I really started looking at people starting a few weeks ago and noticed how out of shape adults seem to be...

I really started looking at people starting a few weeks ago and noticed how out of shape adults seem to be. It seems everywhere I look in North America adults are fat. By fat I mean could lose at least 20 pounds.

I estimate 39 out of 40 adults to be fat here in North America.

What is your estimate as to how many people are too fat compared to how many aren't?

How come people are so fat, are this many people stuffing their mouths with processed foods?

Attached: fg_wpg_wpg_wp.jpg (711x807, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I’d wager it all boiling down to people not realizing just how much they eat.
t. skelly

You dont need to guess, people watch these things you know. As for why, there are a lot of different reasons. More people are living sedentary lives, have less active jobs, cheap food is readily available at all times, little to no education or interest in diet or health in general etc

>when you have literally no idea how studies work but want to make your own

cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html
at least 40% of Americans are OBESE, i.e. not just overweight, by full-on ham planet from the burger king galaxy fat. If you include the "merely" overweight fatties, the figure is more like 70%. Out of a room of 100 random Americans (including all the recent fat midget arrivals from central and south America) 70 of them are lardies.

Attached: diabeetus.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Got dam

>remove all blacks and hispanics from stats
>American BMI becomes the same as Europes

Hmm

Because we have an excessive amount of food. When humans first evolved it was hard as fuck to get food. You didn't catch a mammoth daily. Even today most wild mammals are on unintentional intermittent fasting diets.

Go watch a video of north koreans trying american food for the first time, shit like sausage, which is cheap and non-luxury here, is considered something only the rich can have over there.

Our "environment" has changed and we don't make the personal changes to adapt to it.

There is literally no excuse to be fat, just stop eating so much.

Most people here could really lose some fat, though there still seems to be a decent amount of thin population. The thing is that most of these people are pretty young and the older a person gets the worse they seem to manage their weight.

>people still believe this

so disprove it

I'd eager it's because their demographics are poorer. Being able to cook your own food is cheaper unlike what most people think but it does take up a lot of time, which is a luxury if you're poor.

Except European BMI is abysmal as well. We may be lagging behind somewhat, but it agitates me immensely that 95% of the people can't even climb a couple stairs without complaining about dying

Forgot to mention that they could just eat less, but junk food is designed to make you not feel full/it's mainly carbs.

Roughly two out of three U.S. adults are overweight or obese (69 percent) and one out of three are obese (36 percent). (9)
Obesity rates are higher in non-Hispanic Black, Hispanic, and Mexican American adults than in non-Hispanic White adults. (9)
Non-Hispanic Black women have the highest rates of obesity in the U.S.—nearly 59 percent, compared to 44 percent in Mexican American women, 41 percent in Hispanic women, and 33 percent in Non-Hispanic White women. (9)
Though overall obesity rates in the U.S. have stayed steady since 2003, obesity rates have continued to climb in men, Non-Hispanic Black women, and Mexican American women. (9)
If U.S. trends continue unabated, by 2030, estimates predict that roughly half of all men and women will be obese. (10)

Seen estimates as high as 74% overweight/obese (BMI>25)

Attached: 00.jpg (800x1200, 280K)

People need clearer instructions as 'eat this a lot' 'don't eat that' 'lift'
Also health professionals have no idea about the instructions they give (medic here) because most info about is obselete or without enough evidence to back it

Attached: 58b7fe8f60330.jpg (3899x1618, 708K)

>because most info about is obselete or without enough evidence to back it
you don't need science to tell you to put down then fries and pepsi

I think that's not what he meant. I have talked to a lot of doctors and they still subscribe to bullshit like
>metabolism (in the sense that one can "eat very little kcals and still gain weight)
>your body tears down muscle first and then fat
>lifting weights is bad for your back/knees/etc
Not all doctors think this, obviously, but then again there are quite a lot of special idiots within the medical community who think homeopathy is legit as well, so one shouldn't be too surprised

Pic unrelated

I know my dad wants to lose weight but eats way too much. Then he complains about how much people eat in america

My dad keeps bitching about how he just can't lose weight even though he jogs X times a week (he actually does which is commendable), but then also eats pretty much everything he can lay his hand on and and absolutely refuses to fix his diet. He won't even take a fucking plate and sit down to eat, he will just stand and eat from the pot like some fucking animal. At least if he would use a plate he could actually judge somewhat objectively how much he eats. When I point this out to him he just starts bullying me for taking the effort to measure my food (e.g. using a fucking plate) and only eating during set times (i.e. morning, lunch, breakfast). Was even called names for insisting on sitting down and eating in peace on a couple occasions. He just says he doesn't have time to eat, but he literally eats all the time, and spends at least 2 or 3 times as much time eating than I do (simply because eating so much kcals takes time).

