Is it true that pushups and situps are overrated shit exercises?

Is it true that pushups and situps are overrated shit exercises?

Attached: EDB4FEB6-71E8-41BF-95FA-7C94BF35866F.jpg (454x215, 18K)

They're free, which is good.
They can be done in privacy. Which is good.

pushups are overrated by normies and underrated by gym goers

pushups are fine
situps are mostly useless

sit ups yeah for sure leg/knee raises are a lot better to work core and better for your back.
Push ups can be good when done in an appropriate frequency and volume. But doing variations of them that effect the load bearing to create more resistance is key to getting gains from them. Then eventually one armed variations.

forgot pic

Attached: push-up-weight-distribution.png (552x356, 5K)

Are situps and crunches actually bad for your spine or is that a meme?

if you do them right no
most people don't

>Push ups can be good when done in an appropriate frequency and volume
Any recommendations for beginners? I usually go for 20/25 but I think that volume makes me do them a little bit too fast and cheat with the form, I can feel my lower back slouching on the last few reps. Would it be better to just do 10-15 very slow, controlled ones?

I would say do 5 sets of a variation you can get 8-12 reps of so if you can do more you need to go if you can't do at least 8 you should go down. If you can't hold form also go down but do more reps
wallpushup

I'll try that, thanks user

Crunches are better than sit ups

pushups are good but you have to go for quality over quantity, normies focus too much on how many they can do
as for situps, there are tons of better alternatives

I dont understand

Attached: 2e9xw6imthq11.jpg (765x384, 50K)

not that guy but i’d like to add that keeping your elbows in can work more of the triceps like a close grip bench and having your elbows at 45 is more like a normal bench, don’t flare your elbows right out. Keep your head looking up to increase ROM and the closer your hands are to your hips the harder the movement will be.

it means you're pushing babby weight until you start doing planche pushups

actually true

oh wait forgot about the wrists dont do the one armed stuff at first before your wrists are conditioned. Also get a pair of these they make great push up handles and will help get your forearm strength up safely as opposed to having your hands at 90 degree angle all the time. The grips are also a lot wider diameter than most pushup handles so itll hurt your hands less

Attached: 81CQuo5YCBL._SX425_.jpg (425x349, 9K)

But what I dont understand is the feet/hand elevated thing, what does that mean, how should I be if I'm around 66kg ?

vertical is the % of your body weight that will make resistance.
0 is ground level, what means that you need to overcome between 60% and 70% of your body weight to lift yourself on a pushup

If you raise your hands 122cm from the ground (feet on ground), you will just have 10% of you weight on the exercise

If you raise your feet 122cm from the ground (hands on ground), you will have 75%~80%

they are not

this was me at 18 when i would do nothing but push ups pull ups sit ups

then i replace dips with push ups because there were lots of rats and cockroach when i lived and the floor wasnt a sweet spot

Attached: Screenshot_20190621-154508_Gallery.jpg (1080x1920, 586K)

Pullups did 90% of that

pull ups dont work biceps and chest

how does a pullup not work biceps?

i meant triceps and chest

This

No.
They are underrated by everyone.
Ironically enough, calisthenics aren't underrated by athletes, martial artists, soldiers, and pro lifters who're worth a shit.
Just by gear heads and people with gym memberships, books, and weights to sell.

If you're overweight or undertrained then basic calisthenics and some form of aerobic training(anything from moderate paced walking to full on hiit or even playing an active sport) is enough to keep every person alive fit and healthy.

How the fuck do situps not work your core and trim your stomach?

>then i replace dips with push ups because there were lots of rats and cockroach when i lived and the floor wasnt a sweet spot

Dips are terrible for your shoulders unless you're a manlet and have the correct build for it.

Also, you're too goddamned lazy to get a fucking broom and set out some roach and rat traps?

i have ape arms and got away with doing them, but yes i got injuries that eventually healed

that pic is 3/4 year ago, i cleaned all that shit

They do, people simply like to shit on situp because it makes them seem like big time fitness experts.
Situps work the entire front hinge and the abs are a nice side effect, however many people have shit backs and this will just exasperate a problem mostly caused by being raised in a society where sitting instead of slav/poo squatting is the norm.

>Dips are terrible for your shoulders u
when will this dyel meme end. dips are the king of all exercises

It depends. Regular push up for someone who weights 105 kg is almost like benching 60kg

>who're

They work just fine, do them on a floor that has cushion and support, maybe layer a mate or two, and be consistent, doing deadlifts and squats for core is retarded cause once you cut weight you'll realise how tiny and underdeveloped your entire core is compared to the rest of your body.

>t.twink who thinks their weighted dip makes them totes hardcore.

user, no one of note seriously does dips as a main exercise.

post body

Is that a pigeon

Nope, use good form and there should be no issue
If you complain about them or think they’re a meme;
1) you have bad form
2) you’re fat
3) all of the above

>work your core
Yes but ultimately unnecessary if you're doing enough compound workouts
>trim your stomach
No

Is that why my shoulder pops doing dips? I can never get the alignment right. It feels like my forearms are too long or something to find a position of movement

I don't understand, do you mean incline and decline push ups?

Compounds are meme when it comes to your core. If you want a strong core thatll be seen through a hefty bulk you need to work core and progressively overload it

Spoken like a true faggot

sit-ups < crunches < bicycle crunches

Its a meme. They place a sheer-force on your apine thats why a lot of people suddenly thought they are bad. But they forgot that almost all exercises put these forces on your spine, ist totally normal.

keep doing your deadlifts and squats, cut and then realize you look like a cartoon character because you believe people on a Mongolian Yak trading forum.

>don't believe people on Jow Forums
>t. Jow Forums poster

pull ups work chest.
M.pectoralis major aducts your arm as it happens when doing a pull up.

How much if I weigh 75kg?