Lift for strength

>lift for strength
look like shit but live with the confidence that you're stronger than most males you will encounter through life. Women wont mire you, ever. But males will.

>lift for aesthetics
Be a pussy magnet and the envy of all normie men, but when push comes to shove, you're actually a pathetically weak bitch.

So, which one will it be Jow Forums ??

Attached: 21241425425.jpg (699x612, 118K)

Probably somewhere in the middle, theres no reason I'm forced to take lifting to either extreme

I guess that's called powerbuilding.

Bodybuilders being weak is retarded boomer cope.

Attached: 1561055275980.jpg (960x716, 44K)

Well, compared to powerlifters they are.

This.

you're a fucking faggot, OP.
get off this board.

the "bodybuilders are weak" normie meme should fucking die. Top bodybuilders are at least on the top 10% of raw strength

If you can call yourself a Bodybuilder, you are probably stronger than most men

>Top bodybuilders are at least on the top 10% of raw strength
And many of them have backgrounds in powerlifting.

Yeah, but even middling bodybuilders are strong enough to handle pretty much any realistic situation.

I'm going to break some unexpected news, buddy, but anyone who can do 1/2/3/4 is in top 1% of strength. You really underestimate how weak the regular populace is.

My weak 1/2/3/4 ass wants this to be true

This.

The nu male is a sad creature.

We both lift and thats what matters

Lifting for aesthetics will still make you stronger than the average normie

This is accurate, and on top of this, bodybuilders always have better conditioning and stamina than powerlifters.

So basically, bodybuilding is enough for most natural lifters to see their genetic strength potential?

>Pathetically weak bitch
Being able to do only 2/3/4/5 and looking great instead of 3/4/6 and 200kg of bloat still puts you in better shape that 99.9% of the populace, and no one is gonna call you weak except maybe roided out bloat lords.

99% of the dyels on here will never look like either example. But as long as we're fantasizing, I pick strength.

Women usually prefer the strongman profile as long as he isn't totally bloated and fat

>Women usually prefer the strongman profile as long as he isn't totally bloated and fat
I'm gonna have to press X for doubt on that one nigga

>all that cope to justify being a fat fuck and having a gut
I fucking hate faggots who cope so hard like this. It's fucking obivious that lean physique is objectively attractive and being fat isn't. That being said everyone has their own preference when it comes to other gender (or same gender for you fucking degenerates) and i personally know women who say that being bald and having a gut on top of being muscular (aka bear mode) is an absolute must.

I never said anything about genetic strength potential. What I mean is that any real life example that requires a man to be stronger than a bodybuilder is extremely rare and would probably be better solved with the help of other men.

this

>Bodybuilders being weak is retarded boomer cope.

Just like powerlifters being fat is a retarded memebuilder cope.

Attached: based dan green.jpg (615x615, 38K)

Everytime women get asked about ideal body type half of them say ottermode, half say builtfat.

Neither are being shot for by 90% of Jow Forums which makes it funny

>Neither are being shot for by 90% of Jow Forums which makes it funny
kek. Jow Forums eternally BTFO'd as usual

Nice cherrypicking you fat faggot. 99% of powershitters are fat but the difference is that really strong guys are doing this for a purpose and fat dyel faggots on fit are using them as an excuse to continue being a fat fuck and start bulking while being 15% bf and above.

Bodybuilders also get fat as fuck but there is also a purpose for this and they do get lean when necessary. Faggots on fit also use Lee Priest bloat mode as an excuse to be a fat faggot.

Bottom line is: do whatever the fuck you wanna do and stop coping.

Attached: ron.jpg (486x583, 47K)

>Nice cherrypicking you fat faggot.
I'm not even a PLer you incel nigger, just trying to contrast the bro science itt.

they are weaker than they look

Fat Ronnie Coleman looks like a teddy bear.

