Media tells me beautiful people are arrogant, stupid, and have no personalities

>Media tells me beautiful people are arrogant, stupid, and have no personalities
>Media tells me ugly people are humble, smart, and have great personalities
>Most beautiful people I meet are friendly, well-educated, and interesting
>Most ugly people I meet are abrasive bullies, anti-intellectuals, and boring as sin
When did you take the beautypill?

Attached: beautyism.png (1485x543, 1002K)

The “beautiful people are vapid” myth is insecure women projecting. Then betas picked it up because they think agreeing with women will get them laid.
I took the beauty pill when I actually observed what went on around me.

humans imprint positive characteristic on attractive individuals aka halo effect and the reverse on unattractive.

It's true. With beauty comes confidence, self respect, and discipline. It's noncoincidence that most ugly people are also poor as fuck.

It's not just projecting women sadly enough. Men are just as guilty.
Look at how many people think if you lift you must also be stupid and/or an asshole. And really interestingly, look around on Jow Forums to see how even some guys who lift seem to want this to be true.

the halo effect right infront of you people
op who is still a faggot even today is just proving it
>ugly people bad
>beatiful good
just because someone has good facial features people assume he has better personality, he is smarter, more humble and all that shit whereas ugly as seen as the complete opposite
you have no reason not to believe the blackpill

Nah. It's unironically the Jews. This degeneracy is a recent development.

The "beauty = bad" meme is just a cope for people who can't accept that their bloodline will die out through natural selection.
The outside reflects the inside. If you make smart choices you'll be healthier, and good health makes you smarter.
Fat people make dumb choices and blame others for not supporting them and serving them to compensate.

t. facelet

The "video game stats allocation" model of personality. If you're rich, you must be unfulfilled! If you're handsome you must be shallow! If you're strong you must be a fucking retard! If you're a manlet you must have superior speed that allows you beat any meat head with ease! If you're autistic you must be a savant! If you're a fat, depressed, NEET, dropout, misanthrope, chronic masturbating, friendless, kissless, hand-hold-less, basement dwelling virgin? Well, that means you're the most superior and intelligent motherfucker on the planet whose big break, riches, and 10/10 wife are surely just around the corner because the universe owes you, or some fucking shit.

It's all this faggy mom-tier spirituality bullshit that says everyone is equal and therefore everyone's net pros and cons will balance out, regardless of your actions or how much work you put in. It's an extension of the comforting lies we tell to children. As an adult you have no business thinking this way.

>muh halo effect
Are you people really this naive? Go outside for a change. We all know there are beautiful assholes and ugly joes with hearts of gold but those are more the exception than the rule. Ugly people are usually both ugly on the outside AND the inside because the average Joe doesn't have the intellect or willpower to work outside of the box. They let their insecurities consume them, dictate the way they think, and instead of working to better themselves they blame their problems on people who have it better.

Attached: (you).png (299x408, 122K)

While I agree with pretty much all you said there, I am pretty sure I have read studies they've done (I think it was only a women rating men perspective though) where women were asked to rate men just using their appearance on a variety of non-appearance related traits and the trend pretty perfectly lined up women rating men on a looks scale and essentially took that same score and assigned it to every other positive trait, and inversely for negative traits (ie he's a 7 so he must be also 7 nice and 7 generous etc etc).

Basically there is pretty good evidence at least that being better looking has only advantages, and people will begin with good assumptions about you, which means that you have to actively go out and prove them wrong before you get the same treatment as somebody who isn't attractive.

Yes, but the halo effect has an influence on one's personality. If you're regularly treated as a nice, intelligent, interesting person, you're more likely to reflect those qualities. But if you're shunned, ignored, or even resented, you're more likely to become bitter at the world.

