Bananas

What about this little fuckers?. Are they good for you?.
I'm making a cut and wondering if I should indulge myself with these.

Attached: bananas.jpg (1024x679, 50K)

don't eat more than 2 a day, calories are good but the carbs and sugars are very high, eat it in the morning before a run or before your deadlifts

Love em with oatmeal and 2 tbsp of peanut butter

What's a better fruit alternative?

They’re shit. Eat high meat

I used to eat one before workouts. Need to get back into that.

Eat raw honey with milk goats milk and you will see the error of eating fruit

For energy's sake? Not much.

If you want something good tasting and low in calories, apples, especially green ones. 10-20 calories each in those little fuckers.

A thick meaty banana has like 200 calories by comparison, and very little fiber. It's absorbed quickly by the body but doesn't make you feel full.

Oranges are roughly equal to bananas in calories by weight but they have way more fiber. Maybe that.

Blend it up with the skin still on boyo

>high meat
What's that?
>Eat raw honey with milk goats milk and you will see the error of eating fruit
What does that even mean?. I take my infusions with honey instead of sugar but with cow's milk
>apples
I already eat one a day. Should I up the dosage?
Are you memeing on me?

>Are they good for you?
Yes.
>I'm making a cut and wondering if I should indulge myself with these.
Yes.
An apple has 100+ calories, not 10.

Calorie content is also irrelevant since eating food isn't about minimizing calorie intake (this would be achieved by eating nothing)

>It's absorbed quickly by the body but doesn't make you feel full
This is incorrect. Bananas provide high satiety, as all fruits do.
All fruits are fine. You should eat fruits that you like eating.

>Calorie content is also irrelevant since eating food isn't about minimizing calorie intake
Can you expand on this?. I try to eat less carbs and fats but my diet is basically 60/40 protein and carbs or the other way around some days.

I would just eat the peel, no need to blend it up.

As another user said, apples are like 80-120 calories depending on size.

Fruit skin has fiber which helps with feeling full, too.

>Fruit skin
Doesn't it have a lot of pesticides?

He's saying if you want to limit calories, you just wouldn't eat, maybe?

If you're cutting, 1-2 pieces of fruit per day would be the maximum. They are good for you, but it's unneeded calories when you could be substituting with spinach, broccoli, and celery and shit to fill you up for less.

What kind of bananas are you eating with 200 calories? A medium (6”) banana is about 100 calories. I’ve never seen a 1’ banana

Wash your fruit, idk dude, take it or leave it.

>If you're cutting, 1-2 pieces of fruit per day would be the maximum
Already doing that.
>spinach
Eat that a lot. Best green around
>broccoli
I can't stand it. The other day I made a broccoli pizza and have been getting dry heaves until today thinking about it
>celery
How do you make it taste good?

I eat 1-2 after the gym to restore glycogen.

>How do you make it taste good?
Option 1 - you don't. Just eat it. Option 2 - Mix horseradish with plain non fat greek yogurt and dip.

>Fructose goes through the liver to be stored instead of skeletal muscle

>glycogen
What's this meme about?
What does that even mean?

Nah, the skin has some nutrients you wouldn't normally get, and as long as you have other shit with it, it won't change the taste much

Banana with a bit of greek yogurt and honey is my usual pre workout snack if I'm hungry.

>glycogen
>"a substance deposited in bodily tissues as a store of carbohydrates. It is a polysaccharide which forms glucose on hydrolysis."

It's the body's store of carbohydrate, like how fat is the storage of...fat.

You're not refilling muscle glycogen with fructose, you're refilling, primarily, the liver stores.

What I mean is, if your calorie goal is 2000, then you want to eat 2000 calories. So the fact that a banana has 120 calories and a broccoli stem has 10 is meaningless. You WANT calories, you just want less of them than your body expends in a day. Those calories can come from wherever you want as long as you meet your nutritional goals.

>They are good for you, but it's unneeded calories when you could be substituting with spinach, broccoli, and celery and shit to fill you up for less
This is also terrible advice since cutting doesn't involve eating 2000 calories of vegetables. You just eat a normal diet, which involves a combination of more and less calorie sense food to reach a goal

I'm eating mostly lean meat, eggs and low fat cheese for protein and roasted veggies with some fruit every now and then for carbs. Will I make it?

>green apples
absolutely based

>This is also terrible advice

It's terrible advice to substitute healthy food with calories for healthy food that has hardly any calories? Are you retarded?

Those calories do add up, user, and if you want to limit calories, you remove them. I didn't say to always remove or avoid them, but it really depends how hard you're cutting.

something about studies show the optimal mix is something like 70% glucose 30% fructose for restoring glycogen within 4 hours of a workout.