How much could you bench press your first time

how much could you bench press your first time

i remember my very first time the most i did were 4 reps of 75lbs

Attached: 9D14EC49-E98C-4260-A025-5D3F4525D358.jpg (1000x563, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bmjr4Q6je8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My first bench press was with 30lb dumbbells for five.
I can't remember what it was with barbell.
Six years later and I'm benching 415lbs.

Attached: 115a2bed1bd2bc86db2fcf26518d5a19.jpg (850x1200, 117K)

The bar when I was around 14, although it was incline.
Picked it back up a year ago or so and have never broke 220
Bout to say fuck it and go ottermode

Attached: CEBF5F09-9E6F-42BF-8EF7-31A0F0F81049.jpg (675x676, 43K)

started in Feb at 90. Can 5x5 185 as of this week.

could barely do the bar even once lol, i actually started with 25lb dumbbells

LMFAO 95 lbs two years ago now I'm benching 225 for 5

Started at bar around a year and a half ago, now I'm still barely above 1 pl8 (currently like 165)
What the fuck am I doing wrong?

Attached: 1558782579312.gif (380x214, 756K)

How many times do you barbell bench, once a week?
Usually, increasing the volume increases the gains.

It ain't about where your from OP, it's about where you at.

I maxed out 225 when I was in high school, stopped lifting for 7 years, now my bench is 125 :(
But I'll work to get it back

I spent an entire year training pushups before trying bench, my first session was 135lbs, 3x8. All my other lifts were laughably weak.

new lifter i maxed at 165 my first time but thast cuz i did a shit ton of pullups at home.

im dyel (obviously) so dont le post body me

Used to be once or twice a week, now twice a week religiously, still barely adding weight. Currently do 4x5 with first 2 sets at a comfortable weight (currently 155) and then the last two sets at higher weight (currently 165).
I also do dumbbell incline and flies in addition to curls/farmers walks/standard arm shit so I don't think my arms are the problem. I'm dyel of course, have the body of a JV high school athlete

Attached: 1552733036518.jpg (749x676, 48K)

95lbs was my first memory. I put 2 10's on the bar and did 3 sets of 10. It was for track conditioning my sophomore year of HS.
My 1rm is now 260lbs. Can't wait to get 3pl8s !

Watch this video and try to use what Alan says about leg drive.
>youtube.com/watch?v=Bmjr4Q6je8I
>inb4 hurr Thrall memes
Even though he himself doesn't bench a lot, I basically do what he says in this video and I bench 415lbs.
As you would expect, eating at a surplus will help you immensely.

40kg for 8 reps
I never benched more than 60kg for the next 2 years of lifting. Why you ask? Because I was a retard and didn't know what I was doing.

whats the diet been like? trying to recomp while making gains or bulking and still not seeing results?

>used to bench 65 for 5x5
>now bench 205 for 4
>two years later
I need to eat more I know, if you guys have any tips about organizing your diet per day I'd appreciate it

Attached: 1536950800975.png (875x1400, 331K)

Started with 60 on a bar. Over two months, got to 80. I made my own bar from pipe so I eventually ran out of plates. Consequently, I switched to one arm presses where I'm doing 35 (less plates)
(I'm a beginner and this has generally been 3x12)

I got 115lbs my first time with pretty dogshit form. I think I was 14? Whatever a freshman in highschool is.

Benched 115 lbs the first time, summer before sophomore year

Nothing. Lots of lies in threads like this. Just keep grinding you'll get strong. For most it takes time, don't believe half the estatters here.

augh, god, thanks for the reminder
>freshman year
>duke of skellys (6'0, 135 lbs)
>innaweightroom at school, tryna get jacked
>decide to bench press
>acquire spotter
>fail to bench the bar

After doing knee pushups for about a month I approached the granddaddy bench and was able to press a whole 65 lbs. 5x10. I went up to 85 thinking it would impress this chick that was benching the bar next to me. Miserable fucking failure. I had to roll of shame my first time out.

