This is how pathetic you are to the real world. Go look at the thread and read the comments

This is how pathetic you are to the real world. Go look at the thread and read the comments.

Attached: lmao.jpg (548x882, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ctZxQp6g1Vs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

135 for 10 is what we did as freshman when they forced us into weightlifting after the football and wrestling seasons in high school... wtf?

Manlet probably

Assuming this is real and not bait this is what happens when you don't lift in a real gym and have never seen a strong guy IRL

no

Probably Swedish

Attached: jesus chicken.jpg (1200x1600, 432K)

Why do gymrats think moving heavy things translates to fighting? This is how you end up in a coma around here, seen plenty of dyel gopniks deliver brain-mushing takedowns to gymrats in gopnik mma fights.

Strength carries over fairly well, shrugs and shit not so much

What thread? What is this about??

I do 80 for 12 reps after 8 mo.
Are there others like me?

>I will defeat this muscledouches with my superior speed!

Attached: 1498263812489.jpg (465x467, 31K)

Holy fuck what program are you doing Jesus Christ

E A T

Guys what thread??

*doubles you into concrete*

>Kaufman
Whenever you say a man name with one n it's usually some Jew fag

I honestly expected to grow just by getting used to the movement and weight. Is high protein that important?

Look at the fucking traps on this lad

Yes. Protein is suprisingly useful to gain muscles faster. Just add protein powder or do gomad and you gucci

Isn't a punch basically a very fast one-handed bench press?

look at the big guys in the gym, do you see them doing 12 reps at 80?
run a strength routine as a beginner, when that plateaus then you can look into other more hypertrophy focused routines.
and eat.

More like a very fast one-handed close grip incline press

well it's actually more about moving your bodyweight into the strike at the precise moment of impact to not just have the strength of your punching muscles but the inertia of your 200lb+ frame (assuming you are a man)

So like a very fast one-handed push press?

shrugging 50s lmao

I'm 5'7 135 lbs in the morning.
I bench 160 for 12 reps.
How am I doing?
I've actually been lifting for years but am comfortable with my current level of strength and have been at this same level for like 2 years (I'm 21, been lifting since 16 but was always physically active before that). I spend my workouts maintaining mostly, as I also do a lot of lower body and ab/ core stuff.
My strength genetics are actually rather shit too, i'm a mega wristlet with pencil forearms and calves, relatively narrow shoulders, and smaller frame in general. My arms are also extremely short. 67" wingspan at 5'7 but they look/feel even shorter for some reason. At least my face looks good though.
Even though i'm not making much raw strength gains, I workout almost every day and have a train of thought heavily centered around muscle memory. I feel like if I keep on working out, even though my 1 rms aren't going up much, my body and nervous system are still adapting to the frequent stress and becoming stronger.
Thoughts?

>can do more
>look worse than him

Cruel world

Sounds good bro.
Do you do some explosiveness/power training?

>Thoughts?
I should probably have a double quarter pounder as a cheat meal this evening

Not exactly the same, but I wrestled for a (very little) bit, and I can pretty consistently get an advantage over a friend of mine who has ~50 pounds and a lot more muscle on me

Not really, a proper punch is more than moving your hand forward

Lifting 99% in the sagittal plane translates well to 2 other planes of motion along with magically granting you a skill your opponent has.

Okay.

The blowjob advantage

Upper body is purely bench press, pull ups, curls, dips, push ups, and inclined push ups on a "total gym" machine. Explosive? My bench is very normal speed. Inclined push ups are also very "normal" speed. My dips and regular push ups I do sometimes are relatively fast and I consider them explosive.

You doing something wrong

Barbells generate strength adaptation which enables greater ability to produce force. It carries over to pretty much everything in life.

No, you put the momentum of your entire upper body into a punch as you twist to extend your arm.
You dont just extend your arm from the shoulder.

Bro muscles are made of protein. You need to consume enough protein so that your body has enough left over from maintaining your organs to feed your muscles. How can you lift for so long but be so ignorant? What a waste of time holy shit

There is nothing ‘surprising’ about it, it is common sense...

Shit load of protein, not that bad for you really. Just dont get chips or soda

>implying strength can compensate for skill, reach, reaction time, and endurance

>shrugging 50s
what now?

>Implying anything but reaction time and strength matters in a street fight
You dont need endurance to knock a retard out with one punch, you moron

>Planet fitness
Please God tell me this is ironic

Attached: 1557152967344.gif (1280x817, 1.01M)

Lol no. The power in a punch comes more from hips than anything. Its all about rotating your body into it as you throw. When I was in boxing I knew guys who could knock down a building but never touched a weight.

[powerlifter-champion-gets-killed-by-amateur-teen-mma.webm]
Strength is useless when you're a faggot. And you talk like you've never been in a fight after elementary school.

