I'm gonna sign up for a gym membership tomorrow, I never went there and I have no idea how it works. Any tips?

I'm gonna sign up for a gym membership tomorrow, I never went there and I have no idea how it works. Any tips?

Attached: f327f73bcef2aaa0ebaa73c42edb21d7.jpg (564x634, 41K)

>signing up for a membership blind

Don't do that. Instead look up several gyms near you and check them out first before you sign up.

first thing you do before signing into a gym is to check the gym's popularity.
if it's a gym with too many young people on it, search for another one. if it's old people instead, then sign it.
young people tend to spend a lot of time on the gym talking to their friends, taking pictures in front of a mirror and they take too long to finish their exercises. old people just get their shit done with and go back home to watch clint eastwood, robert de niro and al pacino movies.
good luck op, have a nice gains journey.

Attached: 1558048847266.jpg (835x773, 333K)

You have to find the biggest guy in the gym and beat the shit out of him immediately. Establish dominance early or you'll be eaten alive.

get your ass ready for the introductory anal rape.

>Not wanting them social gains
Made a lot of friends at a gym where there's a lot of people my age. And you're exagerating about the talking and pictures. Only a few people do that and it won't affect you if you're not an insecure faggot.

Dont be that dick who doesn't tip the receptionist.

Make sure they have a squat rack and set of barbell weights, otherwise that membership is worthless

Boomers don’t respect rest and instead compensate by doing 9001 sets, I saw one the other week using the bench press for almost 2 hours. I left the gym by that point, he’s probably still out there somewhere, still benching.

are you actually, or are you just gonna think about it really hard? haha

This. I'd even say a minimum of two racks.

Lmao this must be common enough that Rippetoe used it as an example in SS, taking about Boomers showing up to bench 20 sets of 225 once a week

Watch youtube videos to get a good idea for how to perform all the basic exercises with good form. This will also give you an idea of what you want to do in the gym. If you get tired or don't know what to do next, go walk on the treadmill for a few minutes. Try to stay there for a good hour or so, don't just leave after 20 minutes.

Terrible advice. I worked out in a shitty old people gym ni for a year and it was miserable, switched to a public gym recently and have already been making friends and improved gains aswell probably because I enjoy it more there. This post was made by an antisocial loser who thinks that a 10 minute convo at the start of his workout will somehow make him go catabolic

Yeah, don't try to hype yourself up to go commit to something you've never even seen.

Go visit the 3 or 4 gyms closest to your home or work (ones you can actually picture making the time to go to) ASK for a tour.
>tell them each that you're looking at the other 3, so they can try to earn your business, but so they also don't try to make you sign something.

Sign up for the one that FEELS best. You're not going to go to a place that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Picking a place based on the equipment available is an advanced move for people who are past the unfamiliarity/fear of gyms. Pick the one you're most comfortable with.

Good luck! And good job!

Attached: welcome-paper-poster-colorful-brush-strokes-welcome-poster-spectrum-brush-strokes-white-background-c (1600x817, 119K)

lol thats the way around, old people take forever always want to talk for hours. Young when they are serious, are more fast and respectful

she cute

So what exercises should I do there as a beginner?

Attached: 3542a43bc04a275666ebbed4db7c015f.jpg (564x564, 57K)

Biggest takeaway is that you can negotiate with the salesman. Don’t accept the first rate they say

read sticky. follow beginner program. focus on getting some basic strength and competence with big compound lifts.

eat big, lift heavy, sleep well.

Switch program after 3-4 months. Most beginner programs are boring as shit.

t. dyel noob also

follow a beginner program so you dont go there and be lost
look up how to do the exercises on youtube or something
rerack and return weights dont be the dick head who just leaves dumbbells and plates everywhere

don’t be gay, but find specimens who has physiques you admire - peep their routines, but remember: don’t be gay or else you’ll have to go full gay and become king of the showers at your new gym. also, be patient and do proper weights for at least 3 weeks, before trying to increase

Attached: 04D0144F-729E-4400-9715-26001612E06D.gif (500x272, 1.95M)

GAY

Attached: DBF100F5-6138-41B9-BDF4-F3249C477132.gif (400x400, 1.4M)

DOUBLE GAY

Attached: 5DB942FB-E239-4DC4-81A2-841BD7DB9E3D.gif (206x196, 480K)