God, how I have grown to hate fat people's """logic"""

Attached: 1353634700663.jpg (500x666, 40K)

Glutoltony, sloth, or combination of the two. Fat is sin made flesh. Dont overfeed your body, get off tv, vidya, Jow Forums and walk ur dog or play with ur kid. Fat people neglect life and are slaves to appetite. People are sinful and stupid and the trend is getting worse. At a certain point it will stabilize or reverse when wisdom comes back in vogue.

>don’t have time to eat
I always hear this excuse, and yet almost every time it is just total bullshit. There are plenty of healthy meals you can make that don’t require either a considerable amount of time to make or break the bank, tend to taste better too. Hell worst comes to worst just get some beans and rice.

He can't even cook, the food he eats is what my mother makes him (which is at least more or less healthy, though obviously this is a quantity rather than a quality issue).

Even if you don't want to go to the gym, there is no excuse to be fat.
Just watch what you eat and do some running. That is it. If you want a good looking body then go to the gym.

>when wisdom comes back in vogue.
ex-dee

>know a chick that got a job in usa for a year
>she's a disgusting landwhale, over 90kg
>she's in alabama
>people compliment her on the regular about how fit and healthy she looks.

the burden of proof is on you retard

>be my dad
>prepare your own deens in salt and oil
>"it's filled with omega 3 user didn't they teach you that at your fancy uni"
>he eats maybe 40 grams of deen filets together with a few spoons of salty oil with a couple breads
>"user wtf i gained one kg how's that possible"
he's not even dumb, i wonder what the heck goes on in his mind
obviously he does nothing but stay in the sofa all day

>Uses BMI
>Disregarded

I wholeheartedly agree there are far too many fat fucks.
But at 175# @ 5'10" I am on the division line between "normal" and "overweight"
Granted, to qualify for "obese" I would need to weigh over 200#
But I could add another 15 pounds of muscle and 15 of fat and still be fairly healthy, IMO.

Both my parents were overweight.
>went low carb
>eat meat and veggies
>dad rides stationary bike and lifts light weights
>mom walks dogs
>both lose a ton of weight in a year and keep up their healthy lifestyle
Feels good that when my kid is born I won’t have to pay for daycare and my boomer parents are healthy enough to take care of them and feed them good meals when me and my GF are at work.

>t. Overweight adult

Literally stop eating.

> thinks bmi is invalid for population studies

This is what fat niggers actually believe

>but it does take up a lot of time, which is a luxury if you're poor.
Wut?
If you only work part-time, or are purely on benefits you have tons of time.
Plus they always have tons of kids, make them help. Cuts time and is a learning/bonding experience.
Also you can always do all your cooking for the week on Saturday or Sunday.
A 5 pound bag of potatoes is the same cost as a single bag of potato chips, sometimes less. Eggs here (MI) can be had for 50 cents a dozen.

Stop making excuses.

>Thinks nationwide population studies are "valid"

best way to mealprep potatos? bake or boil?

when youre trying to estimate the obesity rate of a nation, thats what you do

As another user said, most people have no idea just what the fuck they are putting in their food or how much they are eating.

In Germany most adults are out of shape too. They excuse that with being "always" busy. Pulling worktime hours out of their ass. With 40-50 hrs/week (some even claim 90 hrs workweeks even though 40 is it by law and naturally) they just don't seem to fit it into their life.

When you ask why they don't go in the morning or on the weekends, well...

Germanfag here .

Most Germans do NOT work 90 hour weeks. That's BS.

They all take 6 week vacations and entire fucking companies take all of August off.

Because of their favorable geography and the fact the EU is a scam to make their currency artificially cheap for mass exports, Germans don't really work that hard.

I'm all for the scam and I love Germany (my wife is German) but no way any German works 90 hour weeks. The laws prevent it and its impossible to fire a German worker after 1 year employment.

I'm fit. I don't need excuses. Aside from jumping to racist conclusions there must be a reason why they are fatter than white people. I'm very very skeptical it's a genetic thing, so the answer must lie in either cultural or socioeconomic influences.

How did you find a German waifu?

Why do people lie about that shit?

I sat for the PE in the US in April on a Friday and everybody I talked to claimed to have already worked 45-50 hours that week. They didn't work Friday and they spent at least half of Thursday traveling to the testing center, so they what, did 15 hour days the first part of the week? I hope they didn't bill those hours for the shitty job they had to have been doing.

