When is running supposed to become enjoyable?

when is running supposed to become enjoyable?

Attached: 1545638059141.jpg (1280x1280, 1.01M)

Working out in general is not really enjoyable other than for severely depressed persons.

when you stop being a fat fuck

never

you just get used to it and it becomes routine

Who the fuck told you that it gets enjoyable? Feels good after you’re done, dude. That’s about it.

it gets worse, imagine that

I really enjoy running my man, just love putting on my earphones and losing myself in the warm brace of musical seduction

Categorically false.

This. It's almost a form of meditation for me.

First post worst post! Get fucked faggot

That's the norepinephrine.
Satisified, psychologically normal persons don't work out other than maybe for a couple months after new years, up until they realize what a waste of time and energy exercise is and realize that they are happy with who they are.

What BMI is appropriate to start running without fucking my knee cartilage for life? 27% right now.

When u start listening to anime
Osts as you run

i-is this true

i'm still a beginner, this was my run today:
>walk at 4mph for 5 minutes
>run at 7mph for 5 minutes
>walk at 4mph for 2.5 minutes
>walk at 4mph for 2.5 minutes
>walk at 4mph for 5 minutes
30 minutes in total, 4.5km

the worst part is the feeling of being covered in sweat tbqh

When you’re chasing your victims

Stop running, do burpees and thrusters instead. Now

Attached: 692EF7A8-9ED5-40E1-A5FB-1CD2C537EDEC.png (420x678, 343K)

Ah okay, this is bait.

what about runner's high?

not true
this is the only valid answer so far. but if you are pushing yourself to your limits it is gonna hurt a bit

It doesn't unless you do it with a group and drink afterwards

t. former cross country runner/track and field

hey bro i never finished highschool so didnt understand, thats cool tho

running is a gains goblin

I'm 5'8 and I think I shouldn't try running until I'm 150 at most. I have too much blubber at 158.

I forget my worries and stress pretty soon after I start running. Feel better after 5 mins.

It gets worse before it gets better. Most people start to feel worse with each consecutive run after their first due to rapid dying off of blood cells. It takes a few weeks for the body to get used to the effect running has on the circulatory system and to start producing blood cells at a faster rate to compensate.

this

>tfw listening to kanon and clannad OSTs while running outside in the winter

I don't know about other people but for me it's around the 1.5 mile mark that I fall into the zone. After that it feels effortless until about mile 4-5 and the runner's high doesn't really kick in for me the way I've seen it described. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Not sure.

When your pic related is lying spread eagled at the finish line

This is more retarded than that statement about people who work out losing life energy.

probably the best arguments ive seen in a while. insane depth and intelligence here

Never.

Stop running and start swimming.

when you look in the mirror and see a skinny unaesthetic skellington looking back

when you try to work legs and realise you lost 80% of the mass from your quads

when your ankles start hurting for no reason

Attached: 1560043890446.jpg (622x621, 54K)

Training for a half marathon atm.
If I run with music then race day comes and I don't have music how realistically would that affect performance? I'm doing longer runs and fuck it gets boring without music.

>cope

much like DOMS you get use to it and not care.

I find it comes two stages. Stage one usually kicks in after the first half mile where the pain goes away and the locomotion becomes automatic no thought on how to run, until then you find running to be awful. Stage two rarely comes on but it only seems to happen after you run at least twice your regular distance and that's also when you're not used to it.

When you finish a run with runner's high, the flood of endorphins is incredible.

I enjoy the pain I put on myself. It makes me feel something. I’ve been majorly depressed since my wife left and just when I think I’m doing better I regress. Working out is the only thing that make me feel something not fake.

Run with good form and don’t run on concrete and your fine. If your really worried invest in good shoes, make sure you mid strike or toe strike, never heel strike. Start relatively short, and work your way up to longer, harder runs.

i bet you have a prescription for anxiety medication

i love being covered in sweat. n-no homo

Do one run a week without

>been wanting to work on my high intensity cardio lately
>try to run one block
>utterly exhausted
>later on in the day me knee has problems
>im 22

fug

Running on a treadmill/on a sidewalk is never fun

But stair running, now THATS fun and it shreds your legs

never, it's a mind game, it makes you strong mentally, that's why its good

who is this

Nice. Your mom and I have done a few marathon atm sessions. She's a trouper, real solid gal.

I like running, theres a nice gravel path near my house that's great for it. I would generally avoid concrete as it's pretty hard on your legs. Try and find a nice path, a hill or some stairs.

The first few minutes are the hardest by far, then your blood gets going and it gets pretty relaxing desu, almost meditative/mind altering m if you go long enough

>That's the norepinephrine.
moods are all just hormones and chemicals in the brain, tard

Imagine smelling her pussy hole

BRAAAAAAAP

OH GOD THE SMELL
WOWWEEE *FAINTS IN VAMPIRE*

Huh. So it's a chemical that's making me sob uncontrollably right now, not your disgustingly cruel post. Fascinating.

>moods are all just hormones and chemicals in the brain, tard
>hormones and chemicals
>in the brain
Norepinephrine is literally a neural transmitter in your body. Fuck off summerfag.