Attached: 1551914481506.jpg (500x375, 37K)

this

The Law of Attraction is real.
Take the Dahlpill

Attached: kZPW8HX.jpg (447x701, 137K)

This, also there's the fact that more reasonable and approachable individuals are more likely to present yourself in a good-looking way. Even if you don't look "fuckable" you'll wear a smile, keep yourself groomed, dress well, etc. Meanwhile someone who's bitter and a prick will care little about their appearance, and will probably wear a scowl.

it's even written in the bible

"For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." - Matthew 25:29

People treat good looking people better. They develop healthy social lives, become more confident and thrive in all aspects of life as a result. Ugly people are treated like shit, and most give up/half-ass everything as a result.

may sound like incel cope but all my life i was bullied and threated like shit, had bas posture, acne, was skinny and dumb, i would attract no girl and had no friends, that untill the age of 16 that i started to workout, because of this, now at 22 things got better, no acne, great body, better posture and a lot more attractive overall, have some friends and all

but i still cant connect to a girl because all the bullshit and i get rejected often anyways, i have no social skills, good thing it looks like i had some good genes for lifting i didnt know, now my life is all over lifting and sports

also im a bastard, and since im a kid i have that drive of showing everyone how worth i am, that makes me cocky snd agressive in sports, i have a bad temperament as well

if i didnt found lifting id be a depressed fucker, its a miracle how lifting transformed my athleticism beauty and strenght

based twits

Well people tend to reflect the ir surroundings
>be beautiful
>people like you before you even start talking
>no paths off limit, acting and modeling are actual possible career paths rather than fantasies
>people will tend to trust you more, those that don't tend to be bitter ugly people

or

>be ugly
>work for attention, respect and trust with every conversation
>expected to be funny and provide conversation to compensate for looks
>girls = not even once
>court of law and hiring processes are heavily against you

You're not wrong, but a certain amount of it is hardship that beautiful people never would have to go through, this is why ugly people either have really good or really shit personalities depending on whether or not they gave in or put in the extra work.

>Media tells me beautiful people are arrogant, stupid, and have no personalities
>Media tells me ugly people are humble, smart, and have great personalities
What fucking media tells you that? Give some examples. Most media barely has any ugly people in significant roles, when they do, they are mostly just comedy or generally repulsive.

it's all a mix bag. I've met cool ugly people and cool hot people. and shitty hot people and shitty ugly people.
also media hasn't said this shit in years. If anything, they've been misdirecting us with stuff like "oh look this hot person is annoying but suddenly they're actually good" or vice versa.

This is pretty much it. Also ugly people are often defensive, and neurotic, since they rightfully have grown to see any attention paid to them as being a threat, whether serious, or just mild (ie people poking fun at them).

Also OP you're wrong about the media. They might *say* that shit, but notice how the protagonist/person who you're supposed to empathise with is always attractive, and the bad guys/comedic relief is usually ugly, goofy and nerdy looking.

beautiful people have always been more virtuous and nobler than ugly people. beauty is among the highest of the moral virtues and only a sick and dying culture would argue otherwise.

Attached: little-women-photos-ss05.jpg (767x511, 99K)

This

Attached: 94bcc638-bc99-4fb6-874c-5aba974cf97b.gif (480x270, 620K)

Like, every thing produced by the kike media in the last 20 years?

Nah, attractive people are just afforded to be virtuous, and ugly people aren't allowed to be.
A good deed done by an uggo is desperate, a bad one done by an attractive one is an accident, if it's even noticed.
You're right about beauty being the highest virtue though.

post face with timestamp

Big surprise though, fat bitter fucks dont try hard at anything.

most ugly people are skinny and malnourished though

Based and Dahlpilled

Literally everyone on tv is attractive and yet they tell everyone to "accept themselves for who they are"

idk man. i used to not be as good looking or at least be insecure about my lanky body and baby face in my teens, now im good. idk man

Is the bitch at the bottom supposed to be an example of that 'not ugly'?

>ugly people aren't allowed to be
bullshit, no one is stopping ugly people from being virtuous. if ugly people were virtuous then their actions and behavior would be in line with that, regardless of what other people thought of them or how they interacted with them. you can't stop a noble man from being noble, but being noble is simply beyond the ugly. they aren't capable of it.

You're misinterpreting what I said.
When an ugly person acts virtuous, it is not seen that way, even if the action itself is virtuous. Hence, they aren't allowed to be virtuous.

like recently.
my boyfriend refuses to improve, is bitter and painfully boring sometimes.
But i still adore him because his autism is endearing. Although Im sure theres a limit thats about to be breached

>it is not seen that way, even if the action itself is virtuous
I don't believe this is a thing that happens. ugly people just don't act virtuously. we're not all just forgetting to "give them credit" for virtuous acts done.

