>be me
>started working out a 40 or so days ago
>eating chicken and rice every day
>only eat lunch and dinner
>run 10 minutes and lift for 30 almost every day
>sometimes 10-15 mile bike rides
>taking preworkout to improve my workout
>still gaining weight instead of losing it

What am I doing wrong? I’m trying to lose weight and not be a fat slob like my old HS friends are becoming, but I am gaining weight instead of losing it

Attached: image.jpg (800x450, 106K)

Are you at a caloric deficit??
You could be puttin on muscle and cutting fat which is hard to do, focus on what your body looks like and not exactly what you weigh. Also like above CALORIE DEFICIT.

try cutting back on the rice. carbs are killers, if you're trying to lose weight. try to minimize it to around 40 net carbs a a day

Autistically count calories.
Also don't workout everyday. Muscles growing is them tearing and healing. They need the rest days.

I think I am, my diet is really just lunch, which admittedly is not always the best but also is a lot better than it used to be, and then a chicken breast and a half cup of rice

I’ve cut out most pop, drinking tons of water

Run 6-7mph for 10-12 minutes for cardio

And repeat pretty much every day. I’ve since gained some weight that I’ve been trying to lose.

I’m 5’10 194-198 depending on the time of day.

I don’t work out every day, but I do try to get cardio every day (running, biking). The weekends are always tough for me to get anything in

Hmm. Try eating a small brekky to get your metabolism goin, also chug a big ol glass of water in the morning. Ive been on a clenbuterol cut for like 5 weeks and ive lost 25 lbs. Maybe try that?

6'4"
320 to 295 now

You might be eating too few calories.

That's a shit ton of activity and the bigger deficit you have the more your body wants to hold onto fat

Is there some sort of calculator or formula I can use to determine how much I’m supposed to eat?

muscle is denser than fat, you're just in a recomposition phase. Stop giving a fuck about what the scale says. Is your waste slimming? Is your chest/arms/legs growing in diameter? Are your lifts increasing? Are your runs/rides improving?

Who cares about poundage?

Yeah just look up TDEE calculator on Google

Also the poster here is right If you've never lifted before you have 6 months to a year of noob gains where you will gain a shit ton of muscle and strength. Muscle is denser than fat so you might put on weight. Honestly don't worry about the scale and just use the mirror. Measure your waist once a week and see if you're losing inches

Well, for one, I would suggest not skipping breakfast. Even something simple like a hardboiled egg, or an apple and some almonds would do you good. But like the other anons are saying, make sure don't take in too many calories. I really suggest using an app to count them.

Attached: maxmain.jpg (1200x1200, 278K)

Attached: Unknown.png (217x232, 8K)

Don't skip breakfast. Take a multivitamin daily. Eat spinach or broccoli.

this
you can also use myfitnesspal to log everything, it's free

it's all estimates though, you need to check your weight gain/loss and adjust accordingly.

do you usually look better as your at a surplus and gaining weight overall, even if your starting from a point of very slight skinnyfatness?

im like 10lb above 6pack abs or so, and cutting this last part sucks, imm thinking of just going into a surplus and adding a ton of weight then cutting the fat off later, but im worried i will look like shit int he meantime.

is 160lb skinnyfat worse aesthetically than 180lb with 10lb of muscle and 10lb of fat added, as an example?

I take a multivitamin sometimes if I remember. I have a daily reminder but I’m always busy, even at night so a lot of times I skip.

Do I go for eggs for breakfast? Pop tart? I work an hour away so it’s hard to get up early enough to prepare food.

I appreciate all the help boys.

The motivation for all of this is two things:
1. I just graduated and started a job so I am trying to make working out into my routine and start burning off some college fat and making my muscle bigger

2. I met up with my high school best friend and he is bigger than fucking Santa Claus. It’s hard to believe someone can get so big in only a few years.

I am most concerned about my face. My cheeks are pretty fat and it makes taking pictures out right embarrassing. I can notice 5-10lbs fluctuation in my face alone

If havent read the sticky, this isnt in an insulting manner. Youre doing good OP, other anons are right. Maybe look for some info on it to help you. Good luck brah

Have I gained weight? yes
Have I gained fat? no

Attached: sexy_blaha.png (301x606, 118K)

>metabolism going

Fuck off.

OP you’re a fat fuck who is eating too much. Learn to count calories.

Yes I have read it but it seems like I should be making more progress.

I’m not fat, but I’m not skinny and fit like I used to be when I was playing all kinda of sports in high school