Made 2 plate bench press

>made 2 plate bench press
>still don’t look like i lift

why

Attached: 329EDCE6-C73A-4882-A23B-9C9D125A26FE.jpg (423x534, 65K)

Are you cheating reps or using your shoulders?

body composition =/= strength

Long arms?

Probably because you're fat and one of those bouncing of the chest bencher types
Also you're not supposed to look insane once you start benching 100kg for reps
130kg+

wtf do you mean “using your shoulders”

Cara is hot and not a tranny

Based

1 rep max? 5 rep max? I'm not surprised because honestly, unless you can hit like 15 reps at 225lb (which would mean you can bench significantly more weight) I don't think you'll have a solid looking chest. Hit your pecs with some more volume after your 5x5. Do some dips and chest flies.

>using your shoulders
>on an exercise that works the delts
user are you retarded?

update your diet, my dude

Attached: 7DB4B867-D8E5-4D8E-8B06-1FBF62073401.gif (480x360, 1.83M)

did Cara's hair grow back? she was a tip top qt tbqh senpai before she cut it.

What about Barbell Bp? I was told that gives you a lot of chest definition as well

On bench? You'll impinge your shoulder if you let them pop up

Bench press? With a barbell? Yeah...that's what we're talking about. I only meant to say that sometimes isolation exercises like flies AFTER your heavy bench sets can help get some more volume in to pump up a bit.

Definition is a combination of being lean and having big muscles. Good muscle insertion points can help you look better, but you can't change them so you just have to build muscle and lose fat. From person to person, the higher the weight they lift, the more muscle mass they will have.

Just remember, your main focus is improving your bench press to heavier and heavier weights. The more tension you can put on a muscle (weight on the bar), the greater the growth stimulus will be. This is one reason why compound lifts are effective, because they allow you to stress the muscle more.

A lot of people can reach 2pl8 bench without proper scapular retraction, making the delts do a lot of work.
Once you learn to shove them down, engage your lats, and use your legs and core to stabilze you'll be hitting 3pl8s and actually making size and strength gains.
>t. had the same problem

Whoops, dumbbell*

Yeah but she's probably too old now though

I would personally reserve DB bench for a secondary exercise, with regular BB as the primary. It allows for a little bit of increased ROM and maybe a more natural movement, but you sacrifice total weight due to having the freer movement and needing to stabilize more which is not ideal.

Depending how you have your routine setup (Upper/Lower, Push/Pull, full body), you can do both on the same day in different rep ranges:

BB Bench 5x5
DB Bench 3x8-12
Tricep iso 1-3x12-15
Fly 1-2x12-15

You just have to balance frequency/intensity/volume.

based

I think I might have this problem desu. My chest is rarely sore after benching, and I have big shoulders/traps. Nearly at 2pl8 bench too, fug

Even when I do it right, I don't really feel my chest getting sore unless it's a 15-20 rep set @ 2pl8s.
I get the most chest activation from flies and dumbbell bench so I'll do them as accessories after a heavy barbell bench.
>t. 415lbs bench

Attached: 524c50061d223aaab8abe28fc3da6c80.jpg (1000x2595, 1.66M)

Unbelievably based

Because 2pl8 bench isn't shit

2plate
>1x10kgs
>1x5kgs
>plus the bar

Another issue is that, typically, your triceps or delts are the weak link in your bench press. They get exhausted before your chest does, so for that reason you don't feel your chest being worked as much.

did you think there was some magical transformation that was supposed to occur the moment you could 2pl8?

Unironically yes

>using your shoulders
???

Because you have shit form and probably don't even do half of the motion in your ego lifts. Enjoy the trip to snap city.

But did the bar touch your chest, user???

2pl8 is literally dyel

>still don’t look like i lift
bc you natty

>These are the people giving you decade-old advice and talking shit about not having fucked 400 women by the time you're 13

Attached: 1530399377807.png (306x306, 112K)

Non argument you beta

bump

You need to bench that at least for 6-8 reps to look "big".
That takes another year or two for an guy with average genetics.

Both these statements are outright lies

2pl8 bench is dyel mode
3pl8 is where u start to leave dyel mode

t. never lift once

This and twink looking turbo-nerds can deadlift 4 plates and still look like auschwitz victims apparently. So strength must not correlate with size much at all.

based

Attached: 1491075582941.jpg (1023x1384, 326K)

Same 6'3 180 lbs and dont even look like i lift i have video of me benching 2 plates and it looks like someone whos never stepped in the gym bench pressing

based poster

extremely based

because you're natty

Because it's not a 3 plate bench press.

Ok now i dont care much about strength how can i escape skellymode and make my body look good? I see so many skelly at the gym who are realy strong but bodies r shit

Can't wait to see her in the LOTR remake

Attached: 1551577194437.webm (640x358, 1.24M)

>I see so many skelly at the gym who are realy strong but bodies r shit

and what do you consider strong?

>tfw no smeagol gf

They can lift heavy weights? Idk

>skelly mode
Eat more and lift hard retard

Yeah im doing that

And what do (((You))) think is heavy?

Something i cant lift? Shit i just wanna know how to get a good body. I think my program is strength based where i only do 3x5

Listen here dyel twink. You have to eat and eat big to get big.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

I am eating big damn. Like i eat 2 lunches now and i added milk and pb on my diet. And other high calorie food. Does it matter how much i lift,

Count your calories for a week just to make sure you're not under eating.
Keep progressing in your lifts and the gains will come.

probably high bf%
I can barely lift 1pl8 and I don't look dyel. Also, unless you're roiding, having developed traps is key to looking like you lift. Do your fucking pull ups.

This. Was only after I hit 2pl8 that I started to focus more on stabilization and form. Was easy to go from struggling to hit 225 for a single set to banging out 3x6.