Attached: 4ea0da4f1cff8d46129632e2dee2729f74fcf7fda97a19becc3c25b12e1d0c39.jpg (255x170, 12K)

>these are the people who give advice on Jow Forums

Eat more. I went from benching 50 to benching 70 in 2 months

A very fast horizontal Arnold press

Ftf(You)

Please be kg

Not really, the key to any kind of hitting is using all your body in one direction, you don't just "extend your arm" you shift your whole weight forward, there is actually a lot of technique in a good punch

Attached: 82e576a589b0307c7be506adbe5dd6a1.jpg (580x387, 52K)

To all the anons in this thread saying "i lift so i know how to punch", you sound exactly like dudes saying "i do leg press so i know how to squat"

Beware not to get killed by some MMA fighter, gymrat.
youtube.com/watch?v=ctZxQp6g1Vs

>implying it doesn't

Attached: not today.webm (426x240, 2.66M)

You really don't know much about fighting mate. Strength means nothing compared to skill, and a strong neck allows you to take punches far better

I hope he is talking kg

i guess hes talking about kg

Fucking mirin those traps though

Attached: 817025AE-F1C6-4EB8-BC98-FCBE317DD392.jpg (1122x2208, 213K)

A punch is the webm of the guy holding one side of a cable machine and throwing his hole body forward

pushing them forward while pushing your neck back gives the impression, theyre not like that when relaxed

Bwahahahahaha mogged for life

Manlets bench 135 in the womb. We own the bench.

I know. Thats what im doing in my picture too kinda. But still you can tell his are decent

Yeah, looks like the guy works them out a lot, he should do shoulders tho, big traps with narrow shoulders don’t look as good imo

Even if that was kg, where is the progress?

Dubs of Truth

Attached: 1560064536756.jpg (549x454, 34K)

full res

Attached: martial arts.jpg (4322x2884, 1.59M)

>that weak chin when he turns around

Attached: 1560789110749.png (569x802, 810K)

Idk Ive always been obsessed with traps and thought they make you look big as fuck.

this is sad

Can you really those kinda traps just shrugging 50s?

what progress? he just stats his "lifts"

and I assure you the guy on OP cant bench 135 without his buddy spotting him half of the weight'

I only do shrugs with 20’s and i think mine look ok

Attached: BE253C1E-3D4E-4EF9-80B9-26BFD9E3C213.jpg (1122x2208, 227K)

Thanks user, couldnt find it

who's this dude?

Thats me

You don't have the webm because a webm of a 250+lb powerbloater getting beat up by a twink mma fighter doesn't exist

They don't look trained. If you really want good traps, behind the neck wide grip OHP will be your best friend.

Attached: 1560484031479.jpg (600x784, 77K)

This guy is too fucking based

Try to just go super heavy too, like you see when a guy deadlifts alot his traps look like they are about to explode, put like 300lb on a barbell and shrug it for 3 sets of 10, use leg drive if you have to, your traps are one of the strongest muscles in the body and their strenght can grow rapidly

Appreciate the advice bros but im broke as fuck right now and am working with 2 20lb dumbbells and a pullup bar. Once I start working again ill get a gym membership though.

Kek, the powerlifter could have murdered him three fuckin times if he was a scum like the fighter

>the powerlifter would have won if he could fight
Really?

>planet fitness
Does his bench and squat count for shit when it's on a smith machine?

He had a grip on his neck like three times, he would have snapped him with ease if he wanted. No surprise the mma scumbag killed him the first chance he got, they are the niggers of fighters

>he wanted to lose
Cope harder fightlet.

That's a planet fitness he's in so no, that's lbs

I am a five foot seven 2 time all American amateur wrestling champion in at 160 and 171. I could fucking ruin any bloatmax retard fuck that stepped to me, period.

that's a bad example desu
dude was really showing that he's going for the punch

Because people that unironically waste their life going to the gym tend to have low IQ.

>5'7"
why they never learn?

Nice b8 m8.

Because binge watching shit on netflix or getting drunk is so much more worthwhile amirite plebbit?

Doesn't really matter what you say my guy, I could quite honestly kill you with ease.

Yeah but you would still be 5'7

Curios, does having wider hips as a male translate to a higher upper limit for punching compared to a v-taper build?
Fyi I know nothing about fighting at a professional level

>I'm a bitch, but at least I have my identity politics.
Did you know that 0% of the tall guys mogging people in Jow Forums images give a shit about their height?

>shrugs

Attached: man of laugh 4.gif (400x170, 1.97M)

i'd think the more narrow hips are, the faster they can be rotated through space due to less inertia and wind resistance. might be why women have a harder time because most of them are fat cows

Yeah I'm 5'7 gainfully employed with a mortgage and a fiance at 23 years old and you're just on Jow Forums xoxo