Is it possible I am schizoid?

Is it possible I am schizoid?
>27 years old
>have career, decent income above 120k/year
>no friends
>don't leave home other than work and groceries
>never had a gf
>fucked a couple women in the past in order to see what being normal is like
>the few times I tried dating, I went out maybe twice and just stopped talking to them because I couldn't stand them taking up my time or energy
>no desire to try dating again
>no desire to make friends
>people in the past have told me they are unable to "read me"

Attached: boomer.jpg (675x601, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4WwAQqWUkpI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes
whats your job?

pharmacist and i hate it. i only keep doing it for the money

>the few times I tried dating, I went out maybe twice and just stopped talking to them because I couldn't stand them taking up my time or energy

I'm sort of similar, only that my mind keeps telling me that I should date and desire a gf.
So basically, I feel lonely when I don't have a gf, but feel like "she's weasting my time" whenever I do. It's a real limbo.

Attached: 51505945_243738656578258_2992894775637573632_n.jpg (960x960, 41K)

All of this.
I always attributed it to being ISTP or maybe a sigma male.

oh cool. what are the studies for become a pharmacist?

I always score INTP for what it's worth.
2 years of pre-pharmacy university, then 4 years of pharmacy.

why did you choose that career?

Easy to do the course work. Easy to get a job. Job is low effort. Guaranteed 6 figure income upon graduation. Actually I was on /sci/ back years ago and someone from my university was complaining about how they couldn't get in. So I looked up the admission stats, income, job availability, etc. and then applied for it myself.

Do you also have trust issues?

I don't really know anyone well enough to trust them other than my parents, so perhaps so.

Fugg am I schizo?

Attached: 34763427632763247732.jpg (800x450, 46K)

Possible, but you don't want people on the internet diagnosing you. See a professional if you're really curious. Though there's no real point to it since there isn't much help for schizoids anyway.

Yeah the signs are all there, even though is right, you are a bonafide /schizoid/ without a doubt. I'm sorry but it's terminal.

I can relate. All of my friends quit talking to me and women only text me for a day or two and ghost me. I act normal and don't talk crazy. I completely gave up and now I do nothing but work and binge drink. The only time I leave the house is to pay bills and buy food, alcohol, and cigarettes. I've completely given up on a social life.

>has career
>has fucked women
No you're not. You're a normgroid.

Fellow pharmacist here. Where do you work? I recently left retail to work in LTC and my life is much better.

user, no one's gonna diag nose you man, if you wanna talk to people then talk to them if you don't then go about your usual bussiness.

I can't say exactly otherwise it'd be possible to find out who I am. Small town, small corporate chain retail pharmacy. That sounds nice, I think if I were to change my career though I would try to get out of pharmacy completely. Once I have enough money stockpiled that is.

Dude even small towns have a pharmacist. You can probably go to any city and find a job at some point in time.why not look before you go

Yeah I might if there's something good out there.

Picking a random neighborhood in city might be hard but not un doable. Just go for a shorter lease until you get a feel for the area. Then head from there

what sort of retail pharmacy did you work at? do you work in a small or large community?

Small town retail isn't so bad as far as working conditions/salary/saturation. I work in a small town and yea, it's really hard to make friends and socialize. I have to drive over an hour to the city to hang out with some of my friends from pharmacy school.

I am trying to stockpile $600k and then I can basically be NEET if I want to/start a business/live overseas/etc... in the meantime I feel like my life is on hold. Forcing myself to fake being a normie at work is draining.

Sigh. It could always be worse. If I had no hope other than working at CVS the rest of my life I would have probably killed myself by now.

What do you have to do to become a pharmacist??? I've always wanted to become one. Like what are the steps OP?

Get a reasonable house, a hobby, and be open to going to events. Get on meet up just do t disappear.

Is there anything wrong with being a schizoid? Says it's a personality disorder online but on who's authority? Just cause it's different way of thinking/lifestyle from the majority of people?

Yeah my working conditions aren't bad. I just hate seeing people and speaking to them each day. Pretending to care. Fortunately I don't have friends to go see. I don't want to live in the city. I'm aiming to purchase land so I can be isolated.

Sounds like things are pretty good for you though, just reach that goal and gtfo out of pharmacy if you can.
it's mostly too saturated now for it to be worth it as far as i know. look at a university and see their admission requirements.

Do you do drugs recreationally? Have you ever thought about swiping pills here and there? How much did your degree cost you?

2 years undergrad then apply to pharmacy school. There are so many new schools that have opened up literally anyone can get in (as in people with

>Do you do drugs recreationally?
Yes (weekends only). I have tried most of the main classes of recreational drugs. Unfortunately, we are subject to random urine drug screenings (i.e. if some inventory goes missing they will drug test everyone). Therefore, I only use drugs that do not appear on a standard 10-panel drug screen, of make sure I take enough time off to have the drug out of my system by the time I have to return to work.