I believe in this

Cope harder amanda

Assumming you're not LARPing, throw me a bone and answer this question- how to you mentally justify to yourself dating and breeding with that genetically defective autist when there are men out there who look like Chris Hemsworth, or at least your local football Chad. Are you ugly and he's the best you could get? Is it a maternal instinct, and you'd actually have Chad's kid while getting your autist bf to raise it?
Serious question.

>this doesn't fit my worldview, therefore I don't believe this is real
what he said is entirely true, and the basis of the blackpill. really, though, the blackpill is just ugly people accepting the the most sobering and grim reality possible even though nobody really makes it without a little bit of delusion to keep them going.

I've seen plenty of ugly people act virtuously, so there goes your point. If you want to do a little thought experiment, convince yourself that ugly people are indeed more virtuous, and see what you observe.
Do you also believe attractive people cant act maliciously?

Wasnt there a study showing that more aesthetically appealing people and people who are generally considered attractive are smarter, and nicer on average than people who are considered unnapealing and unattractive?

also, ugly people tend to see virtue as "transactional", and they cheapen any virtuous act due to their incessant need to feel validated by others for having done it or engaged in it. this is in stark contrast to beautiful people who act nobly for its own sake because it is in their nature. this is exemplified by the incel archetype of the "nice guy" who thinks that sex is something they "earn" or that is "owed" to them by virtue of holding a fucking door open for a woman, or for being a good friend and offering an ear when she needs someone to talk to.

in all "virtuous" acts by an ugly person, take care to look just underneath the surface and you'll instantly find the transactional nature of the act, cheapening it in its entirety.

Yeah it's called the 'halo effect', and whatever the opposite of it for ugly people. It's a known thing.

Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
I got the feeling that something ain't right,
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,
Whales to the left of me,
Skellys to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you.

Yes I'm stuck in the middle with you,
And I'm wondering what it is I should do,
It's so hard to keep this smile from my face,
Losing control, yeah, I'm all over the place,
Whales to the left of me, Skellys to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Well you started out with nothing,
And you're proud that you're a self made man,
And your friends, they all come crawlin,
Slap you on the back and say,
Please.... Please.....

Trying to make some sense of it all,
But I can see that it makes no sense at all,
Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor,
'Cause I don't think that I can take anymore
Whales to the left of me, Skellys to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Well you started out with nothing,
And you're proud that you're a self made man,
And your friends, they all come crawlin,
Slap you on the back and say,
Please.... Please.....

Well I don't know why I came here tonight,
I got the feeling that something ain't right,
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs,
Whales to the left of me,
Skellys to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you,
Yes I'm stuck in the middle with you,
Stuck in the middle with you.

Attached: stuck-in-the-middle.jpg (474x355, 23K)

yeah now you're obviously baiting

>fat/ugly people overconsume media
>media tells fat/ugly people what they want to hear
it's not really a giant conspiracy

>how to you mentally justify to yourself dating and breeding with that genetically defective autist when there are men out there who look like Chris Hemsworth, or at least your local football Chad
can I throw you a bone back
assuming Im not larping, we've been together for four years, and we both come from the same emotionally disturbing childhoods.
Hes looked out for me and as I do for him. Ive had other guys try to make passes at me but Ive always outright ignored them.

Again, assuming Im larping, I have an 8/10 face and body, while he is getting fat and around a 5/10.He is recently pursuing his last year of his doctorate, so perhaps its his stress.
A face you might say a mother could love, but yet I still love his face.

Ive thought about our future offspring.
And Ive also thought about breaking it off, as he is sometimes very whiney, and complains too often.

I wish I knew what the right thing to do is

Post face and body

where's the bait? the "nice guy" virtue signaller is the most obvious and ubiquitous example of this. we've all either known this kind of guy in our personal lives or at the very least have encountered them everywhere on the internet.

>B-BUT.. I WAS NICE TO HER AND SHE STILL WON'T FUCK ME, FUCKING STACIES I HATE AHTE HATE HATE HATE THEEEEEEEM!!!!!!

that's literally the fucking extent of the "virtue" of ugly people.

