Resistance builds muscles

>resistance builds muscles
>water is 784 times more dense than air
Can I build muscles by swimming for an hour every two days?

Attached: 44B0D75D-BA7A-4CB8-9641-2E00FDD7CD70.jpg (510x340, 57K)

Your muscles will get stronger and adapt to swimming. It is highly unlikely you will experience much hypertrophy.

As someone who actually swims you absolute wont last an hour. By 30 minutes your arms will barely work the way you want and by 40 you just have to leave. That is if you do something atually intensive. Swimming is amazing when paired with something else. Its cardio but it also helps build muscle.

>resistance builds muscles
Nah thats time under tension x resistance force (Weight)
For swimming you'll just get lean if you really push yourself each day

What if i'm a skinny manlet lean bulking doing PPL who already bikes everyday? Can i go for swimming and high protein diet for that ripped ottermode?
Should i swim on lifting days?

Time under tension builds hypertrophy. Swimming is endurance based.

You can look pretty good if you only swim intensively, but from one point your muscles will only gain endurance and not mass.
All that provided you can get to a low enough BF

Stop being a faggot OP. Lift and swim. Yes you can swim after lifting. Stop being a FAGGOT and also eat more OP.

>tfw fattie
>love running
>love swimming
>too autistic to do any of them while people are watching
>end up running at 1am
wat do? I lost like 30pounds but I still dont feel comfortable going to the beach

Get over yourself. No one cares or will remember that fat weeb who ran past them smelling like Doritos and failure.

>Should i swim on lifting days?
Dont do this.
My regime is lifting, swimming, rest day repeat. You can cram some VERY light running inbetween it if you need the extra cardio but its up to you

Or you can do a split. I run in the morning, lift at night. Rest every two days.

swimming is a pretty good way to exercise if you put some serious effort into it.

Keep going if this works for you. But just go to the swimming pool one time and and your idea about this might change quite a bit; no guarantees but I expect there will be plenty of fatties there.

Why not? Give the reason why shouldn't one swim after lifting?

Also a possibility but since school ended and my part time job is only on weekends I would end up really bored if I split

No, you're supposed to lift while submerged underwater
Also viscosity dictates resistance, not density. They are often correlated but not the same.

>No, you're supposed to lift while submerged underwater

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

I used to swim on my lifting days. I only could do a few laps slowly but it made sure everything was cooked

Pic related is michael Andrews, a US swimming and result of USRPT. At the point this image was taken he had never lifted weights. So I guess you can get Otter mode by swimming alone

Attached: IMG_MICHAELANDREW_SP_062_2_1_095EMVG0_L145959687.jpg (1140x1704, 80K)

He honestly looks terrible

Ye you are right I guess will try going to the pool as soon as possible

You'll look like this at the very most

Attached: Michael_Phelps_mental_health_depression_art.jpg (1920x1277, 224K)

Here's a full body perspective

Attached: rudy-and-michael-phelps.jpg (528x678, 259K)

Damn he grow one more pair of arms beneath his side torso gripping his own chest.

It's not a bad physique
Why are his calves nonexistsent tho

Maybe because his legs dont fucking exist?

Kek

do you think phelps doesn't have a lifting routine?

Attached: really.png (231x266, 136K)

You'll only build cardio and maybe muscular endurance at most.

google image search "ottermode"