Day 5 of fast and I have lost all hunger for food. I have lost more weight in 5 days than 3 weeks of normal dieting...

Day 5 of fast and I have lost all hunger for food. I have lost more weight in 5 days than 3 weeks of normal dieting. 5 more days and my cut will be complete.
Take the fast pill Jow Forums.

Attached: tenor[1].gif (498x372, 871K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022519304004175
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21410865
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26374764
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24215592\
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23171320
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19793855
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 999F6680-98DC-4863-BB54-764EFA46050B.jpg (500x378, 73K)

Sorry but I actually lift weights and have muscles

Most of your weight loss is water weight, initially. You'll gain a lot of it back. Remember that a pound of fat is roughly 3500 calories. So best case scenario you could have lost 3lbs in 5 days.

Fasting is muscle sparing, body goes through bodyfat first.

And fasting is the best way to cut. You sound like a DYEL who hasn't even finished his first bulk yet.

So I have read studies that say that max health benefits from fasting are from around day 2 to 3. If I fasted for 3 days and then ate on the 4th day, then going back to fast for 3 more days, would this be wise?

not lifting weights isn't muscle sparing

>he thinks you can't lift on a fast

enjoy dying

pussy

try doing an actually taxing routine

try understanding that obviously you won't be able to lift heavy while you're fasting for many days and you'll need to adapt your routine

Weak nigga.
When fasting you are supposed to reduce volume by 1/3 and weight longer between exercises. Also you should be getting electrolytes. I'm doing fine exercising and I am doing a routine as taxing as PHAT

Ok cool how much did you run
How much did you lift
How much did you train

Oh you’re a skinny fat loser who doesn’t do anything and just wants to make his shitty body less shitty. Okay

you don't have to tax yourself to prevent degeneration. You literally just have to provide a decent amount of stimulus. its only a few days.

Lol no.
I am fasting specifically because it preserves muscle faggot.
The fact that you think fasting = not fit only makes you look like the DYEL.

Your body uses amino acids from your muscle protein when you fast. You don't just need energy to live you need protein for cell division and cell repair.

>Bloatlord fat fag can't understand why someone wouldn't eat 4k calories for a few days
>Y-You must be weak!!
lol

Your body loses muscle no matter what type of diet you do but multiple studies confirm that fasting spares the most muscle.

You've depleted your glycogen stores and mostly lost water weight.

Loling at the fat fuck who wrote this article.
>Not eating for 22 hours is "horrible"
Imagine never going your entire life without missing 2 meals and thinking that's "horrible" despite the fact that that is how most humans have eaten throughout history.

Attached: fat fuck.jpg (640x112, 19K)

waterweight, child

Attached: 57439842_10156884337640617_5321288008127741952_n.jpg (767x768, 46K)

I did something like this for religious reasons. It would work, but it would be pretty difficult. Also keep lifting, but don't push yourself too hard and choose safe exercises. If you start to feel lightheaded etc., break your fast.

Honestly, I don't think it's worth it too push yourself that far.

>Fasting is muscle sparing, body goes through bodyfat first.
No. There is a limit on how much body fat your body can use per day:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022519304004175
If you don't get any food at all, you have two issues: first, you don't get enough energy for your needs from body fat and second, you don't have enough protein to maintain your muscles and organs. The energy requirements will mostly be met by lowering your energy output; first by reducing activity levels, then by slowing metabolism, not rebuilding muscle and organ tissue and various other tricks, most of which are bad news for muscle retention and overall health. The lack of protein means you don't grow as much muscle as you would otherwise, don't repair or maintain the muscle you have, and to a certain extent scavenge muscle tissue to maintain vital organs. All of that is extremely bad for muscle retention. It also stresses your system and makes rebuilding your muscles later harder.

Most of the weight loss seen in fasting beyond the fat loss you would have from a strict diet is temporary; glycogen stores, water, guy contents. Some of it is also muscle and organ loss (even a bit of bone in extreme cases).