>Have you ever thought about swiping pills here and there?
Absolutely not. The risk/reward is huge risk for small reward, especially if it is just a few pills. If you are ever caught, good luck ever finding a job again, and any drug charge will show up on your pharmacist license when employers search it. I could probably get away with taking one or two of the lower levels of controlled substances, but eventually if you take enough it will flag a discrepancy in the inventory. The highest tier drugs (Dilaudid, Oxycontin, morphine, etc) are counted monthly and one tablet missing would be highly suspicious. I have heard stories of pharmacists stealing but it usually involves fraud on a large scale (i.e. forging invoices, count logs, prescriptions, etc.).

It's only a disorder if it

>hurts you
>hurts others
>prevents you from living a normal life

If not, then you have personality traits, not a disorder.

you sound very familiar. do you live in ny state?

Everyone carries different amounts of different kinds of mentally illness so most likely, yes OP

nah i'm not.
no i don't do any drugs and no i don't steal. i used to drink alcohol fairly frequently but i stopped that a while ago. i don't remember exactly what it cost, but tuition was about 12k a year. you have to factor in other things like opportunity cost, relocation, student loan interest, etc.

ASK A PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGIST/PSYCHIATRIST NOT A BUNCH OF DWEEBY ANGSTY SELF-DIAGNOSING RETARDS ON THE INTERNET

too much work and no point lol

THEN WHY DO YOU CARE? DO YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE YOUR DIAGNOSIS OF A MENTAL ILLNESS LIKE A GOLD STAR? DO YOU WANT TO COMPETE IN THE OPPPRESSION OLYMPICS AND NEED MORE DATA HOW YOUR LIFE IS OH SO HARD? DO YOU WANT VALIDATION THAT YOU HAVE THIS MYSTERIOUS AND BROODING MENTAL DISORDER WHEN YOU'RE PROBABLY JUST AN ASSHOLE?
FUCK OFF MATE, YOUR PITY PARTY TYPES DESTROYED THIS BOARD AND I'M SICK OF IT

being sad about yourself is a personality trait these days
he thinks he's special
we're all fucking sad
im 26/khhv/neet/with no car living with my mom entirely off her income with no health insurance im fat as fuck with terrible teeth and i think i'm dying but i can't get it checked out because it would literally be hundreds of dollars and my mom doesn't have that kind of money
shit sucks FOR EVERYONE
everything is bad FOR EVERYONE
you're not special OP

I DIDN'T ASK FOR MORE FUCKING WHINING ABOUT YOUR SHITTY LIFE AND HOW YOU FUCKED IT UP, THIS ISN'T YOUR PERSONAL BLOG SITE

True, since the symptoms of being a schizoid literally don't sound like problems or mental issues to anyone with a real mental illness. I mean isn't schizoid like "I don't particularly feel like socializing at the present time mom"

Same af. I got out of a relationship bc of that(and she was a BPD fuck) and hopped right back into one. For the first 7 months it was pretty good but I feel myself slipping back into the dark

You're not schizo. If you've ever met someone that actually has that disorder, you'd realize how fucked up they actually are. It's debated as even being a subtype of schizophrenia. People with this disorder really don't want to be around others, and they would never actually seek out sex. They have absolutely zero desire for social interactions

You're more like a failed normie. You grew up on the tail end of the 90s era, and you either refuse to adapt or refuse to participate with the current year's dating and socializing norms.

I'm 32 and I can sympathize with you. I thought the same thing for a long time. I get bored really easily with women and people around my age. They all seem like carbon copies of each other and they live in social media bubbles and their entire lives are based on consuming. I've only found one girl that I actually felt I had some kind of natural connection with and enjoyed being with, but she had three kids, so it couldn't last.

>People with this disorder really don't want to be around others, and they would never actually seek out sex. They have absolutely zero desire for social interactions

Generalizing hard. Its not like schizoids are people who are somehow missing the component in their brain that lets them feel shit. Its not either you like socializing or you have zero biochemical reaction to socializing

>Schizoid personality disorder is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary or sheltered lifestyle, secretiveness, emotional coldness, detachment, and apathy.

Note how it doesn't say

Schizoid personality disorder is a personality disorder where a person literally can't feel anything from a social interaction, emotions don't exist, and can't even feel physical pleasure if it is caused by a human

Many of you like to think that every person diagnosed with a mental disorder is some kind of super villain who lives in an parallel reality where emotions literally don't exist. There's better schizoids and worse schizoids.

Cry more dumb babies
That makes sense. Im able to have a fairly normal life just without modern normal socialization.

youtube.com/watch?v=4WwAQqWUkpI
Maybe you're schizotypal?

Have you ever met someone that was an actual diagnosed schizoid? I have, and they are usually very shy and "odd", and I don't mean that in a crazy way. They will intentionally go out of their way to avoid interactions with people. Most of them don't even like talking to other people on forums.

You're right, there are good and bad variants, but on average, they do everything possible to not be around others.

Read here This OP would probably be completely happy to go out and have a quiet drink or dinner with you, but he'd be miserable at a club or in a large crowd. I bet he'd be fine dating a cute homebody girl, whereas most schizoids don't want to date at all.

>I get bored really easily with women and people around my age. They all seem like carbon copies of each other and they live in social media bubbles and their entire lives are based on consuming.
God fucking damn if anything described how I felt swiping away on tinder last year its this.