Be 1 hour ago

>be 1 hour ago
>just got my first gym membership
>after many attempts at getting fit over the years, I think this time it's gonna stick
>go to the gym for my first workout
>do 30 min of cardio cause that's easy and not as scary
>figure ill go check out the weights
>stand in front of the dumbells
>try to grab the 30s
>oh no, too heavy
>go down to the 15s
>i can handle this
>start to do some half assed dumbell routine
>just kinda lifting my arms and shit, don't know what the fuck im doing
>1 min in, look over in the mirror at the person next to me
>it's my ex girlfriend (very bad breakup, haven't seen her since)
>she's pumping 40s and looks fucking amazing
>my hair hasn't been cut in months, ive gotten noticeably fatter since being with her, i look like shit
>we make eye contact
>she smiles and nods
>divert my eyes back to my dead face in the mirror
>my chest hurts, my ears are suddenly hot
>commit to the shit routine I'm doing for 2 more minutes
>put the weights back down and bolt out the door to my car
Welp. Really thought this time it was gonna be it, guys.

Attached: 27f63a935125def6605cfa9db53abb33_crop_north.png (630x420, 291K)

I cringed and kek'd. Lol sorry user

Next level cringe

>woman
>pumping 40s
l dont believe your story

You're a fucking pussy hahahaha stay at home and don't make it. Save the good pussy for the rest of us

You're new to the gym and didn't spend any time whatsoever checking your surroundings and didn't notice your ex-gf lookng better than ever standing next to you?

I'm with this guy. Nice thread, OP, but you're a fag as usual.

Attached: 1362564685449.jpg (686x582, 68K)

You are hitting some beyond galaxy cringe right there, son.

Anyway, never go full retard and jump straight in like you did. Just buy some cheap dumbell set, start watching videos on YouTube and for first two months build that mindset without leaving your house. When you'll get comfortable with whatever you do, go and join that commercial gym.

Might just try to go in the mornings instead, realistically. It's the closest gym by a long shot.

No, I was trying not to be a weirdo who looks at people because I figured staring at others is #1 sign of gym newbie. I was tunnel visioning.

He was so embarrassed he probably envisions her pumping 40s. In reality he was waving around 2lbs and she was pelvic thrusting a 10lb kettle ball.

alright bucko, time to get shit sorted. go to a barber today and or at the latest tommorow, get a clean shave, have him buzz down your sides to 6mm, and leave about 3 finger lengths on top for you to brush to the side. Ask him what kind of hair gel to get. Next, read the sticky, find a workout that works for you.
>start to do some half assed dumbell routine
>just kinda lifting my arms and shit, don't know what the fuck im doing
this is inexcusable. I personally suggest Phraks Greyskull for a beginner, and on off days you should do cardio, but not in the gym, just go out and fucking run, 2miles if possible.
Improve yourself, dont feel sorry for yourself and dont pay attention to gym thots or your ex, do this exclusively for yourself, pussy comes later.

I really can't afford a dumbell set. I get a super cheap membership with no upfront cost through my Obamacare level health insurance.

Sometimes you can get fitness equipment on craigslist for free. Or just do some bodyweight training, buy some fucking sandbag, watch wideos, there's plenty of information how to build nice foundation before you hit the gym

>I was trying not to be a weirdo who looks at people because I figured staring at others is #1 sign of gym newbie.
Anyone can tell anyway, twinkcel. Worry about lifting.

That's a good idea I haven't thought of. I'll check Craigslist. I mean. Why build a foundation at home vs doing so at the gym?

>getting fit enough to go to the gym
Imagine being this insecure

That's like saying you should treat your cancer at home for a few months to get ready for the doctor.

Why build foundation to join gym? To not feel like complete cretin who doesn't know shit. It's not for others, it's purely for OP's mental state.

OP you clearly don't have any mindset at all at this point and no gym will help. Just start doing something at home and watch shitload of videos and read, read, read. There's literally no point of joining any gym if you won't go there cuz of your insecurity.

This is your average Jow Forums browser. Makes fun of people and shitposts
Talks the talk but can’t walk the walk

Keep going dude, dont let that bitch knock u down

Idk if this is true or not, but why worry about the weight that she’s doing. If you lift regularly, in two months time you’ll be putting up 40s with no issues. Just check your pride at the door, everyone has to start somewhere.

>go down to the 15s
Lmao please tell me you mean 15kg and not 15lbs. I use 15kg dumbbells for reps and with perfect form and I'm 5'8 135lbs (aka scrawny as fuck), I cant even imagine anyone been scrawnyer than me

Memes aside though don't let this get you down, everyone is weak at the start. Just keep at it and you'll see progress

Why don't you get really buff. Get her to want to fuck you. Then deny her in front of everybody?

>izlee izlee izlee

Keep working out there. Let her watch as you claw yourself back from being fat, weak and pathetic.

I saw my ex at the gym a few wekks ago and the same thing happened but reversed. She acted like she didnt even know me and looked uncomfortable/ out of place.

If it helps at all she’s probably not thinking about the situation the way you think she is.

But yeah you still took an L ha

Ahhhhh newbie gains... to be young.. enjoy it OP after a few years the gains slow down and you stop getting DOMs. Miss packing on muscle effortlessly..