Do schizos actually get cured?

Or is it a "swallow meds until you die" type of situation?

Attached: Everyday.png (600x600, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=u_wEYfjLrSs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

there a cure for every disease except death user. Somedays we will cure for that

for me its psychedelics until i die
im a little crazier but its more fun living life that way

I've heard of people stopping taking meds at some point in their life because they can handle it. So I guess you dont need antipsychotics your whole life.

Why am I attracted to schizophrenic girls? Is it because there is a lot of mental illness including schizophrenia running in my family? I dont know. The thought of a virgin eastern european schizophrenic girl is just nice to me. Reminds me of girls like Samara Morgan minus the printing abominable images in peoples brain via telepathy part.

Schizoids or schizophrenics? Either way the answer is no to both, though the schizoid doesn't even require meds.

Attached: 1549240837158.jpg (540x540, 20K)

>schizoid
What does this even mean?

What effects do psychedelics have on you? Do the voices become nicer or something? hehe.
>I've heard of people stopping taking meds at some point in their life because they can handle it
Is it maybe because of the med's long -term effects? Like do they destroy your brain or something?
>Samara Morgan
She's pretty creepy desu. I'm not like that.
I'm afraid it's schizophrenic at this point.

>I've heard of people stopping taking meds at some point in their life because they can handle it.
Isn't that what John Nash did?

>schizoid
you were one google search away from embarrassing yourself

>Schizoid personality disorder is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary or sheltered lifestyle, secretiveness, emotional coldness, detachment, and apathy.
so schizoid = depression? why have a separate name for it then?

i don't know, why do doctors give adderall to elementary students? they're just making up shit bc big pharma is profitable

69 nice
also it makes them go away
or at least i can visualize them as real things
then i can deal with them easier

No, it's distinct from depression. Schizoid is specifically someone who is completely uninterested in other people. Depressives don't have that quality. People who are depressed often want human connection but can't achieve it.

>unemployment disorder

>I'm afraid it's schizophrenic at this point.
You're fucked op, better ask your local licensed pill dealer for meds. You won't be cured but you can be sedated just enough to function "normally".

sounds like bullshit
probably

No
You're here forever
Embrace it.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=u_wEYfjLrSs

>sounds like bullshit
It's not.

What exactly do you mean "sedated"? I don't want to be a vegetable. Though I feel like I might become one regardless.

Lethargic, not "You". Whatever genius you have right now might disappear.

>I don't want to be a vegetable.
No don't worry they don't do that, they just dial down your brain a bit.

Also I'm starting to think you're not larping about this, if voices and stuff become unbearable I advice you to give pills a chance, but it's not a decision to be taken lightly, do your research and talk with your family even if you don't like them because should meds worsen things who's going to take care of you?

That's just too depressing to think about. It seems like you just can't win either way.

Daily reminder to punch any mentally ill roastie if she ever gets the idea to have children.

yes thats what he did, with support from his wife

life isn't fair, user. sometimes you have to make compromises.

I only suffer because my mother couldn't make a compromise.

I recommend letting yourself get really bad so when you first take medications the improvement will be massive and will give you more strength and incentive to fight.
This is what I unintentionally did and it worked well.

But does it make a difference if it's the meds doing all the work in any case? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Huh, funny that's something I've recommended anons before, letting yourself go and then get up again but it is not something I'd recommend OP doing assuming she has actual loose wires in the head.

Do you want to get better or not? Imho it makes no difference, whatever it takes as long as you don't harm others. Meds are perfectly reasonable for your case, not that you can "fight" a very real and profoundly impacting mental illness by yourself.

It's not medication alone that will make you better. One of the most beneficial things is structure and routine. Even if that is just work for one morning a week and going for a short walk 2 other days of the week.
I was suggesting not trying any of that until you hit rock bottom so to speak so when you start taking meds the improvement will be huge and give you more incentive to do other things that will make you better.
If you're not that unwell when you take the medications you may notice the side effects more than the benefits and feel worse about your situation than you did before.

>Disclaimer
I'm not actually suggesting you do this by the way it's probably a really dumb idea and the sooner you can treat mental illness the better.

It depends on your doctors so there are people that are probably on the for decades
FUCK THE PSYCHIATRIC SYSTEM

schizos are fucked for life, but you wouldnt know that you larp

How do you know you've hit rock bottom? I seem to find new ways every day.
I don't claim to necessarily be schizo, as it would be unfair to real schizos since I'm not diagnosed with anything, but I'm still pretty interested in the topic.

I'd define it as when you are actually going to kill yourself or have recently attempted and will probably attempt again.

>have recently attempted and will probably attempt again.
Not him, but gotta disagree with you there. If you live through your "attempt" you most certainly weren't motivated to die enough. Its not hard

Schizoids are basically non-people. They have NOTHING going on inside.

To expand on that, the only way I see a suicide "attempt" failing is if it in a heat of the moment decision and was therefore done ineffectively. If its a heat of the moment decision you've still got a long way to hit rock bottom, which would be when you are 100% commited to dying. Again, I don't think its possible to fuck up a suicide if you're 100% committed and prepared

Maybe the extreme outliers of schizoids are like that..... most just have "less" going on inside than the rest of us. It's not like they're missing the brain component that allows emotion mate

So hitting rock bottom is when you have a successful suicide? I think that's a bit on the late side for timing when to go on meds or otherwise get help.

Attached: 300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg (300x200, 10K)

>If you live through your "attempt" you most certainly weren't motivated to die enough. Its not hard
Agree. The idea of "attempting" suicide just seems pathetic to me, either you were a literal braindead retard or like you said you didn't really want to die. True commitment, real desire to die compels people to do their homework on methods and lose fear for real.

I'll disagree with you on that, I think you're generalizing. While it's true having no interest in others may impair them from having a wide range of interests the opposite is also possible, that being free from socialization needs allows them to have all kinds of stuff going on inside.

I think if you fail, you are not completely committed to it. That's the only way you'll fail. So if you're not 100% committed to it, you're not at rock bottom

Kind of agree. Thats why I worded it 'when you are actually going to kill yourself'
I think a lot of people underestimate the survival instinct and survive on the first attempt.
> Look at the stats for suicide
In the US, of 1.1m attempted suicide, but only just over 33,000 succeeded. Which would make the ratio of failure to success 33 to 1.

Ok, schizoids tend to suck ass. I've known people who are schizoids and a lot of the time they don't give a shit about others and will do whatever to get what they want.

dumb teenage girls taking a bottle of aspirins or slitting their wrists with plastic knives. obvious cry for help, no actual desire to die

then again americans cant drive manuals so idk

this. 1 person out of 33 completing a suicide is a fucking joke. "attempting" suicide is about as broad a term as "did something that could portray life threatening behavior in a vague way"

Attached: 1522618903306.jpg (900x1222, 142K)