gearing yourself to the teeth your only side effects are acne, and even that is completely dependant on the individual. People who have never been on gear are always so happy to tell you about all the bad shit that is (never) going to happen to you. They are conflating the side effects of steroid ABUSE with steroid USE.

>TMAO is implicated in heart disease
No, it's not. Dysfunction of the systems and processes that regulate TMAO is part of the almost impossibly multifactorial pathophysiology of heart disease.

what the fuck does a "19% lower risk of death" mean

I’m going off Esselstyn who claims TMAO has been shown to cause vascular injury ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5466936/.

yeah the average vegetarian gives a shit about eating but the average omnivore doesn't. That doesn't mean vegetarian>omnivore

made up meme statistics

Fish is fucking based. Such a shame it tends to be expensive. I'm willing to buy this pesco vegetarian thing though. The longest lived people on earth live on Okinawa (Japan) and Santorini (Greece). While they still eat meat, they generally eat less of it than most people and generally eat a lot more fish than most people (by virtue of living on tiny islands with little room for livestock but surrounded by fish). I try to eat fish at least once a week, despite the price.

There's causation though. Fatty fish (like salmon or mackerel) is the best source available of Omega-3, which has all kinds of proven health benefits for mind and body.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4368577/
Research even suggests that getting enough Omega-3 makes prison inmates less aggressive.
The fact that Omega-3 is borderline impossible to get from non-fish sources is why many food agencies in countries across the world recommend eating fish (preferably the fatty kind) at least once or twice a week.

Fish literally contains a substance our body needs and (almost) can't get from other sources.

My pal had a rule that he could only eat something he would have the fortitude to actually kill himself. He was a pescatarian, pretty based reasoning imo.

This thread is actually targeted towards meat eaters trying to ease us into a 100% goyfeed diet. Yawn.

> after 65
user, this is an 18+ board

>Hey buddy I don't have the fortitude to kill swine
>Le based!!!

Thanks for clearing that up

Attached: 1554913207294__01.jpg (484x491, 52K)

Should I start eating fish, guys? Ever since childhood I've hated seafood but I've been reading a lot about all the health benefits. I already got myself to like fired eggs and oatmeal, couldn't be too hard to learn to love fish.

>Who seriously wants to become 95? After 65 i really wont mind dying that much
Eating healthy also helps you become old healthier.

health.com/mind-body/this-italian-village-has-300-people-over-100-years-old
The article doesn't mention, but I do remember a news report about this village that stated their 90 year olds are mentally and physically comparable to most 60 year olds. If you don't really mind dying after age 65, then what about being a 95 year old with the mind and body of a 65 year old?

Again, notice that one of the suspected causes is the fact that these people (among other things) eat tons of anchovies.

>Should I start eating fish, guys?
TOTALLY. I'm not even saying you should give up meat, I'm saying you have nothing to lose from eating more fish. The problem is that (in my experience) fish is a lot more difficult to prepare well than meat. I love crispy skin salmon but it's really easy to either overcook or undercook compared to meat.

so a fish is a plant now? vegetarians are fucking DUMB lmao

What the fuck does 'lower risk of death' mean? We all die. Literally what the fuck were they trying to say?

Getting real fucking sick of these vegetarianism and carnivore threads.

Buy skin on wild caught salmon fillets. Thaw for 30 mins in cold water while still inside plastic. Take out and dry with paper towel. Coat with olive oil, then salt and pepper. Maybe some garlic powder. Cook skin side down for like 4-5 minutes or so on medium high heat. Flip, cook another 2-3 minutes maybe and then eat. Gordon Ramsay has a good video on it

hes not wrong, some animals (insect, small reptiles, fish) are legitimately too stupid too process pain

Fuck this bait post.

>After 65 i really wont mind dying that muc
Damn, convenient that 65 is the wagecuck retirement age. Almost as if society is constructed to make the most liveable years of your life as miserable as possible in service of some shitbag elite's offshore account.