Generally speaking, if your goal is to get lean and muscular, fasting is a bad strategy. If you want to lose weight quickly for a competition, it is sometimes the best option. If you have so much body fat it can actually provide all your energy needs, and are willing to accept some muscle loss, it can be a decent short-term strategy. For some people, it is psychologically easier than a strict low-calorie diet, which may mean they actually stick to it when otherwise they would give up. It can help you train to manage hunger. If you can't stand a keto diet and want to build glucose sensitivity back up to avoid or manage diabetes, it can be useful. But for the typical Jow Forums user, just having four protein shakes a day is better.

>Your body loses muscle no matter what type of diet you do but multiple studies confirm that fasting spares the most muscle.
Please post links to these studies, because that contradicts basically everything I know about the subject.

>guy contents.
GUT contents

I knew a guy who had Hank, Dale, Bill, and Boomuer tattooed across his chest. He was a obese alcoholic.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21410865
There are dozens and dozens of studies showing that intermitted fasting is best for muscle retention because it causes your body to release growth hormone.

Yet multiple studies show that fasting in fact loses less muscle while losing more non lean mass.

You put quotations on "horrible" despite it not being a quote from the article.

I've been doing fasting for 2 days, eating, then fasting for another 2 days for ~4 months. I've lost 18 pounds of fat and 4 pounds of muscle. I like more results so if you want less muscle loss just do maybe 3 days a week max

Attached: 1502328936484.jpg (1400x1790, 289K)

>I can't live without food
>I like food too much
>I'm cranky unless I eat first thing in the morning
>Isn't that unhealthy
>you're crazy

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21410865
That shows that alternating cutting and maintenance days is more effective than a constant cut, not that fasting is good. Eating a low calorie diet every other day isn't fasting. 24 hours is not long enough to even finish digesting your last meal, let alone deplete glycogen stores. It also isn't clear if it includes compliance with the diet as a factor (hard to check if someone is actually sticking to it in a study).

>24 hours is not long enough to even finish digesting your last meal

Retard

Those are pretty terrible results. By eating a low-calorie, high-protein conventional diet and lifting heavy, I was able to lose 31 lbs. (from a high of 227 lbs.) of overall weight, which apparently includes almost none of my lean mass (less than 1 lb. according to US Navy body fat calculation, which isn't 100% accurate but best I can do). My lifts all went up considerably in that time. I suggest trying a diet if basically pure protein (whey and egg white) plus micronutrients (AKA protein-sparing modified fast), possibly alternated with refeed days of normal food at maintenance calories, and see if you do better.

Spend some time studying statistics and learn how easy it is to fuck up that kind of study. If the results contradict what should be biologically possible, you should be very cautious about accepting them. It's possible that there are poorly understood mechanisms which make fasting actually effective, but it seems more likely that there is some p-hacking, methodology issues, cherry-picking of studies, and so on happening.

Sure but over what time period did you get those results? Also I did PSMF before for 6 months and lost more muscle mass so that diet is bullshit. Fasting is easier to stick to then calorie restriction, which is why I do it really

Attached: 1ot9ev.jpg (500x375, 25K)

>growth hormone
HGH is only one factor in muscle growth. Fasting also causes raised cortisol and lowered testosterone (both really bad for muscle retention), just looking at hormones. Activity levels, glycogen supply, availability of protein to actually build the muscle, muscle protein synthesis, cellular activity, etc. are all also important and fasting is bad in most respects. Overall, it looks like actual fasting (not just eating a low calorie diet or having slightly longer gaps between meals) should be really bad for muscle.

How well that actually matches real-world results is hard to judge. There are some studies which say fasting works, but it's incredibly hard to get that kind of study right. Few review boards will let you stop human subjects eating entirely for multiple days. Few researchers will have the resources to force test subjects to comply with that or even monitor them to see if they do. Mostly you see stuff like 'we told a bunch of people to eat about 600 calories a day for a couple of days; that seemed to be more effective than telling them to eat 1,200 calories a day' or 'this works in rats'. There are numerous ways to fuck up the statistics, even if you have good methodology.

