/uni/

>2 exams this week, one of them is tomorrow
>zero motivation to study
>reasons to live dwindling
how you holding up lads?

Attached: uni op 60.png (1634x952, 608K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KffzBhF4b-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just be glad you made it to fucking Uni. some of us don't even have a highschool education and struggle to do basic algebra. c

Just be glad you are alive. Some of us were killed by our parents before even going out of the womb.

go study loser, stop wasting your time on here

>Freshman Mechanical Engineering student
>Got a C+ in Calc 2 last semester, have to get a B- or better in both Chem 1 and Calc 3 this semester or they'll kick me out of the college of engineering
>Got a 66% and a 71% on my first two chemistry exams
>Got a 93% on my calculus midterm
>Have an A in every other class that isnt considered "critical tracking"
It's spring break right now and I'm drinking myself to sleep. I honestly don't know how to feel

you passed

consider yourself a chad

lol how many more chem exams lad?

Last semester and I have a big project that I don't know how to do so i'm probably going to fail. I just want to die right now

2 and then the final. i need an average of a 77% to get a b-, which doesnt sound hard, but there are basically NO GRADES besides the exams, theyre worth 83% of our final average. I'm sitting at a 74% right now because of the few online homework assignments weve had, but it's going to be hard to get it up that 3 extra %. Also the next two exams are supposed to be the hardest, that's when most people drop. I won't let myself drop the class though unless it's really going to kill me

what chem is this?
GenChem or Ochem?

genchem 1, it's the only chemistry I have to take. It's not hard material, but they make the exams ridiculously hard to weed out all the premed kids.
my school prides itself on being a "top 10 public university" so they dont cut any slack and it's fucking bullshit

> Freshman design student.
> 0 communication skills
> Fucked up in 1st sem jury.
> Jury people called me lazy.
> 6.7 cgpa in 1st sem.
> Tomorrow's my submission of a prototype of my project.
> Tried to get online help as much as I can.
> Don't know how to do the model
> Too shy and awkward to ask teachers about the model.
> Probably end up doing nothing or doing a shitty school kid type model.

Does anyone have knowledge about laptops and mechanics or hinges. I really need help as I don't have friends who can help. Feelssadman

is it a 3d model or a physical thing? I'm pretty good with solidworks

Physical. Like we have to do a prototype with any material. I think I need to use MDF here

man that shit mus suck, least at my school when I took it, they made an 85 and A- a 75 a B- and so on.
no curve no nothing?

oh shit i can't help you with that, good luck user.
yeah like i said a 77% is a B-, but even so, the exams aren't curved or anything, and in the syllabus it specifically says there won't be

>at least i got a 100 on my programming midterm i guess...

Are you a mechanical engineer?

MY CLASSES GOT CANCELLED FOR TOMRROW AHAHHAA STFU BITCH

It's the first rounds, faggot. As an Honors Aerospace Engineer, my tests penetrated my asshole and I failed half. However, these tests are to be EXAMined to learn how your prof does later exams.

I mainly fucked up because I (wrongly) assumed that A) book good nuff or B) lecture good nuff.
I learned for tests I've had, the books are 200% more important. What will you learn?

well im a first year mecahnical engineering student, yeah. i don't know a whole lot yet thogh
also im really drunk im sorry

vidya and fappan?

fsppan to splatoon brother

>
>oh shit i can't help you with that, good luck user.

My idea is like this- for the professional/ competitive gamers who don't have a pc, who play games on gaming laptop, they find it difficult to play because of the keyboard's position. It's more comfy when we can rotate the keyboard at some angle. So, I was thinking of making the laptop and keyboard hinges such that we can rotate the keyboard without rotating the screen. Like in the picture.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 73K)

i could do all that engineering uni shit with ease if i had a nice gf to reassure me and cheer me up when im down
but on my own im hopeless

i go to art school hehe

what school mine got cancelled for snow

school in new york

Look into the Thinkpad butterfly keyboard. Maybe you could do a design like that but instead of having the butterfly thing it lifts up and folds out at an angle. I don't really know how effective it would be, but I feel like that would be a good project idea at least.
it doesnt help if your gf is a psych major and is still struggling through her classes.

Just be glad you even made it to the womb. Some of us died in a tissue

Thats the real problem user. I have to make an actual 1:1 model. And I don't know how to make those hinges. I guess I'll just do a digital render.

Is biochemistry, biophysics, or biotechnology the better field to go into?

You a CUNY bro? I got tomorrow off too.

bro nah im a pratt stacy idk about the other robot tho

My parents want me to work and do Electrical Engineering. Fuck them in the face.