>tfw handsome thoughts

hahahhhahahahahahhhahahaha

Not the same user, but there is genuinely something endearing about an aspie that clings to you. Sure you can do better but settling isn't always the worst thing, especially if you actually like them. Their quirks are just a part of them and you find yourself loving them regardless

Did you even read the passage you brainlet

8/10 is 3 standard deviations above average, I doubt you're that. But even if you're a 6, still good on you for sticking with him.
I've been in a similar position with a girl, and I basically told her to fuck off because she was attractive and been with a bunch of Chads before me, so I knew she was just settling for me as a safe nerd even though she claimed otherwise.
Anytime I see an attractive girl with an unattractive guy I'm almost certain she has some ulterior motive, so I kinda wanted to know what goes through your head when you do that. Thanks for answering.

I don't know what to tell you, you must realize how ignorant you're being. I don't know if you a self hating uggo, or you think you're above other uggos.
All I can say is try seeing it the opposite way if you want the truth.

And in any of these studies, were those characteristics actually measured?
As in, is there a legitimate reason for this bias towards attractiveness?
Is there a chance that attractive people are indeed more likely to exhibit these positive characteristics?
Or are y'all just interpreting this effect through libshit "we're all equal so that's bigotry!" glasses?

Sure settling is not the worst thing, neither is losing a finger compared to losing an arm, but why would you want to do either when you can do better?

>Jow Forums always complains about how girls don't settle
>as soon as one claims to do so they encourage her to go for Chad
i don't even know with you guys sometimes hahaha

She is just being herself

I remember seeing some study on one of the PUA type forums that described a situation where a person did something, and displayed pictures of who the supposed person was. Same situation. People naturally always judged the attractive ones more favourably. We are just wired that way. You can admit it, you don't have to justify it, just own it.

to be fair, i'd want to cope too. and it's more of a defense mechanism to ensure their bloodlines survival desu

t. 5/10

>8/10 is 3 standard deviations above average
not her/him, but the 0-10 looks scale is a linear scale. By your standard, 99.9% percent of the human population would fall between 2-8, with a 5/10 weighing 180lbs

based and redpilled
i actually needed to read this today

>I've been in a similar position with a girl, and I basically told her to fuck off because she was attractive and been with a bunch of Chads before me, so I knew she was just settling for me as a safe nerd even though she claimed otherwise.

Next time an attractive girl is interested in dating you, try to suspend your thoughts of ulterior motives. My partner kept asking me why I was dating him and was very insecure at the start of our relationship.

As long as you can mantain communication and an open honest dialogue, thats a start.

ofc Im not a chick, this is the boys only treehouse :)

I hope you find your happiness and trust people more

nice strawman, but you failed to answer my question

>By your standard, 99.9% percent of the human population would fall between 2-8
yes, and 64% of the population falls between 4-6 (IE Average looking). Look up what a normal distribution is, and why it makes sense in this case.

Because when you spend enough time with someone (and fuck them) you start to care about them. Most people arent thinking about the best genetic vehicle for their progeny when dating, at least consciously.

Because when you've fallen for a person they should be a 10/10 for you regardless of looks and ticks. I know its whimsical and not exactly the most honest thing ever but seriously its not even really settling if you find yourself happy with them

In another 15 years, when the average weight of an American female reaches 250lb, will you consider a 240lb mini-moon an objective 6/10?

oh I'm 100% an uggo, but I have no interest in fairy tales and comforting fictions that try to make me out to be a victim of circumstance, as if the world is just not allowing me to be my real virtuous self. people like me are fundamentally broken and it does no one any good to pretend that it's somehow everyone else's fault, that other people "just don't see our fundamental goodness".

that's the real blackpill. not this "halo effect" bullshit, not blaming other people and "society" for how it responds to us, none of that self-serving shit. the real blackpill is that we are exactly who we are and who we were meant to be, and the fault for that doesn't lie at anyone else's feet. even incels and r9kfags don't want to swallow that pill though. they all want to pretend they were "wronged" by this life or by society instead. it's a cheap comfort, and I'll continue to disabuse them of it any chance that I get.

What strawman? And I don't give a fuck about your question, I thought you were asking with good intent so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents, obviously I was wrong.

I think the contention is more of "settling" doesn't mean to girls that "I may not have the best, but he is good enough, so I will love and cherish him", but instead it means "I may not have the best, so I'll just use and abuse the first tolerable person to give me attention and then jump ship as soon a better opportunity arrives."

