Carnivore Diet General

Yo, I've been seeing a lot of interest in carnivore on here, and I'm actually interested in trying it myself. This thread is basically a test thread to see if there's enough interest to justify a general.
I'd really like this to be more focused on the science of the diet and personal testimonials, similar to how /fast/ was. Hopefully shitflinging with vegans and balanced diet folks can be kept to a minimum in this thread, although it's bound to happen to some degree.
Anyway, some useful links:
The Fat of the Land:
highsteaks.com/the-fat-of-the-land-not-by-bread-alone-vilhjalmur-stefansson.pdf
Zerocarb (Carnivore) as described by the Bear, Owsley Stanley:
highsteaks.com/carnivores-creed/owsley-the-bear-stanley/bears-words-of-wisdom/
And one thing I've found very useful and currently reading:
reddit.com/r/zerocarb/comments/8lz86e/vitaminmineral_content_of_animal_foods_do_animal/
Because I wanted to be sure that I could get adequate nutrients on this diet before considering it.
I'm mainly interested in the diet as an anti-inflammation diet. Anyone here been on the diet for a while that could give some advice?

Attached: 79486547986.jpg (1024x768, 401K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCoHYZAoWPc-m6NM6gWhJRjw/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FotL is awesome, and that Owsley doc is a decent read. I've been doing it for about 6 months, it's the easiest thing in the world. Just give it a go and see how you feel.
One anecdote that's pretty common- I've started eating raw meat. At first I was grilling ribeyes and salting them but over the months I craved rarer and rarer steaks with less and less salt until I just started eating it right out of the fridge. I also now mix raw eggs into my milk and have added cheese into the mix. Sometimes I want fattier cuts, sometimes leaner, just follow your cravings.
Don't know what else to say. Feels good man.

youtube.com/channel/UCoHYZAoWPc-m6NM6gWhJRjw/videos
listen to some Shawn Baker podcasts, lots of people diving deep into science of relevant shit like cholesterol, protein metabolism, nutrition, athletics, industry.

Thanks for the testimonial bro. Six months is a good amount of time. What changes have you noticed?

HPO podcast rocks, if you can stomache narcissistic youtubers then there's sv3rige and Frank tufano as well

I see a lot of people get by on just cooked ground beef and water. I don't see a reason to think they're lying. Fascinating how easy it apparently is to be carnivore. The easiest diet period.

Sv3rige can't really be described as a carnivore though, right? He eats raw fruit and vegetables as well

it's a fucking gold mine, I've been listening to a lot of the people who I recognize.
sv3rige is good for memes.
Francine Tufana is like a physical manifestation of r/zerocarb. he's a fugaze punk ass bitch that knows nothing.

Effortlessly lean
Perfect pooing (solid, once every 3 days or so, just falls right out)
Haven't farted once, no bloating, gas, heavy stomache, etc.
Feel like I have more energy/a bigger gas tank to get through the day
Hard to pin down the exact reasons, I just feel good.

Yeah there's no convenient term for what he does- raw meat and raw dairy and fruit in the summer (afaik he doesn't touch veggies)

That seems consistent with other peoples' reports that I've been reading. Encouraging stuff.
Out of my own curiosity and focus, have you noticed any changes to your hair, skin, and sleep? Do you find you need less sleep, maybe?

raw primal, Aajonus Vonderplanitz's diet.
his books are;
We Want To Live
The Recipe for Living Without Disease

not gonna lie i cant remember the last time i pooped. i dont feel backed up though.

Excellent, will nab those. I love this stuff.

I haven't noticed any changes like that, one thing I'm curious about is to see if it will affect my grey hair at all (35 years old, started greying in college). A few months ago I plucked a grey chest hair and the base had actually turned black again, probably just a coincidence (my family goes great early) but I'm keeping an eye on it.

Oh and for hair and skin I started water-only washing two months ago. No soap, shampoo, conditioner, nothing, just water. I buzzed my hair short to skip the oily transition phase. Last week I washed my hair with baking soda for the first time to try it out. Next experiment will be turning off the hot water heater and going cold water only (well, room temp water technically).
So now I'm a raw meat eating water washing freak, although no one knows because I don't tell anyone this stuff.

I'm greying early too. I'm really hopeful about the sleep thing because I sleep way too much, like 9-12 hours for nights in a row, and its extremely difficult for me to wake up on time to the point that its disrupted my life. Jordan Peterson said that when he went only beef he found that he only needed around 5 hours of sleep a night and that he woke up naturally and easily, without any brain fog or that feeling of sheer death some of us experience in the morning. A few others have had similar experiences so I'm really holding out hope that carnivore will fix this for me.
Tbqh I think it might be a consequence of the fact that my current SAD diet is high sugar and high carb.

Kek I don't tell anyone about these strategies either, saves a lot of pain. Might be tough to hide carnivore though, but I'm going to get by as long as I can by simply saying that I'm too full from a previous meal to eat or pretending that I just really like meat and don't like how veggies taste.