My roommate has a dual monitor setup where his 144hz monitor is the main and he puts his laptop where he wants the keyboard to be, I think it's better although more expensive than buying a separate keyboard

>it doesnt help if your gf is a psych major and is still struggling through her classes.
jesus christ, what concentration? is it at least a good psych school, or is it a meme degree school that treats psychology like a fucking sociology course?

I go to a uni that has one of the best psych departments, and i'm not struggling that much, but some classes were absolutely awful since I had zero motivation or interest for them. still made it out with a B though since a lot of classes blend together, but that's true for every subject once you've taken enough courses imo

let me redpill you here: no girl will ever do that for you. its the other way around.
girls are whiny emotional wrecks 80% of the time and YOU have to comfort them by being confident.

I've got a paper due this week, and a test on Friday. After that it's Spring Break, so I'm going home and working to make some extra cash. It'll still be nice to be home, I really wanna see my cats again. I don't have any exams until a couple weeks after I get back from break, so I'm taking it easy now.

Attached: 2aa25531025f612a6a412073b3e164358983b21e.png (480x360, 201K)

>tfw spring break isn't until week of 18-22
>tfw I just wanted to sit down and do nothing but play DMC5 when it comes out
at least I can play a bit when it comes out and then fuck around during the break week with some harder difficulties
and then the week after that my GF's sister is coming to visit because she has a spring break, and she's relatively normal compared to how autistic we are so that'll be a doozy

Attached: another day of the same shit.jpg (268x274, 21K)

> last summer before graduation with BS in CS
> 3.4 GPA
> not terrible people skills
God fucking damnit why does no one want to hire me fuck me fuck fuck fuck
I got denied from the biggest internship chance I'd had yet. Got drunk, but I'm still mortified
Really, really suicidal because I haven't gotten a day off since early February and homework is getting to me

look at it this way, at least you aren't alone in getting abandoned by recruiters
try to ask them if you could get feedback for why you weren't accepted, and take a visit to your uni's career center if it has one. you might get some meme advice like "be yourself" but it's better than nothing.

>gf
what are you doing here user?

Attached: 63337831a5819f7879446d75ca48cda8fb8d5ddd2ee873d16a3523c7b5f719d8.jpg (640x640, 37K)

If I had a gf, I'd fuck her all day and be with her instead wasting my time here

having a gf doesn't magically fix all of your problems user.
not even the only one in the thread that has one either if that's what you're asking
I should get some sleep though, g nite

Attached: dratini.png (378x314, 171K)

I HAVE NO CLASS TODAY TO BEGIN WITH AHHAHAH

How the fuck is it even possible for people to cram everything in the last day? I study engineering in a good uni in europe and I need AT THE VERY LEAST a week of cramming just for a chanche of passing with the lowest grade. Is american uni really that easy in comparison.

i got 2 tests this week
one today
and one online on saturday.

my mid terms for class are usually after spring break but either way not a lot of my classes this semester have mid terms
only like 2
the other classes is giving a speech and doing some linux shit

good luck on your mid terms user(s)

>take degree with professional experience hoping it would help me get a job
>90% of the prof exp provided are just typical projects with nothing to do with finding a job
The realisation makes me wanna kill myself even more.

Attached: 1495063307446.png (1024x575, 659K)

I'm hyped af for DMC5 too my man.

If you feel like dying because of uni try to do things, as you were not the one doing it, like you were dead, and wait to find something more attractive like video games

NZ fag here, 1st year
This fucking course is full of genuine, diagnose autism and i cant believe what i got myself into. The course is a fucking breeze but these people fucking suck.

Just be glad you made it to a tissue. Some of our dads were killed before coming out of our grandmother's womb

>started bachelor's thesis 2 weeks ago
>was really motivated at the beginning, going to the lab almost every day for 5-6 hours a day
>run into problems and lose motivation
Today is the first week day I stayed at home instead of going to the lab
Shit if I don't act quick I will fuck this up again

it isn't so much the difficulty as it is the structure
for a lot of classes, not just engineering memes, you can't really cram the day before and expect a good grade unless you've actually been attending every class, doing all the problems/homeworks/assignments, etc.

>be 1 min late to class
>prof threw a bitchfit and made it his life goal to make the next 2 hours as painful for us as possible

Attached: 1541943309543.gif (234x280, 1.03M)

>student or two on their phones
>professor decides to stop lecture for 10 minutes just to rant about this
it's always the shitty professors that do this too. if it's a good professor then they won't do any bullshit that focuses on one person unless they're being an actual disturbance like blasting music or talking loudly in another language.

