Would Judo actually benefit you in a street fight?

Would Judo actually benefit you in a street fight?

Attached: images (35).jpg (400x400, 14K)

There are better options user. With judo you have to avoid strikes to get into the clinche, and hope they don't have grappling experience.

Judo+boxing is all you need

street fights boil down to how many buddies does he have and how many buddies do you have, and how many on each side are carrying a knife or gun

I agree.

Definitely helps. But as previous anons said there are better alternatives.
Thing is, if you are in a streetfight with someone it's usually with a drunk gymbro or some insane guy who has martial arts experience. I guess judo beats bjj here since you won't follow him up to the ground (a good slam into concrete is enough).

In any case practice nogi grappling for optimal effects

you are retarded, kicks outrange boxing and you can't block punches and kick without gloves like you do in the ring.
realistic answer, only thing you can do, if someone pulls a knife on you is run away.

Here

Also try to run no matter what. If he has a knife run even faster.

Sweeps are great

I did boxing, muay thai and wrestling. I’d argue muay thai and wrestling is what you need

Kicks require much more space though.

You can set up a kick about the same distance as a jab if you do it right. You can do an oblique kick from where you stand

side kick, fron kick, spinning back kick and x kick at the top of my head all require no more space than a punch.

Kicks are retarded in a street fight, if they catch your leg or sweep you, you better have good ground game otherwise you're fucked.

>would being able to fluidly throw an aggressor across the room or painfully into the floor be useful in a physical altercation?

Attached: 74BC6E80-CCA8-49DA-ABEF-EADE36CF3103.jpg (750x823, 125K)

>Judo throw person before they pull out knife
>run away
So knowing Judo will be useful?

I fought on the streets with judo but it was basically against dudes who never learned to do any martial art, always won though.

I wanna see you react that fast against an experienced knife wielder. It's literally impossible getting out of there unscathed, even experienced martial artists suggest running away as soon as he tries to get a knife out. I never faced someone with a knife, but I won't take any chances, one fuck up and you are done, don't underestimate your opponent.

Heh I’d like to see you pierce my rockhard abs faggot

Any non-mcdojo martial art will benefit you in a street fight if the other guy doesn't know what he is doing.

>experienced knife wielder
Where the fuck do you live?

yes but a 100m sprint would benefit you more

Thing is that the guy with the knife lurks in the background, keeps it palmed in his hand so you can't see it.

Just don’t get swept tard

Everything helps you in a street fight, even goofy impractical shit like traditional Wing Chun or sport Tae Kwon Do. It's all a matter of how well you know what you're supposed to do in a fight, including pulling a weapon, running away, or seeking assistance.

Attached: 1545975254036.jpg (600x800, 274K)

Supplement with a striking art and you're golden. The thing is, it's not about the techniques themselves, it's the way the training makes you think about balance; yours and your opponents. Also, an uchi mata or seoi nage on some hard pavement will end a fight real quick.

Honestly if it was just one dude with s knife trying to mug me or something I’d likely try to kick him back and run or even attempt to kick the knife out of his hand. I wear steel toed boots most of the time I go out and I kickbox so it’s a scenario I think about a lot.

I want to lay my head down on her lap while she strokes my hair

Another question. There is two gyms near me. Freestyle wrestling and judo. Both are good. Have no idea what to choose. Help, user

Attached: 1554410039085.jpg (640x480, 61K)

In a scale of practicality with 0 being tai chi and 10 being mma training I think judo would be like a 7 or 8. In a street fight it doesn't really matter though because the other guy probably doesn't have any martial arts training.

Just take a trial class in each and pick your favorite.

Freestyle wrestling seems better desu, as a judoka I envy grappling sports that have less restrictions (leg grabs are forbidden in judo but that rule might change after the Olympics)

>10 being mma training
LMAO, mma training is absolutely rubbish for adult.
>1 workout per week at striking
>1 workout per week at grappling
>1 workout per week with conditioning and maybe sparrings
As result regular judoka or wrestler will smash you to the ground, regular striker will beat your fucking ass.

this

kicks are shit and do no immediate damage unless kick is done to the head but it can be covered easily

judo is ruinous and well suited for """"street fighting"""" because they force upright posture, throws can kill people and there is less focus on manhugging which is a great way to get stabbed
but if your gym is a "sports judo" place like where they ban leg grabs etc go for wrestling, wrestling is also much more aggressive, in judo half the sparring time you'll be trying to get a grab on the gi or some other boring shit like that

at my gym we practiced traditional judo where shit is allowed and we trained no-gi grips too

imo doing wrestling 30% for aggressiveness and judo 70% for throws would be best

I switched from judo to no-gi submission wrestling and glad I did it. The federation cucked the sport completely, for what even, to have more women enter the sport?

Hip throws and footsweeps would be your best bet,yeah
I used to hit Harai Goshi's all the time against aggressive opponents who would keep pressing on and marching forward while rolling in no gi bjj class,you just use their momentum,it's easy really.