Anecdotal evidence isn't great; few people who look good claim that fasting is how they did it, but that could just be because fasting isn't popular. There's little proof that someone who claims to have (or not) used fasting actually did (or didn't), especially on the internet. People who identify as vegetarian are about 60% likely to have eaten meat in the last couple of days (link removed because Jow Forums identified it as spam, google it yourself). I bet people who claim to be fast have similar rates of non-compliance with their intended diet.

what happens when you start eating again?

For an absolute amount. If you diet and exercise and lose 10 lbs, you’ll lose like 8lbs fat (just directional don’t quote the percents) and 2 lbs muscle. If you fast in the same period of time you may lose 20 lbs but 10 will be fat. It’s more, in a relative sense, but you still lose 10lbs of muscle rather than 2

>Sure but over what time period did you get those results?
Four months, last Christmas to late April.
> I did PSMF before for 6 months and lost more muscle mass so that diet is bullshit.
Can't argue with that. It seems to work for me and the theory looks good, but if you didn't get good results, then it obviously isn't best for you.
>Fasting is easier to stick to then calorie restriction, which is why I do it really
Compliance is certainly a good reason to use a diet even if it isn't theoretically optimal for you nutritionally.

At the moment I'm experimenting with alternating between maintenance days and PSMF ones. Seems to be easier to stick to, reduces my urge to go crazy when I slip up and have a binge day, and makes me feel better. Still too early to judge the result on body composition.

What's your workout routine look like on alternating PSMF? I did it every day and my strength suffered harshly, only had good energy levels after the re feeds for a few days. Are you lifting on maintenance days?

HGH does NOT cause muscle hypertrophy.

Post body

100% of the faggots who do this fasting stuff are dyel and look like dog shit

>dammit bobby burning a candle an incense

Not doing much lifting at the moment, because I injured my pec / shoulder doing bench press and I'm waiting to get the all clear from a doctor before doing much upper body stuff. So I'm doing a leg / lower back day (t-bar deads, leg press, hack squats, ham curls, glute-ham raises and hip thrusts) on maintenance days and pure cardio on the cutting ones. Energy levels seem inconsistent and not terribly related to how much I have to eat. Was previously doing horizontal push-pull (bench, rows, etc) / vertical p-p (OHP, pulldowns, etc) / legs twice a week
each while on continual PSMF.

There are dozens of studies showing the same thing

Yet studies show otherwise.

Not according to studies user

>All these newfaggot dyel that keep insisting you will lose a bunch of muscle when fasting
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26374764
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24215592\
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23171320
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19793855
There are literally DOZENS of studies showing that you can lose little to NO muscle doing intermittent fasting which is far better than normal calorie restriction

post body

After i'm done with my fast. Then I will show you a before and after.
Why don't you post actual scientific studies that prove me wrong?

studies dont matter
only results
millions of athletes, bodybuilders etc eat multiple meals a day and exercise for muscle preservation while cutting

>Studies don’t matter
Hardcore brainless you are. I bet you think cupping is real too then.

>Millions of people are wrong
Not surprising.

not him but I run ten miles at least every day and I do prolonged fasts while training regularly

very few professional or even college athletes eat at below maintenance ever

t. D1 athlete

>deplete your body of water and glycogen
>wow guys look at all this weight i lost
>gains 70% of it back after a sandwich
based retard

How based and redpilled is alternate day fasting? I'm trying to get out of eternal skinnfat mode I've been stuck in a for few years and I cant commit to cutting or getting big. I'd just like to get back in decent shape desu

Attached: 1548451021319.jpg (768x1024, 75K)

>intermittent fasting
Yeah no fucking shit sherlock. The OP is talking about extended fasting.

this