Hex bar deadlift vs conventional deadlift, go

Hex bar deadlift vs conventional deadlift, go

I feel like I'm having an easier time with the hex bars while being at less risk of snapping my shit up so that's why I do it, but I'm sure Jow Forums can tell me that I'm doing something wrong and what I'm doing wrong and why it's wrong and why I'm never going to make it.

Attached: hex bar.jpg (426x320, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hexbar is great. Only guys who like to get in dick measuring contests care that much about doing "pure" deadlifts. If you aren't training to literally compete in barbell deadlifting then hexbar is good.

You are going to have a weaker lower back I think.
Having a strong as fuck lower back seems important.

Conventional took way too much energy out of me and I hurt myself a couple times because I ever so slightly fucked my form by the last reps. Switched to hex and never looked back, it puts more emphasis on your quads but still hammers your entire body, and I don't think I could snap my shit even if I tried.

the hex bar standing leg press isn't the same exercise as a deadlift and shouldn't be compared. Not to say that there's anything wrong with the standing leg press, it's fine if it helps you reach your goals, but it's not a deadlift

learn to deadlift with proper form and you will have less risk "snapping your shit up" than you do picking up a can of soda at the store

you're only getting a little less hip hinge than a deadlift, and your legs are supposed to be the driving force in a deadlift anyway

the conventional deadlift is a mechanically awkward lift that does produce a stronger lower back due to its awkwardness, but that's about the only advantage

I've been doing hex bar DL+ rack pulls to overcome most of what I'm losing in the conventional DL.

picking up a hex bar off the ground is more of a replacement for squatting than deadlifting. as to OP's concern about snapping his back, the conventional deadlift at lockout has the bar secured against your thighs, locked in a stable position by your upper body mass cantilevered behind the mass of the bar. the hex bar at lockout is floating around at the end of your hands, unstable, just waiting to fuck your spine up. conventional deadlift with proper form is safer for your back than hex bar squats/leg presses

Unless I get a good coach or resource I can trust I'm not going to bother with conventional deadlift I already tweaked something there two weeks ago and while it wasn't a snapping my shit up it was a strong warning sign.
I care more about glutes and quads anyway.

If your gym has a hex bar, use it. As mentioned, it works legs more and lower back less, so throw in some back extensions for lower back and glute development. Get that juicy ass.

>the hex bar at lockout is floating around at the end of your hands, unstable, just waiting to fuck your spine up

that's pretty fucking stupid
a deadlift has a much better chance of flexing your spine by being in front of your body than at the center

Wrong. You can move more weight with hex for a reason

fair enough, just don't consider it a replacement for deadlifts. you will be missing out on certain benefits that you can only get deadlifting as a simple fact.
The deadlift is a fairly simple movement and there's plenty of online resources for self-coaching available. It took me a year (starting out as a fatass and already in my late 30s) to self-coach it, it requires a certain amount of dedication but the payoff is worth it. If you've tweaked something then consider lowering the weight and posting a video of your form if you can't figure out what's wrong yourself.

the bar in the deadlift at lockout is held securely against your thighs directly over the mid-foot. the hex bar at lockout is way more dangerous because it can sway back and forth with your arms held way out to the side as well

I can move more weight doing rack pulls than you can do picking up a hex bar off the ground. This doesn't make it a replacement for the deadlift

Have you actually tried a hex dl? It's night and day when it comes to safety.

yes, it felt awkward and not like a deadlift at all. it felt like a replacement for squats or a more sophisticated leg press. I've never felt in danger deadlifting once I got good form.

the deadlift is a pull, the hex bar lift is a leg press. again depending what your goals are, nothing wrong with the hex bar, just don't try to convince yourself you're getting the same benefits as a deadlift because you aren't and you never will no matter how many combinations of other lifts you perform

>don't try to convince yourself you're getting the same benefits
When did I ever say that.

strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/
>paper by greg nuckols
now fuck off you imbecile cunts saying the hexbar dl is a "squat" or a "leg press", idiotic dogmatic broscience fucks

Attached: Squat-Hinge-1.png (3532x1141, 34K)

But it’s safer because it’s a better positioned pull

>arm flailing autist BTFO

So if I'm reading this articular right, for most people, its better to do a low handle trap bar deadlift and maybe throw in some goodmornings than to do a barbell deadlift.

I like hex because it doesn't scrape the shit out of my shins.

any deadlift variation is fine desu just do what you like unless you compete in which case follow the rules.
I don't get the autists calling it a squat same as calling sumo cheating. They're all good deadlifts stop coping.

This

Same. I got long ass legs. Also lowers the chance of snap city

I do the 5/3/1 BBB 5x10 sets with hex bar. For me it feels a bit more like a squat than a deadlift, but I think it's a fine exercise.

hex bar is fucking dope for grip and legs
advise you do conventional as well though for the benefits it provides, as with any other lift you should learn as much as you can about the movement, have someone who knows better check your form from time to time, and be mindful of what you're doing so you don't snap your shit

Attached: 1560065913090.jpg (630x630, 47K)

Thank you. Conventional deadlifts would randomly tweak my back for no fucking reason and put me out for a week. It wasn't worth it. No issues with trap bar and I feel the same muscle activation

hex diddly is superior in every way. it's much safer and easier to execute with proper form. the ONLY legimiate reason to diddly a straight bar is for competition and even that is still retarded.

>sumo is the best of both worlds
Wtf, we've been memed all along