Lads is Krav Maga legit? my 13 year old cousin wants to learn to fight and Krav Maga is popular here (Germany, ironic I know)But looks memey but it happens to be the closest gym thats not overcrowded with Turks, his mothers strict about that sadly... What do?

Attached: Bullyproof-Your-Child-With-Krav-Maga-Performance-Krav-Maga-300x300.jpg (300x300, 64K)

I think level of judo in Germany is very high, better your cousin try it. Krav Maga is rubbish

It’s good for street fights assuming the other person has a weapon.
Any experienced fighter will beat your ass tho because they’ll be dodging or blocking your prissy kicks to the balls

Thai boxing will. If you’re gonna drop ground level in the street beware of the surface.

Find him a kickboxing, muay thai or a bjj gym. Krav maga is a pretty situational martial art. It works h2h wise. I would advise against defending yourself with your hands against an armed attacker. The guy with the gun can shoot you at any given moment, it’s not like the movies where he holds it for 30 minutes and you can take it off his hands. Same thing goes with the knife. If you don’t have anything on you, fucking run.

t. never was taught Krav Maga and is speaking horseshit that they read online

Krav Maga is great to learn if you’ve never fought before and need to know how to defend yourself. You just need to find a good teacher (someone who has some relation to Israeli military or someone who’s actually trained with the original inventor of Krav Maga )

>Would Judo actually benefit you in a street fight?
Yes.
But not always. Don't be that guy that brings judo into a knife fight.

if you do judo to fight on the streets you're a low IQ monkey and should fuck off from sports

Yes but good Krav Maga training centers are rare to find among the many mcdojos.

I’ve been to Krav Maga classes with my friend. I’m speaking from experience when I say compared to boxing or Muay Thai it’s a sloppy self-defense and so are most of its practitioners. Now go cry somewhere else about it, not my fault you wasted your time on that meme

Just grab their hands lmao

>Going against a guy with judo training
>Just don't get swept by a person special izing in sweeps
Dumb user is dumb

Judo has standing holds, right? I’m not really familiar, I do random grappling and Muay Thai and most of our grappling spars start from the ground. I’ve heard shootfighting is a good combat sport in terms of grappling but I can’t find a coach here.

Judo if you want devastating throws and ok groundwork, wrestling if you want great ground work but no submissions

>Standing holds
Judo dude here, what do you mean by standing holds? Do you mean standup grappling grips? Cause judo has a shitton of those.

nothing helps if you are a manlet just accept your place in life

This, 5'9" & under take HRT

By that I mean holds that don’t involve going ground level. These would be pretty effective in street fights without knocking yourself out, wouldn’t they?

I think many of those holds rely on the sturdy gi and are a lot less applicable when your opponent is wearing a flimsy t-shirt.

I'm more stuck on what you mean by holds, really? For ways to grip your opponent yes you have that, but if you mean a hold such as a pin or an armbar no judo doesn't really have standing armbars or pins off the ground, mostly due to the fact no sport has that since that's pretty close to impossible to pin or armbar someone while both people are standing.
Flying armbars still end up on the ground so they don't count.

Do you mean throws such as you start standing up then smash them to the ground? Or like a choke or submissions while standing upright? Cause judo does have that.

>Pins rely on a gi
Honestly most pins don't have any gi work involved with them, it's the throws that use the gi more than any pin.

I meant submissions and chokes.

Freestyle wrestling by design is more versatile than federation-cucked judo.
Dont get me wrong, Judo is a Chad sport for sure.
But theres a reason they banned leg takedowns : they're meta as fuck.
Freestyle wrestling will teach you the exact moves that are banned in judo.
The single leg takedown is the most used takedown in jiu jitsu tournaments as well as MMA fights.
Greco Roman is also Chad and super flashy
Folkstlye the best though

you don't need a gi for judo to work.

Attached: rwanda rousey.webm (218x328, 431K)

Then yes judo has submissions and chokes while standing, although honestly that's pretty much the only submission you can get standing outside of shit like wrist locks

>But theres a reason they banned leg takedowns : they're meta as fuck.
They banned leg takedowns to make fights more dynamic and increase possibility of throws. That's also why they make grip fight rules stricter.

>Dynamic
More like flashy to be honest

Exactly.
They can come up with excuses but realistically if leg takedowns were allowed, judo would look like freestyle with a Gi

Motherfuckers with knives that want to hurt you don't flaunt the knife and wait for a good moment to stab you. If you know there's a knife, run the fuck away.
t. got stabbed in the back by a georgian slavnigger

Honestly it wouldnt, due to the fact that things like a scramble tend not to be there due to the gi and extra grip, plus the fact standup submissions exists and you're actually allowed to guillotine an opponent unlike wrestling. Judo with leg attacks looks like sambo, which doesn't look like wrestling or even close

>if leg takedowns were allowed, judo would look like freestyle with a Gi
lol you never wrestled or did judo in your life