Virtually all of western civilization functioning well has been based on girls ACTUALLY settling, instead of this fantasy "settling until the next fleeting emotion guides me to jump on the cock carousel."

assumed larper here

humans arent statistics-statistics, there are variables.
while yes, 70% of crime comitted by 13% is a thing, and other 'facts' such as pitbulls being dangerous, and more likely to chew the head off your toddler than a chihuahua, Im a determinist as I believe you can still choose your path.

and possibly a pendatic romantic when I believe that theres potential in everyone.
My partner is kindof wearing me thin nowadays tho

You're putting words in my mouth. I'm also an ugly incel, so I see why you'd think I'm just delusional normie, but people genuinely treat uggos worse just because they're repulsive.

This. Its very telling of the retards in this thread that think that a majority of people obsess over things like this.

objective beauty would be based on bone structure, so no. But almost any human trait is spread based on a normal distribution, looks included, so if the average female in 15 years looks like a 3/10 today, the scale will shift, yes.

A girl can be genetically gifted with DDDs. She can also spend all of her time eating snacks and watching tv, while expecting the world to cater to her.
End the end, she won't hold a candle to the chestlet who was active and led a balanced life
>pic related

Attached: 1496288976543.jpg (1006x609, 212K)

>they all want to pretend they were "wronged" by this life or by society instead. it's a cheap comfort, and I'll continue to disabuse them of it any chance that I get.
tough love
sometimes it works

>What strawman?
I'll assume that you really are that retarded and spoonfeed it to you
I asked if there was a legitimate basis for the halo effect. As in, are attractive people more likely to exhibit positive traits?
You ignored that question and repeated the same drivel of
>hurr halo effect real
>it must mean people are bigots!

that question has already been answered at the start of this thread. If you legitimately care about that, go read it, if not I don't really give a fuck we're clearly at a standstill here

>that question has already been answered at the start of this thread
where?
Oh nevermind, found it
not much of a standstill. you could have just said that I was right

yeah but the point is you're going against your genetic programming, which is why I'm baffled. Of course you have choice, the question is why you'd choose that. I can't for the life of me imagine what would drive me to date a fat chick other than desperation.

Good job, you convinced no one of anything but still came out feeling like you've won. Do you blame that on your ugliness too or is that something else?

>Do you blame that on your ugliness too
That's a lot of projection for a tumblr fatty to post

You were blaming being a shit person on being ugly a few posts earlier, not me lmao

Ugly people are subhuman both is the perception of their character, quality and value. Most of all, women judge exclusively on this factor on first contact. The band for error is increased substantially if you're beautiful. If you're ugly, short and poor, well shit...life is going to be harder.

Don't be ugly
>you can improve your looks substantially, especially when most men are now fat shits
>no fucking exucses

Attached: 1557033363279.jpg (384x379, 25K)

>I can't for the life of me imagine what would drive me to date a fat chick other than desperation

Hm. You do know you can still re-program your genes right? Not by a mile but still- some difference can be made.
For example, its proven that traits such as aggression and addiction can be hereditary. According to both nature/nurture, these traits can be amplified or simmered down a notch.

I was pretty sure I was going to enter a covenant and become a nun to renounce all worldly desires. That goes against my genetic programminh, doesnt it?
I might be makjng a stupid choice at the end of the day- Im not nostradamus, I cant tell whether staying with him or leaving him will necessarily pave the sunny bright future I desire.

Leaving him now, without at least trying to support positive changes seem cruel t b h

by the way you sound atheist. Are you an atheist?

This. I took the beauty pill when I started to take the women pill (jesus 10 years ago). I was always told the hot ones were stupid and vapid. Turns out they are more fun than than the mediocre ones. Then I realized while going through my brothers school year book I could describe the personality of people in his grade I had never met.

Look up physiognomy, and realize its reality.

this is often true. there is so much choice in looking bad vs looking like a hobo though.

successful, smart, good looking people are just better than others a lot of the time.

i'm talking people who are like CEOs of big companies etc

Attached: milkytea.jpg (1529x1940, 230K)

>yet another strawman
shouldn't you be spamming fat japanese girls in the fph thread?

>mfw handsome thots

Attached: 1551680841737.jpg (998x1374, 405K)

not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. Is this honestly making you feel better?

why are you still even posting? doesn't your handbook tell you to abandon ship when your shitposting fails to derail the thread?

I'm interested in the thread and your sperging keeps it bumped

Y'all should read the picture of dorian grey. it's the Bible of this philosophy and a great read.