What's the best oil to cook with?

What's the best oil to cook with?
I've been told olive oil is the best choice

Attached: 20190620_203604.jpg (720x678, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11593354
chrismasterjohnphd.com/podcast/2017/06/24/coconut-oil-killing-us/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

coconut oil

gutter oil

none or you're never going to make it

That and olive oil need to be cooked at low heat though because it burns fast

Olive oil tastes the best and is the healthiest for you but it's expensive and has a low burning point. If you need to cook anything at high temperatures like shallow frying go with something else.

Coconut oil has a high smoke point peen face

Yeah it depends on what you are cooking of course. Honestly no oil is the best by coconut oil has MCTs in it at least.

olive oil gets damaged by heat. canola oil is deeway

Attached: 61617835_420413528542605_5876250722537832448_n.jpg (960x629, 36K)

Motor oil

If it makes your car go, it makes you go

>not gonna make it

skr8 saturated fat and heat labile my guy. worst choice

Avocado oil has great fats that promote heart health more than olive oil

Pig oil is best for cooking.

Reference for you mongs. Wish it included heat info also. Avocado is hella bueno but idk about the heat. can't afford it yet tanyway

Attached: Omega.jpg (338x459, 69K)

looks like avocado is the best in terms of comp + smoke point but canola is a good 2nd choice based on price

Attached: a01fed2f2bc454cfecbd61edbe8bbb81.jpg (470x580, 74K)

plant oils, except for coconut oil, are high in unsaturated fats which are less chemically stable than saturated fats and so they form trans fats when they're heated.
smokepoint may or may not matter.
regular amounts of saturated fats don't matter.
even small amounts of trans fats do matter.

tl;dr: plant oils for salads. coconut oil or clarified butter (ghee) for cooking.

I like olive oil and avocado oil. Avocado has a super high smoke point so it's good for frying things.

Dude you can get a gallon jug on Amazon for like 30 bucks. That shit lasts more than a year

t. brainlet
smoke point is somewhere around 200°C

based chinese poster

If you're going to cook with olive oil, make sure its just "olive oil", not extra virgin. EVOO is awful for cooking.

don't post in threads about cooking if you don't cook

you'd be better off making a decent salsa for salads than using oils, and using butter or coconut oil for cooking. Try to fit in flaxseed oil with cold things when you can.

Excess vegetable oil consumption has been one of the worst things to happen to our health, especially combined with sugar. Please try to increase your omega-3 intake. You can swing a dead cat and get enough omega-6 in a day.

10w-30 full synthetic motor oil

Olive oil for low heat, canola oil for high heat
At least that's the rule of thumb that I learned

>saturated fat is bad
Study please? Coconut oil is based af, go fuck yourself.

Attached: 020393F1-8F93-475A-9627-23C871A81AB2.png (601x517, 335K)

Olive oil or butter for low temperature. Clarified butter for high temperatures.

Goose fat or gtfo

Olive oil for lower temp, or to throw on your salads as it's polyphenols break down in high temp.
Avocado or coconut for high temps as they don't oxidize at high heat.
Everything else is shit, and avoid canola.

I use pigs fat or butter. Oil is for salads.

trick question. use lard, tallow, or butter.

Olive oil has a very dominant flavor and can ruin a lot of things.

this

this, only fags cook with oils

RAPESEED OIL NIGGA

I just cook everything in grass fed pork lard, steaks are amazing with it. Tell me why I shouldn’t be doing this?

olive oil, rapeseed oil

your own fat

Italian here
You mean you don't use olive oil for everything?

Bari isn't italia

Hi detto Italia, non Africa, terrone

All plant oils are toxic, use animal fat instead

A thread about oil where no one has mentioned sunflower? I am severely disappointed.

Clarified butter. As tasty and healthy as butter but has a much higher smoke point.

coconut oil, olive oil, butter and lard

from a purely health point of view sesame oil's really good, but it tastes quite strong so doesn't really work with some food

no oil, onions sauce, I reall do it, for restraining calories and saturated fat

>peen face

Attached: tcruise pepe.jpg (480x480, 35K)

I use olive oil for low heat and clarified butter for high heat. Sesame oil for chinese. Sometimes I add a bit of walnut oil for salads (don't use this oil alone).