Attached: 11209549_10206921198248802_8199373873927274533_n.jpg (530x428, 26K)

Just plug your headphones in and put on an album you like

It's a mistake to think that running is supposed to be a pleasurable activity. It's not -- it's work, and the reward is what you earn by putting in that sustained effort over time. Track your progress and watch your physique transform into something you're proud of and that makes women feel drawn to you. That's where the enjoyment comes from. It will teach you the importance of delayed gratification, which is one of the most important keys to life.

bruh this is the best feeling unless you're a bitch or a faggot or both.
sweating during any type of physical or manual labor feels fuckin great, and the ice cold shower after a hard days work is pure ecstasy.

>itt: fatfucks that can't run

running is literally what humans are meant for. the most basic and natural instinct and so many people can't/don't run properly

Attached: 1447541737779.jpg (300x463, 43K)

i had no idea my arms had moods
and its still present in the brain, tard

gay

Wow that me atm. I got broad shoulders but narrow ass waist n thin legs

>running
You fucked up. Look into Tabata intervals. Do 4 minutes on an air bike max effort. It will crush you but it's quick and you can shitpost on 4channel while you're lying on the ground sucking wind.

>not working out to push your body to the limit so you can tiptoe the line between feeling so alive with adrenaline and feeling so exhausted you'd rather die
Never ever gonna make it.

Its a lot better if you do it outside rather then on a treadmill. Its nice if you have a partner to run with too, or listen to music

uh, no thanks faggot. keep your fartnerd, i'd rather run alone.

I thought it would make me feel better but I still sort of want to kill myself. This may be true.

hell yeah!

Trail runs are god tier. Just go out and explore.

asians are so fucking ugly, holy shit

Start running for time or something

800m or 1500m and try and improve your time

long distance running is for plebs, track is the king

immediately after you stop doing it and the endorphin rush kicks in

Cross the block?

I have a strange attraction to slightly above average Asian women are an interesting. Maybe because they’re so easily accessible?

when the Stockholm syndrome kicks in

Try better music to space out to while running

I do half marathons. I practice at 7 miles with a half marathon distance run once a week. At my level it costs gains but I run competitively. For me, it has always been a form of meditation. I've found that 20 minutes of deep breathing and meditation before a run is a fuckmassive improvement for the run itself. Doing both deep breathing and long distance running gives you insights on your personal life you might not otherwise have.

Tl;dr running is time to reflect. Meditating and deep breathing makes it 10x better git rekt fatfuck

This
Psytrance, classical, and sitar shit is top tier

lmao

After 4 miles

Based. Are you reading '12 steps to life' rn too?

I'm 5'7 and I've been running since I was 200 lbs. Get good, kid.

eh I have no need to stop biking and swinging kettleballs.

You can feel when your joints are getting stressed, there's no need to complete a mathematical spreadsheet of running distances.

Jesus she’s gorgeous.

Attached: 68916A71-FA82-4D7F-B5D5-145B555ED92E.jpg (700x393, 78K)

She seems more cute. Camera angle is making her melon seem less round, looks like a cute and fit girl next door type which is sexy but not gorgeous
t. m'lady

Usually the first half mile kinda sucks until the endorphins hit and I get a wicked runners high. I have no idea what everyone in this thread is saying, it's like meditation for me.

>tfw no qt SE Asian gf

There’s one at my job, holy shit she is gorgeous. Doesn’t even wear makeup and looks amazing

Attached: 0DC5D301-1AF6-422E-B60F-00D569446D49.jpg (1080x1350, 171K)

When you begin to experience the benefits of cardiovascular training. It’s similar to seeing bigger numbers on your barbell, but I’m feeling form.

Tfw legs feel itchy and on fire for only 10minutes of interval running / walking.

When does this stop I’ve been going for weeks was a cardiolet for awhile

I sometimes get itchy legs as well when running, what the fuck is it from?

The burn is from bad oxygen efficiency. If you’re relatively new at or undergoing serious running training your muscles will need more oxygen since they’re not fully adapted. It goes away after a couple about a week of running.

Itchy legs I’ve found is because of capillaries being formed inside your legs, which are essentially means more blood is being sent to them. More blood = more oxygen = more efficiency.

I think it's just circulation in the skin capillaries?

What about intense lower-jaw pain? Like in the bone itself? I'm pretty sure that's circulation, pushing my cardio and blood pressure up causes an intense, deep ache in my lower molars and jaw-angle area. It seems circulatory not muscular. My teeth actually throb in pain.

>I’ve found is because of capillaries being formed inside your legs
I agreed with you basically, but how have you 'found' that? Is that just your theory or do you have information that that's what it is? It's a good theory, just curious.

ok so I recently picked up running, except I feel like I can't get enough air flow through my nose.
am I fucked or does this get better? or am I just a retard who is over breathing?

Attached: IMG_0218.jpg (640x1138, 56K)

>cardio
lmao found the fatties on the board

Fuck that book is so long. He sucks at writing in my opinion.

stay mad you retard

I'm 6'0 205 and run a mile in 7 minutes. Stop making excuses tubby

When I first started running I had the same thing happen to me. I looked it up since I wanted to get better at running but I hated that feeling. I still read on running techniques and the capillary thing always shows up - it’s an adaptation to the training, and they can go away if you don’t keep that training. It’s similar to how if you do strength training for a while you become more vascular over time since your veins get larger to allow more blood to flow.

But fatties don't run...?

Go for a run in deep nature. You'll feel it then.

I do HIIT and LISS every week via 24kg kettlebell and bike. There's no reason for me to run until I'm lean.

holy shit how gay are you