I like to mention this stuff if the conversation steers in that direction, always fun to spook people and it helps reinforce your ideology when you can defend it from criticism.

I feel it. For me I used to love to argue with people but now I'm starting to feel like its just wasted time. People are ideologically entrenched and almost never bring you a good debate that will challenge you, they just use common fallacies. Usually it just poisons that person's view of you too.
If someone seems intelligent and reasonable on Jow Forums and they have the opposing stance and want to debate then I'll engage, but that's incredibly rare.

I really dont like steaks could i just eat chicken, turkey and minced meat and be okay? +how many grams would you eat daily(just your calorie goal?)

I think you might have a hard time without consuming beef or lamb. Do you like ground beef, or cuts of lamb?

I eat mostly just red meat and veggies, like another user mentioned you gotta follow your cravings.
(Occasionally fish)

Although he's taking a huge risk eating raw(if hes not trolling) I can definitely sympathize with craving bloodier and bloodier meat.

Ground beef = minced meat no? And yea I it lamb so i should be fine? No lack of vitamins or anything?

Dont wanna get scurvy or anything

Not trolling, I really prefer my meat raw. It's like the difference between sashimi and a baked fish, the taste and texture is much more appetizing uncooked. I recognize and accept the risk of bacteria, parasites, etc. but i believe it's wildly overblown and my experience has been nothing but positive. If any harm comes my way I'll reevaluate and share my experience.

>Ground beef = minced meat no?
Yeah I guess so, minced meat is just an unusual term.
>And yea I it lamb so i should be fine? No lack of vitamins or anything?
I would guess so, but make sure to do your research and if you're concerned with vitamin intake then you should also eat animal organs. I posted a helpful link in the OP that covers how to hit all your nutrient requirements on a carnivore diet. You can do it if you're willing to eat organs and fish in addition to your preferred meats.
>Dont wanna get scurvy or anything
Thankfully I haven't heard of a single case of someone developing scurvy while on this diet.

From what I've seen it does appear that the concerns with raw meat are very overblown especially if you are careful about your sourcing. There are many, many people who have been eating raw meat for years and not gotten sick.

minced meat is the standard britbong term for ground meat

Ah

I'm eating pepperoni right now I know Frank the Fag wouldn't approve

can I eat eggs on CD?

>I think you might have a hard time without consuming beef or lamb
Why?

I watched his inteview with Joe Rogan. Unless he's trying to simplify matters for a broad public, he's spouting a lot of bro science for a doctor... He doesn't even have his blood checked regularly...

Don't know about anyone else here, but I can't remember a time where I wasn't eatting meat.
Even before I was born my Mom CRAVED meat, beef, bison, chicken all of it.
Then as I grew up I would gag when I ate veggies or fruit (once puked when I ate a grape).
Nowadays I eat a pound or two of ground beef with some red onions and cilantro with some seasoning mixes.
My variety of foods has increased a bit, but I still eat meat like 90% of my meals.

The diet community seems to be very beef-focused and I've heard people say that really the emphasis should just be on ruminant animals, beef/lamb/goat. They seemed more knowledgeable than me, I don't necessarily understand why, maybe beef is richer than poultry?
On a side note I personally detest poultry compared to red meat. I've never had goat, I love lamb, I love beef, think chicken and turkey is fairly gross unless you put so many spices on it that the appeal of the dish is no longer the meat itself, and think fish is alright but not preferable.

Yes, the definition of the diet is simply anything that is an animal product. Some people even include a little bit of honey.
The Bear talks about this. He says that very young children will often refuse fruit and vegetables and have to be socially trained to eat them, but will accept and consume meat, even raw meat. My roomate told me a story a while ago about some childhood memory he had of sitting at the table as a young kid with his dad who wouldn't let him leave the table until he ate a piece of broccoli. He ate it and immediately threw up.

Carnivore diet and vegan diet both are a huge improvement over what the regular american eats. Both are unlikely to be optimal though. Benefits from a carnivore diet might just be because it simulates fasting since it leaves a large part of the gut unused. So yes it could help with inflammation, although regular fasting with a more balanced diet might get you the same benefits, without the potential danger of exclusively eating meat long term.

scurvy happens from eating salt cured foods, or overcooked foods. they are nutrient deprived. it's not relevant to vitamin C.

I eat grocery store meat raw, whatever cut is on sale, sometimes the manager's special.
with beef steak it really doesn't matter.

Carnivore diets are as stupid as vegan diets. We're omnivores.

guarantee you have no idea what bloodwork means. regardless, if you value your blood markers so highly watch Dave Feldman. he draws blood at least once a week, sometimes 3 times a day.

fat profiles are better on ruminants, so if you want to omit carbs completely you need the superior meat.
if you look at okinawans they eat a lot of pork but they're also far from carnivore. when eating these worse fat profiled meats you need some carbs to balance your energy.

don't get caught up on labels, just eat real, whole foods and what makes you feel best.
I tried carnivore, but felt so much better when I added a piece of fruit back into my diet.