>Clarified butter. As tasty and healthy as butter but has a much higher smoke point.
My nigga.

trash tier:
- sunflower
- sóy
- rapeseed or canola
- flaxseed

mid tier:
- coconut
- palm
- avocado

high tier (for cold use):
- olive
- macadamia
- walnut
- hazelnut

god tier:
- ghee (clarified butter)
- lard
- butter

here's one but there are dozens of studies showing isocaloric replacement of sat fat with pretty much anything reduces LDL
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11593354

Attached: 62241143_333108490711886_9214528115076759552_n.jpg (828x781, 47K)

Coconut oil and EVOO and organ meats and grass fed eggs are the best fats, avoid palm oil, canola oil, basedbean oil, and any PUFAs as much as possible, nuts are okay as long as they aren’t roasted.

chrismasterjohnphd.com/podcast/2017/06/24/coconut-oil-killing-us/

>avoid canola.
retard
cardiovascular disease

Attached: Comparison_of_dietary_fats.gif (570x348, 28K)

Lard or sunflower oil

Saturated fats aren't bad, and neither is cholesterol

>as it's polyphenols break down in high temp.
Ouch.

> avoid PUFAs
you're an absolute mongoloid idiot. PUFAs are essential fatty acids. omega6 is easy to get and it's important to get a better ratio of 3:6. this is why avocado oil and canola are better than shit like sunflower oil. EPA was recently shown to reduce cardiovascular risk in combination therapy.

see retard contrarian

Lmao @ u

Attached: 0E6203C7-AF56-4B87-9F4A-FA52374D003F.jpg (495x459, 58K)

Rapeseed

butter

LDL isn't cholesterol, nor is it proved that sat fat raises it. LDL is made in the liver
Still begging the question as it was never proven why they're "bad" just corollary nonsense that you blindly eat up

You can get the necessary Omega fatty acids from a diet with a reasonable intake of grass fed eggs and fish, PUFAs are the most unstable fat molecule structure and promote oxidation within the body, monounsaturated and coconut oil are preferred when it comes to the primary composition of your fat intake. There are plenty of studies that show that a diet where the fat intake is mostly PUFAs is highly cardiotoxic.

>deciding your views based upon one study instead of actually doing some research and developing a systemic understanding of how these structures work

>grass fed fish
Room temperature IQ confirmed.

> no before/after
> no free T vs. bound
> no SHBG level
> no estrogen level
this data is useless

Would you have preferred he use an Oxford Comma so your tiny pee brain doesn't get confused?

I've used avocado oil for nomal frying. Each time it smoked a lot, definitely more then the average, definitely cheaper olive oil I've used in the past. What's up?

Synthol is a wise choice.

This

literally posted a study showing that sat fat raises LDL cholesterol mongo were you not able to read it?
omega fatty acids are PUFAs retard
coconut oil is skr8 satured fat which "is highly cardiotoxic"

>literally posted a study showing that sat fat raises LDL cholesterol mongo were you not able to read it?
The study showed a correlation, are you really this dense?
LDL still isn't cholesterol btw

Ketards denying that saturated fat raises LDL is a whole new level of stupid. It used to be that you morons accepted that SFA raises LDL but you had a conspiracy theory whereby LDL is actually harmless and doctors and scientists all around the world are controlled by statin companies and potato farmers. Imbecile city

We eat more and more non-saturated fats now, we feed animals PUFAs. Every packaged food item contains PUFAs. Almost no one eats tallow, butter, ghee
Heart disease keeps increasing

But it's totally the sat. fat fault amirite

Butter is the best, both in taste and health. Avoid cooking in plant oils, but if you have to olive would be the best. Still, it's better eaten raw

>quite a bit of omega 3 with no omega 6
is this for real? sounds based, I need to look into it

Ketards think they have the secret spellbook full of magic
They can't accept that their diet leads to weightloss via CICO (protein and fiber are satiating, combo of fat+carbs=hyperpalatable) and it's terrible for them longterm

Attached: 1552546234540.jpg (600x500, 64K)

What does smoke point mean? The temperature at which it turns to smoke?
Why is that bad? Do frying pans usually get that hot?

>Absurd reductionism
If you ate 3000 calories in one sitting versus evenly spaced 3-5 times a day would you maintain or gain weight?

The oil starts getting oxidized. Oxidized fatty acids will cause cardiovascular problems.

Pork fat or butter my friend

LMBO he denies CICO too! The absolute state of memedieters

Attached: 61507085_729592487521423_3910729407051857920_n.jpg (822x654, 65K)

>If you ate 3000 calories in one sitting versus evenly spaced 3-5 times a day would you maintain or gain weight?
Depends on the person.

If you cannot take up all the calories in one sitting you are not actually taking up 3000 calories. If the number of calories in that one sitting is lower than your daily caloric need you lose weight. If it is above you gain weight.

Yes exactly what you said, hence why I think CICO is absurdly reductionist.
I'm not denying CICO but there's more to it than just total number of calories a day