Attached: dexter and deedee.jpg (449x336, 19K)

>bachelor's thesis
Lmao fag, shoulda just take the bs and run

atleast you guys are not in uni for 7 years and not even sure if youre going to graduate soon..

Maybe you should just give up at that point.

.tbqh i want to pull the plug already

Just be glad you made it into your dad's testicles. Some of us had our ancestors wiped out in the stone age.

my GPA is a 1.95 or something, I withdrew from yet another course yesterday. I try to motivate myself to care about school but i dont even care
about living. Anything that isnt related to my major seems so fucking stupid, all
these fucking humanities courses are a waste of time.

I just failed one of my exams.
>stops studying

Thanks God, so what now?

Fellow gatorfag? If so good luck fren!

There's still time to drop out anons. You can start a new life, you don't have to pay to work like your teachers say. Is this really someone you see yourself as?
youtube.com/watch?v=KffzBhF4b-w

It might just be my autism, but I have no problem doing anything in school. I enjoy the rules and restrictions placed on me. I further this by adding arbitrary restrictions to my time. If I have a paper due in 4 weeks I schedule when I should be 25%, 50% done with it so that the night before, all I need to do is look over it with clean eyes. I rarely study for tests because I am constantly going over the material before and after lectures. In math, I enjoy working through problems and by the time I finish all the exercises in the book I feel ready for the next class. When I study for a math exam I don't do practice problems, but rather, I go back and read through the challenging problems.

Because of my perspective on academia, I find it hard to relate to people who struggle with university work. Do you guys have similar views and practices? And if not what do you do to pass?

Attached: 1541159234332.jpg (699x451, 54K)

Damn dude how many years have you been doing that

In the fall I would be in my 3ed year. I took a year off because of mental shit. The only problem I have is when I have to memorize something. So history and language are difficult.

LOL I can't remember any date

Dude I will try to act the same maybe it will help me, I find it awesome

>just about to have some comfy vidya night
>new assignment released

Attached: 1469363828204.png (556x720, 210K)

i have a calc 2 mid term today, for series and sequences. i know the stuff and the different methods but i feel like i'm going ot mess up. hoping to get above a B

Another thing I do is have multiple revisions on my notes. I have the crude and rude version which is raw lecture notes that I take in class. Next, I have a refined one with clear full sentences and topics from my lecture notes mixed with book quotes to fill in any concept I may have missed during the lecture along with full correct examples. That version I keep and update as the semester goes on. Lastly, before an exam, I go back and refine it even more by mixing any review material or study guide.
The key is to keep it as clean and organized as possible. You do not want to search through 20 pages of a textbook to find a topic you missed the night before an exam.

i have two exams tomorrow, i know one of them alright but i dont know jack shit about the other one, the book is literally sitting on my table as im writing this but i have no motivation to study. i also have some book bullshit my professor signed me up for that i have to finish, the other fags she gave the same assignment to are already done with it and i havent even started, i dont even know what the fuck im suppose to do and im too embarrassed to ask anyone so thats fucked, so all and all its going pretty good

Attached: nah im fine.jpg (250x242, 6K)

>the other fags she gave the same assignment to are already done with it and i havent even started

Sounds like you are the fag

Does it take you much time to do this?

Just be glad your ancestors made it to the stone age. Some of our ancestors did even make it to the stage of the primitive homo species.

In total, yes. About 5-15 minutes after each lecture. Then about 30 mins to an hour each day before an exam.

>should be studying right now
>not studying

Attached: Reviewbrah.png (346x182, 145K)

aaaaand he's away to pick up weed again.

Attached: 1546281617616.png (633x758, 740K)

please tell me a 3.5 GPA in Computer Engineering is good.

pls

Attached: 1549066637535.jpg (1059x580, 76K)

My career development coach tells me that if you have a 3.5 GPA it is good enough to put on a resume.
T. Computer science student with 3.57 GPA

>tfw had to ditch my dissertation idea because it was unworkable
>proposal is due in a week and none of the books I need are in the library

WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO DO

try to take a look at what courses fill your gen ed requirements user
you should be able to find some courses that fill them without being bullshit like feminist dance therapy

Any CUNY students here? What are some good CUNY computer science programs?

>vagina university

>will graduate age 22 with a masters degree and 2 internships

Attached: 1474240421964.jpg (543x533, 47K)

Nobody wants to hire a fucking kid with a fancy title

Damn, some people really aren't born equal. Congrats.
cope

>the 30 yo old minimum wage boomer