Has anyone got any experience with keto not for weight loss but for mental health more specifically for ADHD...

Has anyone got any experience with keto not for weight loss but for mental health more specifically for ADHD? I have inattentive adhd and I heard keto can help with cognition and mental function, any anons with the same issues?

Attached: 1440118472600.png (2560x2489, 602K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5102124/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5616304/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30075165
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Keto and IF will sort out your mental health / energy levels.

If you try it, the first ever 2 week will most likely not going to be an easy ride and you may find it hard, but it really depends how your body handles this new journey

My advice is if you try it, skip breakfast and eat from 12 till 8 (8 hour eating window, customize accordingly), eat lots of salty stuff or be sure to salt your food. Eat lots of vegetables especially green ones and be sure to bring in your fats to keep you full. In morning 1 black coffee and through the day green teas with lemon to keep you going - it will give you a steady energy level. When your body runs on fats and you get used to it, you will feel ready for anything. You are no longer hungry and don't get mood changes like the snickers advert bullshit. I am bipolar and I have hypomania and this helps me stay on the positive side without any major swings

Hard mode
Start exceeding once a day and start nofap

T. Fren

thanks man. Im about to lose another job and its getting rough for me. I feel like its held me back in so many aspects of life.

ADHDFag here, it definitely helps with attention, focus and my short term memory is getting better, however it's not a complete fix for me, I am still bad at focusing on abstract problem solving and paying attention for long periods of times is still an issue. Also do what says.

keto will fuck you up

low carb diets are correlated with depression, anxiety, and irritability.

brain needs high octane fuel bro dont try and force it to run on shitty cheap corn gas

Attached: 1560870331943.jpg (584x657, 231K)

Your welcome. Yeah with mental health it is very random sometimes and it can cause you some shit. Been there done that.

Discipline. You will need plenty of that. Look up videos on YouTube from Dr Berg, most of his advice are great and will be helpful for you. He's got many thousands of videos. And be sure to do it at least 2 weeks without and cheat meal / cheat day at least. See how it is as you go along and look up videos for your questions . Good luck ^^

Lmao who even has ADHD nowadays, that shit is a fucking copout so you can just give up on making a conscious effort to focus quit being such a faggot

I did Keto pretty strict for a few months. Didn't do shit mentally, except for some reason never being tired at all.

keto is not a low carb diet you fucking donkey.

Carbs we get from veg and nuts and meat because it is naturally found in some amounts but we don't have a half a portion of rice with stuff..

The whole point of keto is to run your brain on high octane fuel, aka your own body fat , not carbohydrate/sugar

sugar is high octane fuel

the brain consumes 120 grams of sugar a day

Diarrhea
Nausea
Constipation
Vomiting
Acid reflux
Hair loss
Kidney stones
Muscle cramps or weakness
Hypoglycemia
Low platelet count
Impaired cognition
Inability to concentrate
Impaired mood
Renal tubular acidosis
Disordered mineral metabolism
Stunted growth in children
Increased risk for bone fractures
Osteopenia and osteoporosis
Increased bruising
Sepsis
Pneumonia
Acute pancreatitis
Beta cell death
Hyperlipidemia
High cholesterol
Elevated cortisol
Increased risk for heart disease
Increased risk for atherosclerosis
Cardiomyopathy
Heart arrythmia
Myocardial infarction
Menstrual irregularities
Amenorrhea
Increased risk of all-cause mortality

Low-carbohydrate diets (including the ketogenic diet) increase your risk for heart disease, high cholesterol, insulin resistance, prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and stroke.

I am only one person, but had not a single of those side-effects.

Also, how the fuck is keto supposed to cause type 2 diabetes? Diabetes makes your cells resistant to insulin, because there is constantly to much of it in your bloodflow. During Ketoses there almost no insulin whatsoever. It actually can cure Diabetes.

>heart disease, high cholesterol, insulin resistance, prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and stroke
I have my blood tested regularly and my cholesterol, blood clotting factors and risk of diabetes is at normal levels, also
>Low carb can increase insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes opposed to a high carb diet
Do you have studies on this or are you making up shit?

im gonna try that snake diet shit and see what happens cause my adhd is fucking bad. I'm probably gonna go get adderal desu

>I heard keto can help with cognition and mental function
It doesn't.

Pretty sad that ketards are such lowly creatures they even target the mentally ill with their life-threatening "miracle cure". No better than people claiming to cure cancer. Luckily they will all die from cardiovascular disease themselves so justice is served in the end.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5102124/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5616304/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30075165

Thanks for confirming what I said!

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5102124/
lmfao btfo why are people so desperate to refute actual scientific data?

No yellowposter, keto is shit and shouldn't be done by anyone
You could try fasting, won't do you any harm

You’re just wrong.

why not can you give me any articles or other sources backing your claim

Shit, I didn't know literally every human on earth had pneumonia and shit before agriculture was invented.

I've been on keto for a few weeks now, haven't noticed shit. AMA

Attached: 1560114546095.jpg (540x555, 42K)

It cleared up my skin but that’s just because I stopped eating sugar. I also discovered tomatoes and other nightshade veggies give me acne.

>The brain consumes 120 grams of sugar a day

Except that I don't eat any sugar or carbs , and instead of my body running on glucose, it is running on ketones.

>Increases insulin resistance
Except that it doesn't because no glucose get consumed at keto diet generally speaking.

The idea is to stop your body running on sugars and start burning your own fat- why? Because the long term of constant sugar spikes aka getting full on bread pasta chips ice cream beer etc will make you insulin resistant , type 1 or 2 diabetes etc.

Also the rest of your argument sounds more like a low carb diet, which just keeps you hungry and unsatisfied all the time. Keto is just eating meat and veg and some ligma nuts.

Tried keto and some other shit but I gotta say that lifting made the most impact on my mental health. Dont forget to reward yourself after a hard workout.

>that image
sub saharan africa in a nutshell

all that's missing is an ak on his back and a red beret

Yeah i did keto for 6 months after waking up one morning and realizing I went from 165 and running 5 miles a day to 290 and being out of breath from taking the stares.
Keto in my experience isn't sustainable long term but the gains I got self control wise were much better than the 30 lbs I dropped.
My mental health issues cleared up as well but I'm 90% sure they were all issues related to self control and not some chemical inbalance or physical malady.

I was thinking going 1 month on then two months off then repeat

I did that for a while too until I just decided to make it a life style change
She 6 months I really couldn't do it anymore but I now do OMAD 1400 CAL with very low carb intake and the pounds continue to fly off of me.
I think it has a large part to do with the base keto built for me