Attached: em68ydvjnbvy.jpg (640x427, 19K)

Even if you lift for aesthetics you are stronger than the vast majority of men. I don't see any reason lifting purely for strenght unless you are a professional powerlifter, or do heavy manual labor regularly

>Be OP, a fat fuck
>Be ranting to newfags at the gym: You need to be fat and out of shape to be TRULY STRONG, that's why I'm obese and have a massive gut. I outlift all the pussboi bodybuilders you see here who are able to climb a set of stairs without losing their breath. Here, watch this 4pl8 squat!!!
>Larry Wheels enters gym and proceeds to lift double your squat PR
Explain yourself.

>I train 3 days a week full body and i either or spar on Sunday
I guess doing this gives me the best of both worlds

Attached: DB914794-13C8-4216-A61E-7CF5E05F76AF.jpg (460x259, 25K)

>either swim or spar on Sunday

Let's be real, it's not strongman competitors posting this cope.

Unless you earn money with it u should settle for 9-15% bf

This af

outside the context of the gym and Jow Forums it is. you've got pretty massive selection bias in both cases as you're surrounded by people who have been doing this shit for years and care about it. if those are you main methods of exposure to other people then you're gonna feel weak constantly. but if you hang around normies you'll see just how fucking weak and useless the majority of people really are. I make it a point to hang out with old friends and go to bars every couple weeks just to remind myself why I'm lifting

That's cause Jow Forumss gay.

>Strength usefulness
>The fatfucks are functional fitness
Most functional fitness would likely involve a decent amount of cardio and muscular strength, so what you're looking for would most likely be the build of an athlete. If you want some
>Guy who fights bears in the woods
Then you'd most likely want the physique of a wrestler, or grappler rather than some fat fuck or a powerlifter

most aesthetic guy I know is also insanely strong but he's not a powerlifter or anything

You've heard of sumo wrestlers, yes?

why are you implying that lifting for strength means open category ? if we are talking weight classes strength athletes look like pic related.

Attached: lightweight-powerlifters.jpg (627x640, 488K)

powerlifters =/= strongmen

>99% of powerlifters are fat

show me a single national level powerlifter competing in any weight restricted class that is fat.

>but when push comes to shove, you're actually a pathetically weak bitch
Kek does anyone actually believe this? The only real difference between the powerlifter and the bodybuilder is the bodybuilder doesn't have that layer of useless fat covering up his muscles. Literally all the benefits of being a strongman without the downside of looking like a fat ugly mess.

Attached: 1470967763817.jpg (717x533, 72K)

why would they be fat if they're in a weight restricted class

thats like me saying show me a single heavyweight boxer that's a featherweight

15% in the winter and 12% in the summer crew

Sounds like steroids+good genetics

exactly and thats the point, the other dude says 99% of powerlifters are fat. guess what 99% of them dont even compete in the open class so that is simply false. Infact the only people that truly compete at a reasonable level and are fat are open category.

saying the fat guys in the gym that call themselfes "powerlifters" are representative is like saying everyone that calls himself a bodybuilder is one. it's stupid, powerlifters arent fat only the vast minority that competes in the open weightclass.

Yeah, but the reality with sumo wrestlers in early MMA or any real sport was that the instant the clock went over 20 seconds they lost the match.

Boomer cope
I do bodybuilding and compete in judo, everyone in my weight class (-100kg) is either fat or megalanklet. My technique is not the best but on explosivity, grip strength and ground game I always overpower them.

Problem? Post body.
H___ s__

I think it's more that anyone that doesn't compete in the open category isn't a true powerlifter. Therefore, most "real" powerlifters are fat.

I don't pl though.

well maybe that is the sentiment here on Jow Forums but to me that is incorrect. when I think of powerlifting I think of weightclasses and people like Larry Wheels or Pete Rubish. Not some fat guy in a squat suit.

Attached: Larry-Wheels.10.jpg (850x1062, 262K)

Lifting solely for so-called """aesthetics""" is moronic. You should lift for your health and fitness and accept the side-effect of looking better. It's more honest and intelligent.

I dont understand how muscles can be physically bigger(hypertrophy) but you are somehow weaker than someone else of equal size. Someone said it has to deal with the type of muscle fibers?

