I benched 2pl8 for the first time today bros!

I benched 2pl8 for the first time today bros!

Attached: 58412f4663de2e4c2a6e3544c42b1c62-imagepng.png (240x304, 15K)

gz

good job op

i OHP 30kg for the first time today. just 1 set of 5kg plates to go until my goal. also gz OP. i hope to join you in early october. at 55kg right now. almost there

i hope its your first month lifting

Nice. I remember first time I did it and felt top of the world. Everyone on Jow Forums claims they did it their first day in the gym, but in the real world it's a big number.

doing it correctly or using your delts?
I JUST found out I was benching wrong

have sex

I hit 2pl8 bench for 1 set of 5 eighteen months ago and have literally never been able to do it since

Attached: ch_ange.png (720x319, 137K)

post body dyel r9k cuck
doesnt matter how you do a compound lift as long as youre not injuring your joints or doing half-reps. you still gotta fight gravity

asl pls

i hope its your first week lifting

yeah but I heard if you use your delts too much instead of keeping your shoulders back like you're supposed to you'll never get big looking in the chest and arms

if you dont keep your shoulders back you will probably snap your shit up

thats literally retarded. imagine using your delts takes up 10% of the gravity power. then youre sitll lifting 90% with your pecs. so just fucking lift more you fag

Your front delts will always be involved in benching to an extent. To completely focus on the pecs is a fly movement instead.
But yeah your scapula and REAR delts are supposed to retract and stay in contact with the bench at all times. It's safer and you will feel more of a stretch in the pecs.

gj user 2pl8(60kg) is a good first milestone

2pl8 is 40kg x 2

no that's 4pl8 minus the bar

I hope it's your first day lifting

Isn't 2pl8 100kg in total? I'm a newfag to Jow Forums so I'm still getting the hang of the terminology. Wtf is an OHP

If you can't bench your mother right after you are born you are doomed to inceldom

>Isn't 2pl8 100kg in total?
Yes

depends if you're closer or farther from the equator and where your plates are manufactured.

but on. 2pl8 is 2 20kg plates x 2 with a regulation mens bar + no collars

Overhead press
2pl8 is 2 20kg plates on each side

>daily reminder

Attached: C1A9FB70-2C18-44D2-BF83-D22E22086735.png (1125x2436, 3.76M)

30kg ohp is special? I never knew, I do slow concentrated reps (literally started doing them today bc i'm a novice retard) but I can ohp 40kg (seated) at a regular speed, 7 reps failure. Also gj op proud of you
>t. had amazing work out bring me in a good mood

no dummy
1 standard pl8 is 20kg
so 2pl8 is 40kg

>30kg ohp is special
in general? no. to me? yes. because its my new max and i hadnt been able to increase my OHP for 3 weeks while my bench seemd to increase linearly. hoping to get my 1pl8 OHP within 2 months

(20+20) + (20+20) + 20 = 100

on each side dummy

>counting the bar

also are you counting the bar in your 40kg? otherwise starting at 40kg (1pl8) is incredibly impressive imo

>the bar is magically weightless so you're not really lifting it

Nice, I can only do 1pl8 atm but hopefully I can get to 2pl8 in time

do you count your body too on a squat? thought so...

>I benched 2pl8
how many reps

Good job friend.

All gonna make it.

Grats on the new max, bub. Just keep pushing it.
No, I don't.. I use the barbells that everyone uses for curling. You know the ones where you can't add extra weight? Yeah the label says 40kg so that's the one I use
>t. been working out for 12 days SERIOUSLY and slagged off for 2 years before that

Attached: 1559691393252.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

Benched 37.5 kg dumbbells for 6 reps earlier this week

Attached: 1528026558339.jpg (800x895, 213K)

who counts like that? 2pl8 is one per side

T. never actually lifted

So what do you think a 1 plate bench is? 1 plate on one side of the bar and nothing on the other?

Attached: brainlet.png (403x448, 53K)