Tf are people actually discussing about this image, this nigga didn’t even post a study it’s a random fucking image made in paint.

Much as I like this mindset just because you live for less years does not mean the quality of your life is better lmao. And if your quality of life depends drastically on the food you eat then your life is true shit

>he fact that Omega-3 is borderline impossible to get from non-fish sources
but it's totally natrul to get omega 3 from bacteria!

theresenoughslimeforeveryone.jpg

this is the amino acid content of a properly planned vegan diet

Attached: unknown.png (1600x900, 1M)

>Drinking S O Y

On a more serious note, not bad. I'm trying to figure out what your dinner looks like though. Beans, various vegetables, onions and spinach? And what's up with the cacao powder?

Sorry, user. That looks like a lot of effort.

Attached: shitpost.png (746x1449, 104K)

now this is the amino acid content of 500g of shellfish(mussels)
despite having half the protein, 500g of shellfish fucking mog 240g of vegan protein

Attached: unknown (1).png (356x378, 12K)

Millions of 80+ years old folk currently living on this planet who have been eating meat their whole lives. Yeah I think I'll stick to my delicious carnivore diet thank you very much. By the time I've made it to that age medicine will have evolved such that I will almost certainly see 100. 100 years of delicious meat eating. That's a good life and I will die a happy man.

>comparing the health of people who watch their diet to the average lifespan (niggers and fatfucks)

Attached: 1560430200872.jpg (750x864, 178K)

>pesco-vegetarian
Latest meme diet

>despite having half the protein, 500g of shellfish fucking mog 240g of vegan protein
How exactly? I'm a brainlet who doesn't understand diet.

But from what I remember, those ants, flies and pill bugs I have decimated and tortured seemed to have felt pain

amino acids are the building blocks of protein, you don't a ctually turn protein you eat to muscle proteins directly, you merely extract the amino acids from protein during digestion. and the amino acid content of a vegan diet will always be inferior to that of an animal product.
leucine being the most important amino acid for muscle growth is lower in 240g of protein of a mixed vegan diet than in 120g of protein from mussels, meaning that those 120g of protein from mussels are more anabolic and muscle sparing than the 240g of protein in the diet posted above

Enjoy your plastic, bitch

Alright, thanks for clarifying. It's been a while since I had mussels, maybe I should try some again.

>They don't feel pain in the same way as us anyway, so it's almost the same thing as eating plants.

what makes you think they dont feel pain? i'm certain they dont want to die user

Attached: 1547435191003.png (1049x1084, 1.06M)

The fuck is semi-vegetarian?

Attached: what_the_blyad.jpg (695x685, 46K)

You're not a fucking vegetarian unless you follow the following mantra "if it shits, don't eat it". If you're going to be a faggot there's no point being half a faggot.

>be queer, not a faggot

Oh no no no eating the healthiest kind of meat as opposed to all other kinds of meat helps you live longer? Who'd know!?

I dont think youre gonna convince vegans to eat fish. Overfishing is a huge problem right now (thanks chinks) and drastically reducing fish consumption to restock global fish supplies would be a huge benefit to the environment

>allergic to fish
Fuck you I'll stick to beef

Enjoy your life, Dorian Gray.

There is nothing inherently wrong with causing animals or other humans pain.

>linked study is about some aggression and not anything to do with lifespan or non-mental health
brb stuffing my face with fish oil

I eat a lot of meat but pesco vegetarian always felt like the best choice. Vegans are fucking retards but pesco vegetarian is godlike. The antipathy by vegans about eating dairy and eggs is demented. Just get it from reputable and humane farms and now you have chickens and cows treated better than wild ones (wild birds at least)

You'll want to live after 65. My folks are almost 65 and they are fully fit and mentally capable. It's around 80 and especially after 85 that things go to shit. Of the three grandparents who lived that far (one died in 70s due to cancer.) each declined immediately at 85.

>the vegetarian that lives the longest is the one that eats FISH MEAT
Oh huh, weird...