(I put the test, travel, and meals on my expense account and got paid for the test day.)

My biggest "glass shattering" moment in my life was when I realized people don't actually work the 40+X hours they claim. They merely are AT their workplace for 40+X hours.
That fucker who claims he works for 12 hours a day? He works for maybe 2, 3 tops, and spends most of his time on facebook or reading news articles. Some exceptions apply, but even then, I have found that people are doing things slowly and have no inclination on speeding them up if they are easy. I have automated tasks in some places which had to be done every other week and would take 5-6 hours at least, but noone bothered to look up a fucking script language because they never truly wanted to change anything. I had to do that once and wanted to open my veins because of how repetitive and boring it was, and I fixed it in some odd hours I had during the next couple weeks. I had to be repeatedly told in some workplaces that I should "slow down" because I make others look bad. I just started to do ~6-7 hour workdays after that.

Anyway, what I realized is that being at your workplace is a super convenient catchall excuse. Didn't work out? You were too tired after a 12 hour shift. Didn't cook? No time for groceries after arriving home at 7PM. Are a shitty parent and don't want to spend time with and effort on your child? Just work 70-80 hours a week, claim you need the money to support your family and you'll be the good guy. (Even if you blow all that money on absolutely useless shit you don't need and never will.) You get a dog (because muh puppies are so cute), then after he grows up you barely spend time with it and never walk him but lock him up in a tiny enclosure in your back yard? It's fine, just claim your time schedule at work doesn't allow for you to spend time with it. It's all still socially acceptable. And god help you if you point this out to people.

Attached: disdain_for_plebs.jpg (400x462, 48K)

Hahahaha you've never worked a physical job I see

I have worked with/at German companies and I can confirm. They are kinda precise though, they always arrive at work on time and leave after their time expires. If they work an 8-16:30 schedule you can expect your emails to be answered at 8:02, but god help you if you send an email at 16:31. The office will be fucking EMPTY

They are also absolutely anal about rules, no matter how utterly retarded they are.

I actually have, and while I didn't outright specify it, I was clearly talking about white collar jobs.

That being said, most blue collar workers also absolutely refuse to improve their conditions, or do ANYTHING to advance their careers. They won't try to think about how things could be improved, they won't start to learn a trade that's more in demand, etc. They will just bitch around like the rest. And yes, I understand that they won't be able to qualify for certain jobs, so I'm not saying they should just "learn to code", but there are fields where you don't have to be a neurosurgeon and which are still in demand. E.g., electricians and plumbers and so much in demand nowadays (at least in my area) that they can pull some serious cash, yet folks aren't switching simply because they are lazy as fuck. (Not lazy enough to not work, but to switch and improve/change their lives.) Switching to these jobs would allow them to either earn more cash or have shorter workweeks, yet they don't even consider it.

can confirm. I also found it odd how tightly scheduled leisure is in germany, with a company stammtisch taking place every other thursday at 4 pm and everyone shows up on time

Stay away, there are enough lazy niggers who we have to feed here

I'd say boil. Baked will be shit by day 3-4, boiled is mediocre throughout

Although here in Belgium the amount of overweight people is still at bay a lot of people and especially women have very weirdly shaped bodies, which looks very unhealthy. Odd fat distribution with a flat ass and a blocky structure and many store fat under the chin or in the cheecks, despite, like I said, not being particularly overweight. So kinda like pic related.

I blame excess alcohol and fast food consumption. The eating habits of most young people are totally out of control, with pizza, pita and french fries multiple times a week

Attached: asqueroso.jpg (1066x1600, 228K)

Do ugly fit guys make it with women in America since almost half of the population are obese fucks ?

So why is fph thread always full of white women?

Because if you take out your phone in the hood to shoot pictures of black women, you're gonna have a bad time, plus white feminists whores post their body positive nonsense all the time out of their own volition so there will be more pictures of them anyway

Crockpot noob. How do all you meal prep faggots not crockpot? Are you seriously eating food 5-6 days old? WTactualF

Use a fucking crockpot on tues/wed and eat freshly cooked food. Meal prep shit is fucking disgusting. If I see one more geared up mid 30s faggot microwaving week old chicken broc rice Im gonna start cooking fish in the toaster.

Listen,
If you meal prep by only cooking one day a week you are worse than the fat fucks who eat out every night. You may not realize it yet, but its true.
>he thinks nutrients stay in food for 5 days....
kek ‘em

>>he thinks nutrients stay in food for 5 days....

Where do you think the nutrients "go" in a sealed container?