185x6 4 sets i had trained dumbell floor press, push-ups and dips for a few months prior tho

I did exactly 45lbs because I wasn't in a hurry

why do dudes you like bother to lie lol

i cook a kg of ground beef in the morning and put it in the fridge, lasts all day

forgot to specify lbs not kg

Today i flat benchrd 1plate and a 25 each side for 5 reps but i started with incline bench first

2 reps of 135

I could hardly lift the bar the first time I ever bench pressed in high school. Worked put for 2 years and made massive progress. Took a year off. Just started back a month ago with benching 25s, now up to 35s this past week. On my way to the 1pl8

what a loser.

barely the bar

Math is hard.

Are you crazy, I could do only the bar first 3 weeks

What you did wrong? Teach me

I call bulshit, you did not go from 90 1rm to 185 5x5 on your bench in 4 months, not even with noob gains

Attached: Jar Jar Love Me at my Worst.jpg (1114x676, 424K)

1p8 for reps at 13, but it was ugly as fuck and all over the place like a newborn fawn.

My first session I benched 30 kg for sets of 5. If you believe all the bros in this sub everyone starts with at least 1pl8 though.

Absolutely no one believes you started benching over 60 kg at the age of 13. Stop LARPing.

first bench was 85 lbs, 20 on each side

get on a novice routine

If you played sports as a kid and didn’t play vidya and eat like shit it’s not that hard to believe.

My first day in the gym (which was a little over a month ago) I attempted 65 for 5x5, failed in the 4th set. Went back after a couple days and did the 5x5 at the same weight without failing a rep. I’m at 80lbs this week.

65lbs for 10 reps I think. I was and am a weak manlet.

I think I managed to get 5 reps of 1pl8 in my second week. It hasnt gone up hugely in last 5 years though, I'm lucky to get 5 reps of 2pl8 these days.

I did 50 kgs for 5 reps if I remember correctly. Was a 64 kg skinny dyel at the time. I was doing push-ups regularly at home before that, though. Probably why I could start at higher weight.

Like 70lbs, I was 15 then. My cousin started training me and got me up to like 150lbs after like 3 months. Started training again later and now I'm at 315 at 20.

bro, its not hard. like all half decent American football linemen hit around 185 to 225 for reps at the end of freshmen year of highschool.

95 lbs assuming the bar weighed 45 pounds back in high school. My 1rm is calculated to be 206 lbs now. My goal is 250. That's not a lot at all but it will be more than my bodyweight and I'll feel good about that.

I went 64lbs for five reps because that's all i had in my home (it was my dad's old barbell from the 70's) and i remember clearly how i felt like hot shit because i had never done any other physical activity in my life, squatted that shit too and felt like king of the world, that was about a year ago and now I'm at 220lbs.

Attached: lmao.jpg (385x379, 120K)

For now, 5kg plates and 4x8

90 lbs x 8 then I got pinned and some skelly had to free me

Around lmao2pl8 but that was quite a while ago and I haven't tried since then.

Attached: gcr1xkv3ss331.jpg (317x288, 15K)

>meesa bar-bar binks meesa lifta weights

40kg starting, hit 1pl8 after 2 months. Then took me 18 months to get to where I am now at 110 3x5. I hit 115 for a double last week, but I've caught a cold and am beginning a cut from next month, so this is the best I'll be for a long while.

LBS

The very first time I did like 65 because I had never lifted before and wanted to get a feel for it without snapping my shit. But I was up to 155 within about a week, and I figure I probably could have done that on the first day if I'd had the form down and not been such a pussy.

Could barely lift the bar.

135 for 8. I probably could have done more but I was at karate for a long time growing up which included a lot of pushups, and was always somewhat athletic.

What's that guy gonna do when he's finished with his set?

Attached: 0b6b9c20.png (741x568, 29K)

10kg 3x12