>Just moving people away from meat
>Towards Veganism

Yeah no shit....

youtube.com/watch?v=DUTK2Jyoq2Q&app=desktop

Attached: 1560091969495.jpg (863x833, 290K)

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>When compared to non vegetarians.
So basically it's comparing your longevity to that of the median processed garbage guzzler. Shocker that someone who pays attention to what they put in their mouth has a good outcome.

He looks pretty good for someone who spends hours in the sun everyday.

that graph is based on the data from the adventist health study , adventists that are pescatarians have the lowest rates of all cause mortality and longest lifespan, they live longer than vegan adventists and vegetarian adventists

It's a pretty old diet you fucking zoomer

Even if that were the case it'd still be more ethical to eat less meat and more plants, a greater amount of crops are used to feed a cow for 1-2 years before it is butchered than any human could eat in the same time period.

That´s just a conditioned reaction to danger, they lack the neurological structures required to feel pain

>pussy doesn’t have the mental stregntb kill animals
> thinks he is enlightened genius
Y I K E S
I
K
E
S

Fish do feel pain differently, but they still experience it - they experience something negative. Why inflict that if I don't have too? Besides, due to bioaccumulation and the current state of the oceans and the way most fishing is done (most, not all), I'd rather stick to plantbased + bivalves. Rope grown mussels and oysters are very sustainable, and have no brains so they definitely don't feel pain (or anything else for that matter), but have basically all the goodies that fish have too.

Plant-based + bivalves: the perfect diet. Lets see the meatcucks try and attack it, I'm betting it'll just be a bunch of ad hominems, carnivore insanity and people misunderstanding ecology and thinking animial ag is 'good' for the environment. Lmao.

Its funny how, out of all 'vegetarian' variations, the one that includes actual animals is the healthiest.

Attached: Mark-Schoondebreek-1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 110K)

They don’t, the most they do is acknowledge some type of presence. Their nervous systems literally aren’t evolved enough to feel pain on the level of us or even other mammals. It truly makes one ponder, doesn’t it.

>Fish do feel pain differently, but they still experience it - they experience something negative
You can say the same thing about plants. Plants sense a negative sensations when they get damaged.

Is farm-raised fish that bad for you?

Not bad at all, still a good food choice, but significantly less healthy than wild fish. Farm raised fish gets fed man made food, altering their omega ratios to a less favorable profile. And omega ratios was one of the strongest pros fish had, so reducing that aspect of fish is pretty bad.

>People who eat meat last the longest.

Vegetarians have absolutely JUSTED themselves there.

but but but...

There pesco vegetarians!

KEK they're meat eaters you bunch of soi based faggots.

No, you can't, not without re-defining the meaning of 'sense' to the point that it becomes meaningless. I know pointing out that plants 'feel' is a favorite 'argument' of meat-eaters but it's dumb, they don't feel they have a chemical response. They can't "feel" because they don't have anything to "feel" with. What matters is: is something sentient? Does it have a central nervous system and brain that can process the information that harm is being done to it? Can it, and does it, react to pain with avoidance? If the answer to all three is "yes", then it feels pain in some way and it's best not to eat it unless you have to.

Note that the answer, for both plants and bivales, is "no" on all accounts.

You don't get it though. While you're right that omega-3 is good for you, there's nothing that says that this inherent to pesco-vegetarian diet. All this statistics tells us is how long people who eat a certain way tend to live, not how long they could live provided some more careful food planning.

>What matters is: is something sentient? Does it have a central nervous system and brain that can process the information that harm is being done to it? Can it, and does it, react to pain with avoidance? If the answer to all three is "yes", then it feels pain in some way and it's best not to eat it unless you have to.
But that is your own personal opinion on where the border of do or dont lies. What if my border lies elsewhere? Why do you act as if your opinion is what other must adjust to?

>Why do you act as if your opinion is what other must adjust to?

Attached: vegan kill.jpg (283x302, 41K)