Unless you are going on stage you are not a bodybuilder in my book user, just a guy who lifts like so many of us.

Op only talks about body builders being on their weakest during a show, not that they are actuslly weak. Guess that steroid use makes thinking hard.

I'm sure those guys on stage are even stronger than me lol, they all are at least above average in strength.

Besides, on stage implies what? Top 5 contestants?

As Auschwitz mode I make the best aesthetic gains with stregth training.

Strength comes from two factors, density of muscle fiber and muscle control. Muscle control meaning the uniform exertion and amount of strength used at one time. So bigger muscles doesn't always equal more strength

Generally speaking (and that is very simplified) it comes down to this.

>bodybuilding training increases the size of muscle fibres rather than the amount
>strength training increases the amound of muscle fibres
>strength training also gives you the ability to recruit more muscle fibres as you train your brain to use them more efficiently
>elite powerlifters or strongmen carry as much lean mass as bodybuilders they are just way taller and have more (sometimes much more) bodyfat so they dont look that way

Sure they are strong just saying that I dont think you should call yourself a bodybuilder unless you have competed in a bodybuilding show thats all. And I am not talking top 5 just that you have dieted to single digit bodyfat and stood on stage.

I think it's normal for people to think that way. It's the same in boxing, people can name tons of heavyweight champs but maybe one or two of the small guys.

I believe it is the D E N S I T Y of the fibres fren

why do I have to choose between having 3% body fat and 30% body fat?
I'm just gonna get strong, keep great cardiovascular health, and build a great body at the same time while maintaining a comfortable 12% body fat.

Attached: hercules.jpg (494x860, 70K)

You are probably right user, in that case I just feel like powerlifting in the open category is boring as fuck and is outdone by Strongman in every way. So to me it is an obscure niche and pic related are the real "heavyweight" strength atheltes to me. And I wouldnt say they look like shit or like regular fat guys... If they lose a few pounds of fat they look like monsters.

Attached: brian-shaw-the-mountain-worlds-strongest-man-header.jpg (1124x461, 694K)

>caring about what others think

Attached: 64186360-C212-4D87-B8EA-322AEDDEE61D.jpg (750x921, 69K)

t. powerbloater

IF YOU LIFT FOR AESTHETICS, YOU WILL BE STRONGER THAN 99% OF MEN
IF YOU LIFT FOR STRENGTH, YOU WILL LOOK BETTER THAN 99% OF MEN. BEING STRONG DOESN'T MAKE YOU FAT, BEING FAT MAKES YOU FAT
SHUT THE FUCK UP

Please stop yelling, this is a quiet imageboard

Sure, but so is everyone else except for strongman competitors.
People who specialize in strength sports will always be the strongest, but people who lift for aesthetics and/or general athleticism will be right behind them and ahead of everyone else.

Attached: 1511228122912.gif (296x259, 999K)

>stronger than most men
That's a low bar. Most men never lift anything heavier than a 32oz cup of flavored sugar water.

Attached: th.jpg (474x716, 16K)

>Everytime women get asked about ideal body type half of them say ottermode, half say builtfat.
What if they only survey the ones who aren't lardarses?

Attached: Figure-adult_obesity.png (960x705, 191K)

Extremely this, except for the yelling

When they cut down to contest shape, bodybuilders have a lot less energy and strength than normal. But that's probably mainly from the dehydration.

crazy how overweight men and women stayed constant yet obese people suddenly skyrocket. what is the cause of this ?

The best part is that those of us who are aesthetic usually can lift almost as much as fat strengthfags. I'd rather DL 450 and be hot then DL 500 and be fat.

Men in 120 or women in 84 are usually fat. It's about 50/50 in 105 and 72.

Ah I remember a time before this infographic changed to what it is now. If i remember correcrly the artist actually had good comments on each physique.

t.old/f/itizen

Because being just over weight is fairly common and plenty of people who are over weight still live active and healthy lives.

The extreme obeasts are empowered by access, social approval, addiction and various other social, political and financial reasons

Attached: 1560550871432.jpg (640x3904, 564K)